Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Heroes of Gallipoli - March 18 1915

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes of Gallipoli - March 18 1915

x
    Attached Files

This reminds me of a few years ago when a Turk called ismet continually made charges concerning Armenain treason and spying for the British in Gallipoli - saying it was the Armenians who supposedly allowed the brits to sink Ottoman ships and such. i continually pressed him for evidence - he cited Morheads book - which I had already read and it contained nothing about Armenians - yet he persisted and always said he would provide the evidence (from the British archives no less) - of course he never did. I believe I have copies of our posts if you don't believe me - don't believe the type of BS I've had to counter from certain Turks about each and every aspect of anything related to the Genocide where they attempt to justify what was done to Armenians and sidestep the issue of calling it a Genocide.

Comment

I've been to most all of the major beacheads at Gallipoli BTW and the graveyards, the museum and the trenches and monuments up on the hill - including Ataturk's "their Jonnies and our Mehmets" - don't know how many times I cried my eyes out reading the inscriptions...the accounts of all of those who would never make it home in such a senseless battle. Churchill has gotten much bad press - at the time - he got the full blame - and even now - their is a perception that this battle was "Churchill's folly" - in fact the histroical record does not at all show him to be at fault - in fact i they would have followed his (naval) initiative there is almost no doubt that Constantinople would have fallen...and perhaps hundreds of thousands of Armenian lives could have been saved and history substansially changed...

Comment

Ah yes here is one such amusing Ismet post:

OK Gentleman,

I can confirm that Armenians did inform the Allied forces of Turkeys weak naval fleet. And that troops were to be transported to Cape Helles at The Gallipoli Peninsular by the White Star Liner called "GUL DJEMAL" along with other ships.

Captain Boyle in his E14 Class Submarine did indeed sink the ship. Some time after the war the German Navy helped refloat the ship.

It then continued service, changing hands many times, well into the sixties before being scrapped.

Some historians say 3,000 died some say up to 6,000 troops died.

Ismet. The Historian
        Posted on Mar 03 2000 , 11:38 AM

Comment

hahahahaha

Undeniable evidence has just come into my hands
          by Ismet
          Armenians,

I have it and you are not going to be told of it.

Ismet

Ismet

We have been waiting for your proof of Armenians complicity in the sinking of your ill-fated transport ship. I am sure if you had any we would have been inundated with hundreds of re-posts by now. And there is also the matter of Armenian cannibalism - which you claim proof/knowledge of. Is this how we shall judge your the accuracy of your knowledge of history, hysterian? Please show us you are more than your ape self-portraits, plagiarized quotes from mythology and translations from your thesaurus.

me

Posted on Mar 05 2000 , 06:38 AM

In fact the Sunken Ship issue was dropped by me, because I think that The Young Turks should not have used this method to transport troops. Many of you already know that I don’t give a damn about The Young Turks, nor The Armenian claims.

I am a Hell Raiser, and that is all I do. Forums explode at the expense of quality posts.

I bid you farewell.

Ismet
          Posted on Mar 05 2000 , 05:06 PM

Now I am almost hoping to find that Izzy's story is true - it would have been entirely justified considering the Turkish attempts to kill off the Armenian people. But of course, it is only Izzy's farfetched fantasy.

You are also right in this - that he makes so much of such a minor incident which has little relevance to the greater issues we discuss here. Of course Izzy's historical vocabulary is a bit thin - he hasn't received many e-mail responses from those he has contacted from his National Enquirer reporter trainee's kit list of useful sources.

But he has informed me that Princess Di's butler knew someone who saw this show on the telly where they mentioned Armenian Pilaf and the Princess got so frightfully sick that day. He blames this on Armenian television repairmen. Somehow this led to the Fauklands war...but I must admit I lost the thread...perhaps he will elaborate...maybe sometime next year, he's reading the Eleusinian Mysteries you know...and has drunk quite a lot of wine...we really must forgive his boorish behavior...perhaps he will wander accross Piccadili and get hit by a truck...

The bully is the first to cry foul when he encounters one that he cannot intimidate.

You are a pathetic looser Izzy.

Turks, Greeks, Armenians alike are tired of being subjected to your BS. They laugh at you. They think that you are impertinent and foolish. They pity your feeble existence and obvious inner torment and feelings of inadequacy. They wish you ill.

Please, by all means, continue to cry that you are being wronged. This only further exposes your weakness.
          -------

To Ismet 6/1/2000

...I asked you what numbers. You ask me a question about a non-event or something that you claim I have said (what is it I really don't know what you are saying - please be more specific.)

Then, of course, in your typical fashion, in response to my asking you to prove your old claim of Armenian ship builder culpability in this ship sinking - you just give me the name of the ship - not the answer to my question (because you have no evidence to back up your claims). Well - I have told you before that I have read Moorhead's Gallipoli - and thus never questioned that indeed such a ship was sunk by a Brit sub - which in fact sank a whole bunch of Turkish vessels etc.

So where have we gotten with this (your typical run arounds)???

Winston,

I call upon all members of this forum as onlookers and judges.

I shall test your knowledge of past events with some questions regarding your false claims against the Turkish people.

I start with this;

Why does an apostate like you, lie about the NUMBERS?. And why does an idolatrous punk like you, lie about the DATES?

We do not want any incredulous replies, like "what are you talking about" remarks from you. Turks are only interested in facts, relevant facts, relating to actual events and/or incidents. Not the kind of posts you are so adroit at making like your quote below;

QUOTE: Winston to Ismet;
          we are "served" with more of the same sh*t on a platter. Slinging insults and correcting spelling do not constitute "crushing" anyone - nor do they prove anything concerning historical events. You rarely ever do anything but brag and insult. Did your mommy just buy you a new computer or something? Are you eager to show us your new parlour tricks?

Basically you are a pest, a scourge, a bother, persona non gratis, an "unclean one". So you are out to soil another forum are you? Well I suggest you practise some potty training and dump (your typical sh*t) elsewhere. I doubt that you can control your primative unsightly urges however. UNQUOTE.

Ismet

Up to some new tricks I see.....
          by Winston
          What are these numbers and dates you refer to? You must be more specific. I am not aware of what numbers or dates these might be. In fact, your question shows that you are not aware of my position concerning reported numbers and are just fishing. You must have some numbers of your own you wish to parade (though I am doubtful you have much of anything really). So if you want to debate numbers go right ahead and begin. (I just happen to have McCarthy's "Muslims & Minorities" & "Death & Exile" right here with me now) - and I can't wait for a good opportunity to expose some of his questionable methods, sources and conclusions. Are you up for it?

By the way - where is that evidence concerning Armenians who caused your precious ship to sink? It has been many months but still no promised proof? How typical.

Comment

hahaha - loving this little Gallipoli inspired tour down memory lane...

...now I wonder if I have his rants on Armenians being canibals? I did come accross a post by another Turks who was claiming there was no such person as Taner Akcam - that he was just a personlaity made up by Armenians..and then of course the following:

********I Appeal to the FORUM MASTER********

Too many people are against me and are making derogatory remarks.

You intervention is needed to gain some sort of decorum.

Regards,

Ismet

Comment

more

To all Greek-Turkish peace seekers,
              I was once banned from this Forum, but now I am back.
              You dream of a Utopian society, good luck, but like all dreams, a regulator has to guide your path.
              I am that regulator of the dreamers of Utopia. Greeks and Turks who litter the ante pages of this web site calling themselves brothers and sisters.
              Hah. lets see what is going to happen.
              I s m e t. The Historian

---

Gul Djemal.............The Sunken Ship......More info

Jul 03 2000 05:06 PM

I am just receiving more info regarding the Old White Star liner that the Armenians helped to sink with about 6,000 odd Ottoman troops aboard who all died.

Things are not looking good for the Armenians cover-up.

Stay tuned.

Ismet

---

XXX,

Piss off and let the Titans battle it out. Winston has a certain flair and eloquence that is absent from your posts. Your minuscule connotations are only worthy on the walls of public Toilets. Your Armenian issues are only worthy to be read by goated people enacting the process of defecation.

Ismet

---
              Winston,

Pontificating sonorous gestures at each other is not getting us anywhere regarding the issues we are interested in.

Let us ameliorate this unfortunate situation by cohering to an accepted protocol. I would be happy to accept your terms, should you suggest any.

I await your reply, with anticipation.

Ismet

---

I post in response to issues and discussions I find interesting and relevant. I am more than happy to post civilly (to you) if that is also the manner of your posts. I have yet to see you post thus other than concerning discussions of Greco-Roman mythology. Perhaps this is where you should concentrate because it seems to bring out your better side (IMO). While I find these discussions interesting and am familiar enough to follow (and recall) they are not my particular point of expertise or reason for posting here so I may contribute only minimally. Perhaps this is best as I find responding to you is generally a waste of my time (IMO) considering what I believe to be confrontational gamesmanship on your part and little more. Certainly if you attempt to civilly discuss issues regarding Ottoman/Turkish/Greek/Armenian mutual history etc I will attempt to respond in kind. I have my doubts concerning your ability to maintain a civil decorum however as I believe your problem is pathological. You have my sympathies – but I must oppose (what I perceive as) offensive or inaccurate posts in this regard. Otherwise I do not care to set any particular parameters for discussion.

(me)

---

Ismet
              To all Turks here.....Please boycott this and XXXXs Forum.
              by Ismet
              Let them talk amongst themselves.

---

Dear readers,
              I am busy at the moment, but I shall at least address you as thus;
              I say unto you this, and let there be no single word of lie, “May peace be upon you until I return”. For it is written that the Historian, a man who reigns over all demented scribes in forums, shall exact a heavy toll on the daft souls.
              Nauseous Greek’s of intemperate parentage, sons begot out of lasciviously wanton promiscuity by such unchaste Greek Mothers and Fathers, are the warranted misfits who shall adorn my mantelpiece as Trophies.
              Gawkish Armenians who represent lubricious Armenian parents, begot themselves out of lecherous debauchery, are also deemed to compliment the Greek keepsake upon my fireplace.
              XXXXXX, who’s materfamilias’s usurious sexual activities has brought him about upon us, and Aram reared in the literal sense in the opened sewer back-streets of Syria, where he were mounted throughout his childhood by pederast Syrian husbands, the carriers of all known venereal diseases, and one of them may have been his father, shall also experience the same fate as XXXXXX. Where upon his mother will look elsewhere to satiate her piratical desires. Or maybe she will look to his brother? Of alternate father.
              No scribe in forums, hitherto, has delivered such a plethora of abuse to addled Greeks and uncouth Armenians. Some 20,000 posts, half based on abuse, 5 years of curses have for sure eked a heavy toll on the brains of the damned.
              The current posts are evidence of the Historians success.
              XXXXXetc……I’LL BE BACK TO DEAL WITH YOU AS WELL.
              Ismet. The Historian

----

Wo, Wo, Wo....Winston, wait a minute
              by Ismet
              Winston,

I see that your keyboard and modem are working overtime.

Your dog XXXX has emerged to help you as well.

Sorry I have not responded to most of your posts, but I am breaking the will of a countryman of yours and a Greek at another forum. I will get back to you in a few hours.

Ismet

-----

**** you Winston........You are a louse
              by Ismet
              Winston,

This proves the louse that you and your kind are. You endorse XXXX to intervene in a thread I had going in attacking osManli, a Turk whom I had a disagreement with. XXXX is abetted by you to mock and impersonate us Turks in order to undermine our posts.

**** you Winston and your desire to debate. You lot are nothing but scum. Unworthy of any respect.

Ismet
              Posted on Jun 02 2000 , 03:24 PM

----

Due to the poor ability of Turkish contributions I
              have closed down this forum

Ismet
              Jul 07 2000 05:05 AM

-----

All the Turk's in here are stupid

Ismet from IP address 195.92.67.70

Jul 07 2000 07:11 AM

They make silly posts with no substance.

I am not saying that others are any better.

regards.

Ismet

---

I am out to get Winston
              September 15 2000 at 11:01 PM Ismet
              from IP address 195.92.198.73

This torrent of activity is not in the least alien to me. I am merely in pusuit of the enemy, and that is the vainglorious Winston who purports doom wherever he goes.

---
              Winston, a customary offer of friendship
              September 16 2000 at 11:46 AM Ismet
              from IP address 195.92.198.75

As a Turk, it is customary to offer friendship to the enemy once in a blue moon. After serious consideration, I have decided to use this virtue as a gesture of good will to you.

It is not mandatory for me to offer anything to you. But I would like to explore, if any, virtue that "you" may have.

The Olive Branch is in your court.

----

Winston does not even take up offers of friendship
              September 16 2000 at 11:49 AM Ismet
              from IP address 195.92.198.75

He is a sworn enemy of the Turks. I will prove to you that Winston is always the one to break a truce and wage war against Turks.

---
              CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER ME THIS QUESTION?
              June 9 2001 at 4:56 PM Ismet

Why are these Greeks and Armenians so foul mouthed with their posts. I could never dream of posting insults at anybody.

Not even to the debauched,licentious, xanthic xenophobic Greeks in here. They are the most putrid examples of adulterated filth and the most putrescent bastards under the sun

Comment

I am originally from Canakkale from a village which is right next to Troy. I still have many relatives there and my grandmother lives across the straits now very close to Gallipoli. At one private museum I went to years ago when I was a child I saw remnants of the war that still haunt me to this day. Skulls, bones, pictures, stories of comradeship among Turks and friendship between ANZAC's and Turks accompanied by pictures and bullets.... my god bullets and bullets and so many of them.... even clusters of 3-5 bullets that struck eachother in the air and probably fell before they hit someone. 1.5 must have seen them. Then you try to imagine the density, immensity of bullet fire there must have been but you cannot. My grandmother says "if you go up that hill on a rainy day you will still find bullets on the soil". When you read about Ataturk to his soldiers: "I am not ordering you to fight, I am ordering you to die" you just break into tears trying to imagine a 15 year old obeying that order. That is how intense that fight was and I like to think that that particular battle really did not have a winner or loser. Everybody lost. A whole generation of Ottomans (Turks, Armenians etc.) and ANZACS lay dead there. May they all rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by hitite
                  "I am not ordering you to fight, I am ordering you to die"
                  Certainly very powerful words. And indicative of what a visionary and leader Ataturk was and would be.

We once had just missed the ferry heading to Canakale from the Galopoli...they called the ferry back to get us! And then they served us Raki!

Comment

Turkey Commemorates Gallipoli Victory

Turkey Commemorates Gallipoli Victory
                    By Cihan, Istanbul
                    Published: Saturday, March 18, 2006
                    zaman.com

Turkey has been commemorating the 91st anniversary of the victory against the attack by allied fleets on the Dardanelles Straits during World War I.

The celebration ceremonies have been moved to enclosed areas due to the poor weather conditions.

At the ceremony in the city of Canakkale on Saturday, State Minister Besir Atalay laid a wreath at the Ataturk Statue.

For further information please visit http://www.cihannews.com

Comment

Working...
                    X