Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Turks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think u dont know any information about turkey and turkish people.each country and each people want to be a turk.each country and each people envy turkey and turkish people.because TURKEY is strong.u must know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by elendil
      That event is outside of Istanbul technical university where grey wolves clashed with PKK supporter after 40 PKK members infiltirated in Istanbul Techincal University and beat up people of opposing wievs with sticks. I know since I am a student at Istanbul Technical University. 2000 students has demostrated against PKK in ITU. I know the inside of this affair take your one-sided propaganda elswhere Kerkuk- Kurdistan. You can fool Armenians with this video, but you can not fool us.
      Funny where you all seem to have explanations just to prove your innocence.........
      Well forget it!

This was true and the Turkish students (I never knew educated students do this, I thought educated students were civilized and had respect, not hitting a man with belts and sticks with 20 people against 1)

The Turkish students were shouting: "THIS IS TURKEY"

AFP Photos showed this:
      Istanbul, TURKEY: A Kurdish student from Istanbul Technical University bleeds after he was attacked by a group of nationalist militants outside the university campus, where kurdish students were attending spring celebrations. AFP PHOTO/BULENT KILIC (Photo credit should read BULENT KILIC

As usual, the police is just standing and watching.

Here is an article in which you can read how Kurds are treated in Turkey
      http://www.kurdmedia.com/articles.asp?id=12411

Comment

• That event is outside of Istanbul technical university where grey wolves clashed with PKK supporter after 40 PKK members infiltirated in Istanbul Techincal University and beat up people of opposing wievs with sticks

It is the grey wolves that beat up the guy, not students. Read properly for God's sake. Not to mention he is not a student of ITU, they beat 5 students in ITU with 40 people and with sticks. While the lower ranks of Grey wolves are consisted of total idiots, I can not feel sorry for the guy after what he did to my people, sorry....

Comment

• Here is an article in which you can read how Kurds are treated in Turkey
          Quickly jump to other propaganda this did not work

Comment

• I just found the statement laughably hilarious. I'm not making a comment on the tolerance of Turks; I'm just accusing that quote of being taken COMPLETELY out of context.
            Originally posted by elendil
            unless their nextdoor neighbours murder them (Turk public ) with russian soldiers...
            unless organizations like hincak, tasnak kill them...
            unless their centuries-years old brothers kill them in a church with a white flag on it's door...who can guess that behind the white flag-hunged up on the door, there are their brothers have a trick and waiting with their arms...and who can guess that no Turk entering the church for agreement will not even go outside the church..."Van Katliami"
            This is not a reflection of Turkey's tolerance and does little more than chronicle several reactions or misconceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kharpert
              I just found the statement laughably hilarious. I'm not making a comment on the tolerance of Turks; I'm just accusing that quote of being taken COMPLETELY out of context.

This is not a reflection of Turkey's tolerance and does little more than chronicle several reactions or misconceptions.
              Elendil is smarter than that. I think the quote was from Wonka and probably came directly from one of his textboooks
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

• Originally posted by elendil
                Read properly for God's sake
                where kurdish students were attending spring celebrations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph
                  Elendil is smarter than that. I think the quote was from Wonka and probably came directly from one of his textboooks
                  his??
                  "I think the quote was from Wonka and probably came directly from one of his textboooks"

i found this sentence more laughly...so you think i directly take it from my textbooks this may be your way of writing but not mine
                  and i think our pretty friend must have confused our names while he was laughing...

PS:just want to remind you that we are never taught to be an Armenian enemy in our history lessons...
                  the education system about history is far more different from the one you conceive...

Comment

• Originally posted by willy_wonka
                    his??
                    "I think the quote was from Wonka and probably came directly from one of his textboooks"

i found this sentence more laughly...so you think i directly take it from my textbooks this may be your way of writing but not mine
                    and i think our pretty friend must have confused our names while he was laughing...

PS:just want to remind you that we are never taught to be an Armenian enemy in our history lessons...
                    the education system about history is far more different from the one you conceive...
                    Sure, it sounds like something reminiscent of what is taught. My wife grew up and went to school in Turkey. I'm very well aware of what they teach you, or in this case, what they don't teach you.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

• also i do know...my friends do know.i have never met a historian teacher teaching his/her students being an enemy of any nation...
                      and surely you cannot be aware of what they teach and do not as well as me as a student who is in her 15. year of education in Turkiye.

Comment

Working...
                      X