Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Artsakh War Chronology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artsakh War Chronology

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Again, thanks for sharing this. One point that the article makes, that has been asked over and over is this:

" Unfortunately, for unknown reasons so far the Maraga events have not been openly considered at the official level in the process of negotiations whereas the fictitiously created story of Khojalu and the hysteria around it continues to be the focus of the foreign mass media by which the imposed idea of the cruelty of the Armenians and innocence of the Azeris, the victims of the Armenian aggressors is brought to the attention of the world public. "

Why have we failed to grasp the attention of the foreign mass media and portray Azeri actions such as this, to a broad audience? Why has Azerbaijan effectively been able to take a fabricated story like Khojali and sell it to the uninformed media? These are compelling questions and issues that must be addressed. We need to take a self-critical look and try to understand what we need to do different in the present and future to be better prepared to fight and win the ongoing "information war" in Artsakh.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
      Again, thanks for sharing this. One point that the article makes, that has been asked over and over is this:

" Unfortunately, for unknown reasons so far the Maraga events have not been openly considered at the official level in the process of negotiations whereas the fictitiously created story of Khojalu and the hysteria around it continues to be the focus of the foreign mass media by which the imposed idea of the cruelty of the Armenians and innocence of the Azeris, the victims of the Armenian aggressors is brought to the attention of the world public. "

Why have we failed to grasp the attention of the foreign mass media and portray Azeri actions such as this, to a broad audience? Why has Azerbaijan effectively been able to take a fabricated story like Khojali and sell it to the uninformed media? These are compelling questions and issues that must be addressed. We need to take a self-critical look and try to understand what we need to do different in the present and future to be better prepared to fight and win the ongoing "information war" in Artsakh.
      You're welcome

There is an article by Thomas Goltz (the G. Gordon Liddy lookalike) called "Russia's Hidden Hand" written in late 1993 or 94 which essentially blames the Russian 366th regiment for Khodjali and absolves Armenian involvement. It's interestinf especially considering he was the one to "alert: the world to the events.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
        You're welcome

There is an article by Thomas Goltz (the G. Gordon Liddy lookalike) called "Russia's Hidden Hand" written in late 1993 or 94 which essentially blames the Russian 366th regiment for Khodjali and absolves Armenian involvement. It's interestinf especially considering he was the one to "alert: the world to the events.
        Any chance you could post the article or a link to it?

I don't know how much I believe that Russia has guilt in it, and I don't think I am totally convinced about any of the theories:
        "Armenia did it"
        "Azerbaijan did it"
        "Russia did it"

But I'd definately be interested in reading more...
        All I know is that there are too many unanswered questions and contradictory stories for me to believe any one theory... I think the Khojali case needs to be "re-opened" if you will, and solved so that we can move on...

Comment

Any chance you could post the article or a link to it?

I don't know how much I believe that Russia has guilt in it, and I don't think I am totally convinced about any of the theories:
          "Armenia did it"
          "Azerbaijan did it"
          "Russia did it"

But I'd definately be interested in reading more...
          All I know is that there are too many unanswered questions and contradictory stories for me to believe any one theory... I think the Khojali case needs to be "re-opened" if you will, and solved so that we can move on...

I'll try to track it down. Goltz, Thomas: Letter from Eurasia: The Hidden Russian Hand (92, Fall 1993). Foreign Policy magazine

From an Armenian I know who fought in the war, I can say that the Armenians basically had the town surrounded and were prepared to attack and warned the Azeris two days prior to go-time. But the Azeris launched a few missles into Stepanaket and it happend to hit the mess-hall where the 366th was stationed and killed a few of their officers. The 366th were infuriated and drunk, they cut thorugh the Armenian lines and smashed into Khojali.

The 366th were later transfered to Chechnya were they were involved in some other slaughters, notably in Samashki

Comment

Which "foreign mass media". You should know that foreign mass medias represent interest groups. Truly independent medias are quite poor and quite small. If Armenian actions are contrary to the interests of various major powers then Armenians will be the agressors.

Comment

Originally posted by Krokodil
              Which "foreign mass media". You should know that foreign mass medias represent interest groups. Truly independent medias are quite poor and quite small. If Armenian actions are contrary to the interests of various major powers then Armenians will be the agressors.
              You'd have to ask the author. I have read in more than one place, that Azerbaijan did a much better job in selling the story (as fabricated as it may be) to "foreign mass media", so I ask why? and what we can do to do better? thats all...

Comment

I don't really think that Azerbaijan did a much better job of anything. I think that the Armenian side knew nothing of any massacre at Khojali when Azeri started shouting about it. And I think that those "foreign medias" were interested in that story. They weren't interested in the Khojali being a fabrication.

You'd have to ask the author. I have read in more than one place, that Azerbaijan did a much better job in selling the story (as fabricated as it may be) to "foreign mass media", so I ask why? and what we can do to do better? thats all...

Comment

I don't really think that Azerbaijan did a much better job of anything. I think that the Armenian side knew nothing of any massacre at Khojali when Azeri started shouting about it. And I think that those "foreign medias" were interested in that story. They weren't interested in the Khojali being a fabrication.
                  And we should ask who's in control of the media? and who's friends with whom?

Comment

Have you read Markar Melkonian's book "My Brothers Road" about Commander Monte "Avo" Melkonian?

Its very interesting what Markar says with regard to Monte's knowledge of Khojali...

Comment

Working...
                    X