Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Asala:demands To Stop "meaningless Negotiations With Enemy Of Centuries"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well for one thing Turkey is right now blockading Armenia, both physically and politically, negotiations can in the short term lift the blockade, even if it is only temporary.

Negotiations with Turkey will also signal Germany and Israel that the Turks are getting less pushy and that therefore the coast is clear for them to finally recognize the Armenian Genocide.

Those are three immediate benefits from negotiation, even if they fail, imagine what Armenia will get if negotiations succeed!

Turkey and Armenia will still be rivals, and like with Greece will often be openly hostile to each other, however negotiations and peace would be a much better situation then the one that exists today.

Negotiations also leads to trade, and trade leads to influence over both ordinary people and the rulling elite of any country, influence leads to understanding, understanding leads to peace, not over night but over a long period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondorian
      Well for one thing Turkey is right now blockading Armenia, both physically and politically, negotiations can in the short term lift the blockade, even if it is only temporary.
      Turkey "Did Not" offer opening boarder gate in case of negotiation...
      Turkey had closed the boarders after the Liberation of Artakh back in the 1990s, and to open the boarder gate, Turkey wants Not only "Dropping" of the Genocide claims but the withdrawal of Armenians from Karabagh !!!

That's what Turkey wants to open the boarder-gate , and THAT is an unacceptable to any Armenian !!

Negotiations with Turkey will also signal Germany and Israel that the Turks are getting less pushy and that therefore the coast is clear for them to finally recognize the Armenian Genocide..
      My friend, Germany had already RECOGNIZED the Armenian Genocide in June 2005, and even "Apologized" to the Armenian people for "It's own role in the Genocide of 1915" ...

As for Israel, I guess it will only recognize the Armenian Genocide if USA recognize it now ! If that happens, Turkey will be alone, face to face with it's dark history ... and will have no choice but to recognize the Armenian Genocide!

Those are three immediate benefits from negotiation, even if they fail, imagine what Armenia will get if negotiations succeed!

Turkey and Armenia will still be rivals, and like with Greece will often be openly hostile to each other, however negotiations and peace would be a much better situation then the one that exists today.

Negotiations also leads to trade, and trade leads to influence over both ordinary people and the rulling elite of any country, influence leads to understanding, understanding leads to peace, not over night but over a long period of time.
      Turkey must understand that Armenians are not "Begging" for it's gracous recognition of the Armenian Genocide, but "Demending Justice". Unlike Turkey, Armenians have nothing to loose, the economical situation of the RA will not be worse than now, on the contrary, it's imrpoving even if it's a slight little improvemnt. Of course if Turkey open the boarder gate, economy in RA will improve with greater rates .... But in exchange to what Turkey will allow that to happen !!!
      Turks are not idiots to open the boarder gate just because Armenians accepted to sit and talk things through !! Turkey is attacking larger nations who recognized the Armenian Genocide, do I need to remind you of Erdogan's speech in the 60th celebration of WW2 end ?
      Turkey will not let go THAT easy !!

Comment

Turkey "Did Not" offer opening boarder gate in case of negotiation...
        Turkey had closed the boarders after the Liberation of Artakh back in the 1990s, and to open the boarder gate, Turkey wants Not only "Dropping" of the Genocide claims but the withdrawal of Armenians from Karabagh !!!

That's what Turkey wants to open the boarder-gate , and THAT is an unacceptable to any Armenian !!
        I guess you are right there, it won't be that easy to get Turkey to end the blockade, however perhaps negotiations would convince them that it is in their best interests even without any of their demands being met? I agree with you though, that dropping of the Armenian Genocide and evacuations of Armenians from Karabagh is not an acceptable condition.

My friend, Germany had already RECOGNIZED the Armenian Genocide in June 2005, and even "Apologized" to the Armenian people for "It's own role in the Genocide of 1915" ...
        I guess I missed that news in June, my mistake sorry.

As for Israel, I guess it will only recognize the Armenian Genocide if USA recognize it now ! If that happens, Turkey will be alone, face to face with it's dark history ... and will have no choice but to recognize the Armenian Genocide!
        It's Chief Rabbi recognized it, so I suspect Likkud will be influenced by that since Likkud is the Bible and a Torah Party. Besides perhaps the appearance of the Turks themselves being on the road to recognition (Even if it is just an illusion) will speed up the process of recognition in Israel. You also forget that there are non Western Powers who are as against recognizing the Armenian Genocide as Turkey is.

Turkey must understand that Armenians are not "Begging" for it's gracous recognition of the Armenian Genocide, but "Demending Justice". Unlike Turkey, Armenians have nothing to loose, the economical situation of the RA will not be worse than now, on the contrary, it's imrpoving even if it's a slight little improvemnt. Of course if Turkey open the boarder gate, economy in RA will improve with greater rates .... But in exchange to what Turkey will allow that to happen !!!
        Even if Turkey continues its blockade policy I am sure the RA will still prosper. It will be like a second Israel, developing exactly the same way.

Turks are not idiots to open the boarder gate just because Armenians accepted to sit and talk things through !! Turkey is attacking larger nations who recognized the Armenian Genocide, do I need to remind you of Erdogan's speech in the 60th celebration of WW2 end ?
        Turkey will not let go THAT easy !!
        Opinions vary on the intellect of the Turkish State, but still I guess I was wrong about that point.

However my point about speeding up the process of recognizing the Armenian Genocide in Israel still stands.

Comment

Working...
        X