Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Anybody Have Audio's? (Please Help!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1.5 million
    yeah - what the hell - this request makes absolutly no sense to me. Am I expected to turn on a mic - say a few words about the AG and then send it in to this guy? WTF? Why doesn't he do this himself? I completely fail to see what it is he is trying to accomplish and he certainly has not taken any effort to actually explain what he is up to and to do such in any kind of manner that he should expect me to care.
    Not everything is being posted here is about you my friend, take it easy, calm down, and if you can keep it clean it's even better

Comment

One-Way,

Just for interest, what kind of music you make? Though my education was on printing design for textile, I also educated myself as musician. I had made a song named ‘’Armenian Child’’ (making songs is my hobby only). But publishing such a song most probably leads you to the court in Turkey like Orhan Pamuk. (By the way Pamuk’s trial’s canceled, I had said before, it would be so, hehe ). Maybe you are inspired from its story. Sharing is not problem. The story mentions about an Armenian child who is left motherless during deportation then sent to the Syrian deserts. Of course, in Turkish, I adorned by the support of circumstances with rhyming expressions. To write such words inevitably needs some study and that gives you an opportunity of a creative and well-founded work, so, you know, unless it is original, the work will be less valuable and not to be taken seriously.

Comment

From the movie "Ararat"

Comment

Thank you for all the links. I'll check them out tonight.

Originally posted by 1.5 million
          yeah - what the hell - this request makes absolutly no sense to me. Am I expected to turn on a mic - say a few words about the AG and then send it in to this guy? WTF? Why doesn't he do this himself? I completely fail to see what it is he is trying to accomplish and he certainly has not taken any effort to actually explain what he is up to and to do such in any kind of manner that he should expect me to care.
          The idea is to have an intro of different audio clips of different people talking about the Genocide. Not people like you or me, giving out views, but people like Peter Jennings and his ABC special on the genocide. Random clips coming up. Audio clips of survivors, the Turks' view on it, etc.

Why are you trying to pick a fight with me? You just don't understand what I need. The intro has no singing in it, in any way. It's just a track with audio clips.

Originally posted by Tongue
          I think it won't have the same effect if he does the intro himself and then sings the song. I think he wants to do something like R-mean's "open wounds" video I posed about in this thread. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I can't think of any MP3 sites with interviews, etc. Reincarnated posted some great ones, try to open 'em with another computer.
          I knew someone would bring R-Mean up, and it's kind of like that, but not really. I was working on this intro a few months before I heard his song, but put the whole album on hold, and lost a bunch of audio's I already had. In the video, which is actually a skit before the song on his album, a survivor talks about the genocide. That's basically what I'm trying to do, except I need a whole bunch of different audio's to mix it together.

I have a rough copy of it done, but I still need some new audio's.

Thanks for all the help from the people who tried to help.

Comment

One-way, good luck with your project. It sounds like a wonderful project, and I fully support your efforts in making it happen. I like the idea of mixing in audio clips before the song. It seems like it will add a powerful element to your message.

The twentyvoices website has hundreds of clips from Genocide survivors.

Cosmos, good luck with your project too. Although, you refuse to use the word "Genocide" instead using "deportation", I think it is still valuable in the sense that it will humanize Armenians in the eyes of Turks, and that is a good thing.

Comment

Thanks.

I actually wasn't going to use this intro at all. I think after R-Mean touched on the Genocide topic, I felt like I shouldn't. Even though I had a whole song about the Genocide written and ready to record. After I heard "Open Wounds", out of respect, I didn't release it.

A lot of Armenian rappers, and yes - I rap, release tracks on the Genocide, but I just didn't release mine, for many reasons.

This track, however, isn't a song. As I said, it's just a track of audio clips to open my CD. It was a toss-up between two intro's, and this one really sents the mood for my CD. A little exclusive before a preview, the instrumental used is the "Orchestral Version" of the "Requiem for a Dream" theme.

I came across this a few years ago, and once I heard it, I fell in love with it. It totally alters my mood, from whatever I am, to sad. So after I decided to put it on the album, I thought I'd toss those audio's of the Genocide on it, to give it a better feel.

I actually just let my mother hear the rough copy of the intro and she began to cry. She had heard my Genocide track last year, and she didn't cry, she just loved it. So if she cried at the ROUGH copy of the intro track, I think I'm doing the right thing.

Comment

One-Way, I wish you the best, and please let us know if or when you release your CD

Comment

Thanks for all the love, and I'll be sure to let everyone here know when it's ready.

Comment

Peter Balakian

Comment

Working...
                    X