Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of Afghan Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rise of Afghan Empire

These are reasons that we think an "Afghan Empire" is necessary and is possible.

1. Afghanistan is culturally a homogenous country. In anthropology, Afghans are regarded as an Iranian people. (Note: This has nothing to do with Citizens of Iran, the neighboring country, we are talking about anthropology). The majority speak some branch of an Iranian language. Tajiks, Pashtuns and Nuristanis are the major Iranian groups. Hazaras are non-Iranian but speak dari, an Iranian language. Uzbeks are turks, but their language and culture have been deeply influenced by the Iranian culture and language. Even Uzbek grammar has been affected by Iranian language grammar rules.

2. An "Afghan Empire" is supported by the all regional powers and the Great powers outside the region. India, China and Russia and US will support an "Afghan Empire".

3. Even Iran will reluctantly support an "Afghan Empire". The reason is cultural and historical. Iran under Azeri rule has no problem in confrontation with "The Republic of Azerbaijan" despite that these ruling groups are ethnically related. Iran supports Armenia a Christian country against "The Republic of Azerbaijan" who is ethnically Azeris and related to Azeris in Iran. But Iran does not want any confrontation with Afghanistan because Afghanistan claims to the Persian heritage and history is much stronger than Iran's claims to Persian history.

3. Afghanistan can claim a historical and cultural leadership over Central Asia and it will accepted by those countries in Central Asia with no questions asked.

4. An alliance of Persians and Afghans would make it possible for Presians to remove Azeri-Turks from power and extend Afghan power into Iran. This can be done in several stages where Khorasan economy can be integrated into Afghan economy. This requires major investments by Americans in Afghanistan. That is the gradual way. The fast way would be a few declarations by Afghanistan governmetn about the Persian heritage of Afghanistan. That would create political chaos in Iran and would lead to the fall of Azeri Turk regime in Tehran. Either way Azeri Turks will lose power in Iran.

5. Afghanistan culture and traditions makes it possible to oppose any attempts to impose "Multi-Culturalism" whereby foreign forces import large number of people from some poor country into another country in order to destroy the ethnic identity of that country and enable foreign control of the country. That is no invasion of Pakistanis or Azeri Turks allowed into Afghanistan.

6. The center of this empire should be moved to Herat from Kabul as it has been in the past history. This would reorient Afghanistan from Pakistan to Khorasan and Central Asia.

7. What connects Afghanistan with Central Asia and Iran is Afghanistan has a central Asian culture which they share with Central Asia. Half of Iran has Central Asian culture. The other major culture in Iran is the Azeri Turk culture which connects it to Caucasus. There is a big difference between these two cultural areas.

The Rise of Afghan Empire
    The Rise of Afghan Empire and the Fall of Islamic Republic of Iran

An Afgan empire seems quite unlikely for the next millenia especially after the demise of the silk road. Afganis should try to build their country up again out of the rubble and unify to gain strength.

Comment

Is trial of Christian why U.S. opposed Taliban?

By Tony Perkins
      Christian Science Monitor
      WASHINGTON — Efforts by the U.S. soldiers deployed during Operation Enduring Freedom to help the Afghan people throw off the oppressive Taliban government appear not to be complete. A 41-year-old Afghan man, Abdul Rahman, is being tried for converting to Christianity 16 years ago. If found guilty by the Afghan court he faces the death penalty. The judge in the case, Ansarullah Mawlazezadah, has commented to ABC News, "We will ask 'Rahman' if he has changed his mind about being a Christian. If he has, we will forgive him, because Islam is a religion of tolerance."
      Is this what Americans have fought for in the frigid mountains of Tora Bora? Americans of all religions strongly supported Operation Enduring Freedom. The Taliban regime was an Islamic fundamentalist government that harbored al-Qaida, murdered women, oppressed its people, and blew up historic statues of Buddha. The entire world joined in condemning the Taliban. Even Europe joined us in fighting against these sponsors of terror.
      But we will have gained nothing if we allow another Islamic fundamentalist regime to arise in Kabul. This is not a minor matter. If the government of Hamid Kharzai — which is receiving billions in U.S. aid — cannot stop this travesty of justice, it will be too weak and compromised to resist the terrorists.
      Our State Department is presently wringing its hands over the fate of Abdul Rahman. "It's important . . . that the Afghan authorities conduct this trial and proceedings that lead up to it in as transparent a manner as possible," said spokesman Sean McCormack. "Freedom of worship is an important element of any democracy and these are issues as Afghan democracy matures that they are going to have to deal with increasingly."
      Where is the outrage? It's not just an "immature" democracy that is on exhibit in Afghanistan. The new Afghan Constitution incorporates the United Nations' Universal Declaration on Human Rights. That declaration's Article 18 specifically recognizes the right of all people to change their religion. Even to prepare a trial for a person who has committed this "crime" is a gross violation of that declaration, and of the new Afghan Constitution as well.
      My concern is not only for Afghanistan, but also for Iraq. We raised the issue with the State Department about similar language in the newly adopted Iraqi Constitution that granted "religious freedom" but clearly stated that new laws could not conflict with sharia law. What we are seeing in Afghanistan is that the Afghan people are indeed free to choose their religion, as long as they choose Islam.
      Religious liberty is not the icing on the cake. It's not the tree topper, nor an "element" of democracy. It is fundamental. If the Afghan people do not learn now that they cannot resolve differences of conscience by violence, by judicial murder, then they have no future as a democracy. The entire democracy project will fail. And all that President Bush has accomplished and hopes to accomplish in the Middle East will be threatened.
      Yes, I write as a Christian. But my stance would be the same if I were an adherent of a different religion. Rabbi Hillel said it well in the Talmud eons ago: "If I am not for me, who will be? But if I am only for myself, what am I?" America went to war in 1999 to protect Kosovar Muslims who were being "ethnically cleansed" by Serbs who were nominally Orthodox Christians. Most of us thought that was just.
      Who can claim it is a just war that results in re-establishing a radical Islamic fundamentalist regime in Afghanistan? And what else can you call it if Christian converts are killed, or confined to mental institutions, Soviet-style, as the Afghan authorities are now reportedly considering? For freedom to endure it must first gain a foothold, and that foothold may well depend on the fate of Abdul Rahman.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Before the 17th century, Afghanistan did not exist and it was a part of Iran.
        Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
        II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
        III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
        IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor
          Before the 17th century, Afghanistan did not exist and it was a part of Iran.
          Actually if you read history, Persia was ruled by Afghans in 17 century.

Comment

Originally posted by oslonor
            Actually if you read history, Persia was ruled by Afghans in 17 century.
            I did not say whether Afghans temporarily "ruled over" (read destroyed and plundered) Iran or not.

You display Turkish symptoms of "avoiding/changing the subject" and "projection".

I said a country called Afghanistan did not exist before the 17th century and the region was part of Iran (or under Persian rule, if you like). They still speak Persian (most of them at least) that I can perfectly understand.

Which part of my comment you do not understand?

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
            II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

I did not say whether Afghans temporarily "ruled over" (read destroyed and plundered) Iran or not.

You display Turkish symptoms of "avoiding/changing the subject" and "projection".

I said a country called Afghanistan did not exist before the 17th century and the region was part of Iran (or under Persian rule, if you like). They still speak Persian (most of them at least) that I can perfectly understand.

Which part of my comment you do not understand?
              The other name of Afghanistan is Eastern Persia. Afghanistan is not another country. It was part of Persia which separated from Persia because the Turks under Safavids dominated Persia. So Persians may always switch their loyalties depending who rule in the proper Persia. Persians in Iran have no problem to be ruled by Afghans as afghans are Persians or Iranians too. I am not sure what is your point.

Comment

The other name of Afghanistan is Eastern Persia. Afghanistan is not another country. It was part of Persia which separated from Persia because the Turks under Safavids dominated Persia. So Persians may always switch their loyalties depending who rule in the proper Persia. Persians in Iran have no problem to be ruled by Afghans as afghans are Persians or Iranians too. I am not sure what is your point.
                My point:
                Afghanistan is (was H.) not another country.
                What's your point starting this thread about an Afghan Empire?

Comment

My point:

What's your point starting this thread about an Afghan Empire?
                  An Afghan Empire will change the geopolitical situation in the region. I am not sure about the consequences. That is why it is interesting to hear different viewpoints.

Comment

Working...
                  X