Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Turks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parandzem (aka Sensei)
    Don't you know that according to our TARC crowd, kharpert, gondorian and phantom, we are supposed to accept all of this in the name of "tolerance"???
    Wow, you're annoying. Go yell "TARC" somewhere else, you parrot.

And I hope we can all have a greater understanding of Islam than blatant stereotypes. Jihad is a struggle, inward or outward, to developed the Islamic faith, and it does not necessarily denotate killing people in the name of God.

Comment

There are lots of other words that describes war or battle "harb" "Muharebe" "jedel" etc, but instead Jihad is used which simple means struggle, just one of the meaning corresponds to war.

While Prophet Muhammed(Peace be upon him) returning from the battle of Bedir, he said "we are now returning from the smaller jihan to the bigger Jihad"(Meaning the struggle within oneself.

Those people who only speak their ignorance should learn the real meanings and explanations of those concepts and then if they want they can hate Muslims or Turks. But why is the insistence for ignorance?

Orthodox religon has been saved by Turks/Ottomans. The Cathlocs were determined to wipe off Orthodox church from the surface of the earth, Sulan Fatih to Sultan Suleyman saved them from Catholic invasion. Similarly Sultan Suleyman funded and supported oppressed Protestants in 16th century, and again similarly Sultan Abdulmejid supported the catholics who were oppressed in Ireland in 19th century. During the notorious Irish famine Ottoman Sultan send ships of food to Irish Catholics. And when the Jews of Spain were oppressed and faced ethnic cleansing again Ottoman lands were the safest places for them and Sultan Beyazid-II sent ships to save them.
      I can increase these examples. You are just agonizing over the events during the breakup of Ottomans, and generalize it

Comment

Kharpert do a search on Jizya.
        Kharpert do a search on Zakat.
        Kharpert do a search on Kharaj.
        Kharpert do a search on Hudud. * In many Islamic nations women get executed for being RAPED.

This photo wasn't taken in Pakistan it was taken in the democratic western world.

Kharpert in Jihad Muslims believe that if they kill non-Muslims they are doing good. They also believe if the die during this Jihad they will go to heaven.

ISLAM VALUES DEATH MORE THAN LIFE. Which is the complete opposite of Christianity (check Proverbs 8:36 "Those who love death, hate me")

Do you want to watch a video of someone getting STONED TO DEATH? I have to warn you that it is a terrible thing to look at but of course it is sanctioned in Islam by Mohammed.

You see Kharpert in Islam it is not a crime to kill a non-Muslim (unless you call a small cash fine (blood money) a punishment. The Muslim Turks thus thought it wouldnt be a crime to kill the non-Muslim Armenians, Bulgarians, Serbs, Bulgarians, Greeks, Assyrians, Paulicians, Cypriots and so on. The Turks thought they were in the moral right for destroying countless millions of human beings just because they didnt believe in Islam.

Yes it is true not all Muslims are terrorists but in recent times all terrorists seem to be Muslims? Are all these countless Palestinians and Pakistanis blowing themselves up mistaken or wrong? They must have some good reasons to do what they are doing (The Quran). The Quran does teach good things but it also teaches us that people should be killed for little things or that MEN CAN BEAT THEIR WIVES IF THEY SUSPECT THEIR WIFE MIGHT BE DISLOYAL.

Comment

First of all, killing in the name of religion is not a foreign concept to ANY faith. Might I bring up the example of the crusades? And if you're trying to convince me that Christianity is any more peaceful than Islam you clearly have not taken a look at the Old Testament, which is full of death, killing, genocides, the whole lot. There is a lot of antiquated social commentary in the Old Testament that is very much on par with the other Abrahamic religions. So singling out Islam in those terms is simply far from fair.

As for those that think "If you kill a Christian, you go to heaven"; I would encourage you to find me a place in the Quran or any other Islamic scripture that says such a thing. Statements from fundamentalist regimes are not a reflection of Islam because anyone can pervert religion to be used as a political excuse. Again I don't see any examples in the Quran that justify "Valuing death more than life", or "Killing Christians" and religious fanatics do not constitute a proper understand or reflection of any religion.

Zakat is the same thing as tithes that Christians have always paid. Same with Kharaj. Hudud is not much different from the punishments laid out in the Bible, where adultery earns you being stoned to death. Jizya and Zakat are almost extinct now and more modern taxation forms are used.

My point is that Islam does not advocate violence any more than any other Abrahamic religion.

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
            Seriously brain damaged.
            I should show these postings to my Bulgarian friends.

Every year during the annual celebrations of the establishment of Bulgarian Church, Bulgar ORthodox church members come to Istanbul to visit the Tomb of Sultan Abdulhamid Khan(Jennet Mekan), and show their respects to him, because Bulgarian church was established and officially recognized by Sultan Abdulhamit.

Unfortunetly these guys remained in 19th century and can not move a bit inch further.
            Is this the same Sultan that massacred 200,000/300,000 Armenians and many Bulgarians?

I am aware that many Bulgarians love the Turks. But your post doesnt contradict my previous posting in anyway at all. Hitler created many jobs didnt he? does that excuse him from his role in the Holocaust? does that make his ideology acceptable?

The point is Turks+Islam=An unstoppable menace to humanity that will not rest until there is No Armenia. No Greece. No Cyprus. No Kurds. No Bulgaria and No Serbia.

Remember your instruction manual (QURAN) tells you to not take Christian or Jew as a friend. (Verse 5:51)

Comment

First decide if it is 200,000 or 300,000 how easy to play with numbers. During Badulhamit's period he appointed lots of Armenians in palace and in Ottoman government and parliment. HIs right had and ministery of treasury was an Armenian.
              First accept that you are a minority in Bulgarian society, majority of the Bulgars do not feel like you do.

If We(Turks) we menace to humanity, today you wouldnt see any Christian be living in Balkans. You are an existing contradiction to your own claim. I think 500+ years were enough to assimilate or wipe out all of the ethnic groups in Balkans.

You are just getting an excerpt from Quran and thats probably told by another person. So I am giving you another excert from the very same chapter of Quran. People of the book means Jews and Christians.

Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord, that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. But sorrow thou not over (these) people without Faith.
              005:69
              Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

I can provide you lots of other verse that contradict what you are claiming.
              First learn the religon and then make a comment on it. And one more advice, dont claim that you know our religon better than us..

Originally posted by Bulgarian
              Is this the same Sultan that massacred 200,000/300,000 Armenians and many Bulgarians?

I am aware that many Bulgarians love the Turks. But your post doesnt contradict my previous posting in anyway at all. Hitler created many jobs didnt he? does that excuse him from his role in the Holocaust? does that make his ideology acceptable?

The point is Turks+Islam=An unstoppable menace to humanity that will not rest until there is No Armenia. No Greece. No Cyprus. No Kurds. No Bulgaria and No Serbia.

Remember your instruction manual (QURAN) tells you to not take Christian or Jew as a friend. (Verse 5:51)

Comment

Quran is scripture of God, like the books that have been sent by God before.
                It is available everywhere, just read it with explanations. But you say you dont need to read it and you dont need information and your prejuidices and stereotypes are enough to make your own judgement say it that way. You are believing what you want to believe basing on no information.
                If you are interested in learning about Islam you can watch the PBS
                documentary
                From Muhammad to the great Ottoman sultans, learn more about the history of the Islamic Empire. A companion site to the PBS series Islam: Empire of Faith.

or read Karen Armstrong's books

A History of God: The 4000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity and Islam (1993)

# A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity and Islam (1994)

Islam, a Short History (2000)

Comment

Zekat means a fee or tax that a wealthy muslim should pay which corresponds to (at least)1/40 of his/her annual income.
                  Jizye means the tax that the non-muslims should pay. In Ottoman times it was 10% of annual income, which was higher than Muslims because Chistians and Jews were not olbliged with military service, in order to maintain balance there is this discrepency, but again it is alot lower than today's taxes.
                  And it was a LOT LOWER than the taxes in Europe and Russia in the very same periods. Actually up until 1750s an ordinary Christian living in Ottoman state had a lot better life than a christian living in europe or Russia.

For Hudud, if it is Hudut it means border, or limit. Other than that I dont know.

And ONE IMPORTANT point. Islam or any other religon can ONLY be learned from their own resources not by SIMPLE GOOGLE searches. I know it is clear for any intelligent person, but I wanted to remind it anyways.

Kharpert do a search on Jizya.
                  Kharpert do a search on Zakat.
                  Kharpert do a search on Kharaj.
                  Kharpert do a search on Hudud. * In many Islamic nations women get executed for being RAPED.

This photo wasn't taken in Pakistan it was taken in the democratic western world.

Kharpert in Jihad Muslims believe that if they kill non-Muslims they are doing good. They also believe if the die during this Jihad they will go to heaven.

ISLAM VALUES DEATH MORE THAN LIFE. Which is the complete opposite of Christianity (check Proverbs 8:36 "Those who love death, hate me")

Do you want to watch a video of someone getting STONED TO DEATH? I have to warn you that it is a terrible thing to look at but of course it is sanctioned in Islam by Mohammed.

You see Kharpert in Islam it is not a crime to kill a non-Muslim (unless you call a small cash fine (blood money) a punishment. The Muslim Turks thus thought it wouldnt be a crime to kill the non-Muslim Armenians, Bulgarians, Serbs, Bulgarians, Greeks, Assyrians, Paulicians, Cypriots and so on. The Turks thought they were in the moral right for destroying countless millions of human beings just because they didnt believe in Islam.

Yes it is true not all Muslims are terrorists but in recent times all terrorists seem to be Muslims? Are all these countless Palestinians and Pakistanis blowing themselves up mistaken or wrong? They must have some good reasons to do what they are doing (The Quran). The Quran does teach good things but it also teaches us that people should be killed for little things or that MEN CAN BEAT THEIR WIVES IF THEY SUSPECT THEIR WIFE MIGHT BE DISLOYAL.

Comment

You get your information from extremist sites or resources. have no idea about Islam. Yo cant know Islam better than me or any other average Muslim.

Tell me where in Islamic resources advocate for beating or executing women for being raped? It is a practice in bacwards/rural areas in only some of the Muslim countries, which is also widely existent in many other backward society.

If you like I can give you lots of examples from the ultra-religous/fundementalist Ugandan Christian militias. Mutilateing women from very reasons. Torturing virgins to remain chaste.

You still can not comprehend that you exist today becuase Turks and Muslims have saved you from Catholic invasions in 14th/15th/16th centuries. If Turks and Muslims would have not saved the Balkan orhodoxy today there would only be Russian orthodoxes nothing else. This is history, what you are telling us is just bigotry and propoganda.

Just ask yourself once again why do many Bulgarians feel different than you and you are a minority? Just think about it...

* In many Islamic nations women get executed for being RAPED.

[L.

Comment

TurQ,

Dont worry about them too much. Neither do they represent the Kurds of Turkey nor do they represent the Bulgarians of Bulgaria.

Comment

Working...
                      X