Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

ASALA:Was it really necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmos2
    How did you find a relation between the Pope and Asala?

Or how did you get to this conclusion? Is every one who was attacked by Mehmet A. Ağca, an Asala member.

And Ağca says: ''I shot the Pope with my own decision, no one commissioned me.''

Do you threaten me with your personal enemities? Do what you want. But before I am banned, you'll have to bear my answers.
    I don't know what's the relation, between the Pop and ASALA ... It was you who was saying that Agca was working according to orders to assasinate ASALA members ... You were saying that ASALA was their only goal ..

And saying "setteling personal enemities", I meant that the gray wolves many times had assasinated "Thier Personal Enemies" or "People they don't like" under the cover of their organization, or even sometimes blamed it on ASALA... Just like what an Azri official had admitted lately .
    I didn't mean that you are my personal enemy, or anything like that... and I have no power to ban you from this forum, for I'm not a moderator... I am a member just like yourself.. and even if I was a moderator I wouldn't ban you for speaking your opinion "respectfully" ...

And as you just said, Agca attempted to assasinate the Pop ( for a personal enemity) but I don't know what did the Pop do to him (personally) so he planned assasinating him!! What does all that have to do with the mission of the gray wolves to get rid of ASALA ... that you should ask Agca himself, why did he deviate from his mission, and brought shame on his organization!!

Comment

Was not a One Man Thing !

Originally posted by RUDO
      Do you really think that he shot the Pope with his own decision?
      If you ask me ... I don't think it was his own decision!!

I mean, it is just lame to think that an operation to assasinate "THE POP" could be planned and carried out by only one man ....

We are talking here about an INTERNATIONAL FIGURE ... not a normal person who pass by you everyday in his way to work !!!

Of course Agca was ORDERED and HELPED in his assasination attempt ... That was not a One Man Work!!

Comment

Yes you are right
        Most eveidence shows that it is the Soviet intellegience operations thru Bulgarian mafia. Soviet regime was not comfortable with Pope's activities in Poland and other catholic christian eastern block countries.

Agca spent his time in Bulgaria after escaping from Turkey.

Originally posted by maral_m79
        If you ask me ... I don't think it was his own decision!!

I mean, it is just lame to think that an operation to assasinate "THE POP" could be planned and carried out by only one man ....

We are talking here about an INTERNATIONAL FIGURE ... not a normal person who pass by you everyday in his way to work !!!

Of course Agca was ORDERED and HELPED in his assasination attempt ... That was not a One Man Work!!

Comment

It is clear that Ağca is saving some people with saying that it was by my own desicion.

Besides, I think he conciously behaves like a crazy man. He says every time ''I am a messiah.'' He most probably thinks, if he has prove his insanity, will be released from prison.

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
            If there had to be reconciliation it'll be thru healthy relations, and Asala's way was not an healthy thing. And you are talking about pressuring Turkey thru 3rd parties, and Asala did a good job by taking the attention of western world. You think Western world is supporting you, it is the other way around Gavur, they think that Armenians worth to be used to pressure Turkey. These are not healthy approaches first for Armenians and then Turkish-Armenian relations.
            TurQ, are you still talking "reconcilliation" ??
            I thought you had understood by now, that reconcilliation is not possible with denial...

As in Armenian, I can't be your friend and normalize relations with you, until you at least take the "moral step" of recognizing the Armenian Genocide !
            That is the LEAST that you can do if you want reconcilliation, and if you want to convince some Armenians to compromise !

Or else, all what you will hear from me (us) is NO... No relations, No normalization, and No to stopping the pressure of the Armenian Diaspora worldwide !
            No .. No ... No !!

Comment

Yes you are right
              Most eveidence shows that it is the Soviet intellegience operations thru Bulgarian mafia. Soviet regime was not comfortable with Pope's activities in Poland and other catholic christian eastern block countries.

Agca spent his time in Bulgaria after escaping from Turkey.
              So the Gray Wolves, were in fact KGB agents, or Bulgarian Mafia friends !!
              And all that have nothing to do with their cover-story of being an organization JUST to fight ASALA!!! how sad!

Comment

Yes I am and I will Maral

Armenians are not uniform, and I am sure you will not be thinking in same way in future.
                I am not talking about being friends. I am saying that if you wanna tell something to Turks, just do it as a friendly way, tell them what you wanna say directly to them not as an enemy. It will attract reaction, and no Turk or Turkish government ever bow down to any kind of pressure on this.
                And I think it should be obvious that normalization of the relations are more important for Armenia than Turks. Forget about the EU thing or other parliments` decision, they wont mean anything to Turkey. You'll spent more and more decades and money, torture to your own nerves, and wont pay anything believe me. I am giving you a friendly advice, and an insider info you may call. You are probably thinking that the pressure of Armenian diaspora is something, yes it is but not much. It wont ever effect Turkish foreign policy at all.

I am not saying you to give up your ideals or anything, this is part your identity and I am aware that asking to give up those is the same as asking you to give up your Armenianess.
                Anyways, If you want to tell something to Turks, the only way is to build relations with them, this is a fact and I am just stating it. Any other option will just attract reaction.

TurQ, are you still talking "reconcilliation" ??
                I thought you had understood by now, that reconcilliation is not possible with denial...

As in Armenian, I can't be your friend and normalize relations with you, until you at least take the "moral step" of recognizing the Armenian Genocide !
                That is the LEAST that you can do if you want reconcilliation, and if you want to convince some Armenians to compromise !

Or else, all what you will hear from me (us) is NO... No relations, No normalization, and No to stopping the pressure of the Armenian Diaspora worldwide !
                No .. No ... No !!

Comment

Yes I am and I will Maral

Armenians are not uniform, and I am sure you will not be thinking in same way in future.
                  I am not talking about being friends. I am saying that if you wanna tell something to Turks, just do it as a friendly way, tell them what you wanna say directly to them not as an enemy. It will attract reaction, and no Turk or Turkish government ever bow down to any kind of pressure on this.
                  And I think it should be obvious that normalization of the relations are more important for Armenia than Turks. Forget about the EU thing or other parliments` decision, they wont mean anything to Turkey. You'll spent more and more decades and money, torture to your own nerves, and wont pay anything believe me. I am giving you a friendly advice, and an insider info you may call. You are probably thinking that the pressure of Armenian diaspora is something, yes it is but not much. It wont ever effect Turkish foreign policy at all.

I am not saying you to give up your ideals or anything, this is part your identity and I am aware that asking to give up those is the same as asking you to give up your Armenianess.
                  Anyways, If you want to tell something to Turks, the only way is to build relations with them, this is a fact and I am just stating it. Any other option will just attract reaction.
                  Then as you see ... We reached a "dead end" !!
                  You said that we should "Talk Friendly" .. yet you don't!
                  We are not threatening to "deal with" you if you don't give up your stance ... Erdogan did! and he threaten even the parlimants that recognized the Armenian Genocide, not only the Armenians in the Diaspora!

TARC = Turkish Armenian Reconcilliation Commission, ended with the recognition of International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ) of the Armenian Genocide, yet the Turks left the Committe and just walked away!

So what is it that you want? Did you think that what you were asking for haven't happened before? Then take a good look at TARC ... After the conclusion was made, Turks just simply refused it and walked away!!!

IT IS A DEAD END!!!

Comment

I think what we differ is you are (I mean you not all Armenians) generalizing everythng to each and every Turkish citizen. What I was talking about is the relation between avarage people, be it cultural, or economic between companies etc etc. You have the feeling that you are dealing with Turkish state when you are even talking with a Turk.
                    If you wanna reach dead end thats fine. Erdogan's government is among the best in terms of reaching out to Armenia and Armenians. Instead of utilizing this, you are trying to find something inorder to accuse him and his government. He even wanted to speak with some Diaspora leaders. I am not saying Turkey is doing its best to reach out Armenians, but you and people like you have to start seperating average person with a govermental officer.

And please stop that Armenians are doing their best to reach Turks but barbar racist Turks refuse it. It is not the case. Around 30,000 Armenian citizens work and earn their living from Turkey. Turkish government knows this,a nd it wont be hard to block those people entering Turkey working illegal. You are forcing yourself not to see any positive things about Turks or Turkey, and everything about Turks is uniform in your eyes, Meral. Life is not black and white.

I was recommending you that if you (now I am generalizing to all Armenians) can build NGO, or civil relations with communties or societies in Turkey, you will have the chance to tell about yourselves and your agony easily. I was recommending that it will be more fruitful for you guys and be more productive comapred with spending decades of decades and millions of millions of dollars and torturing your nerves by hating what Turkey is doing.
                    Take it or leave it approach will not help you, thats what I am saying.
                    Then as you see ... We reached a "dead end" !!
                    You said that we should "Talk Friendly" .. yet you don't!
                    We are not threatening to "deal with" you if you don't give up your stance ... Erdogan did! and he threaten even the parlimants that recognized the Armenian Genocide, not only the Armenians in the Diaspora!

TARC = Turkish Armenian Reconcilliation Commission, ended with the recognition of International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ) of the Armenian Genocide, yet the Turks left the Committe and just walked away!

So what is it that you want? Did you think that what you were asking for haven't happened before? Then take a good look at TARC ... After the conclusion was made, Turks just simply refused it and walked away!!!

IT IS A DEAD END!!!

Comment

IT IS A DEAD END!!!
                      Can you please give references, I am interested to learn more.

Comment

Working...
                      X