Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

if this forum is for searching truths, i want to contribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Behcet
    "Lets play cat-and-mouse and toy with "someone" for a bit first..."

Nice. This person can hardly even communicate in English and you want to play "cat and mouse"?

Have you tried reading information like that in a language you are not even 25% fluent in? It is difficult and tedious and I can guarantee you, he won't do it. He won't even understand it.

Might as well just "ban".
    Well we aren't an ESL forum sorry, this site is for the English and Armenian languages only. However, here is a site about the Genocide in the Turkish language, now there is no excuse not to go there, get some education and then come back to discuss it...

Comment

Hello someone can you read this?

YOU ARE WRONG THERE WAS A GENOCIDE. YOUR GOVERNMENT (IDARE) IS LYING (YALAN) TO YOUR WHOLE COUNTRY. YOU CAN NOT COME HERE AND SAY WE MUST LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY BECAUSE YOUR NOT THE FIRST AND YOU WONT BE THE LAST TURK TO COME HERE AND SAY WE ARE WRONG. THERE IS NOTHING TO RESEARCH UNTIL TURKEY RECOGNISES THE GENOCIDE.

WHEN TURKEY RECOGNISES THE GENOCIDE THEN OF COURSE MORE RESEARCH INTO THE GENOCIDE CAN HAPPEN. TURKEY AND ARMENIA CAN WORK TOGETHER TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GENOCIDE.

IDARE --- > YALAN

IF YOU SOMEONE WANTS TO PLUG YOUR EARS THEN YOU CAN CARRY ON WITH YOUR VIEW.

YOUR VIEW IS PROVED WRONG HERE. IF YOU REALLY WANT THE TRUTH READ THIS.

(PS. I dont know if my Turkish is correct ?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bulgarian

YOU ARE WRONG THERE WAS A GENOCIDE. YOUR GOVERNMENT (IDARE) IS LYING (YALAN) TO YOUR WHOLE COUNTRY. YOU CAN NOT COME HERE AND SAY WE MUST LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY BECAUSE YOUR NOT THE FIRST AND YOU WONT BE THE LAST TURK TO COME HERE AND SAY WE ARE WRONG. THERE IS NOTHING TO RESEARCH UNTIL TURKEY RECOGNISES THE GENOCIDE.

WHEN TURKEY RECOGNISES THE GENOCIDE THEN OF COURSE MORE RESEARCH INTO THE GENOCIDE CAN HAPPEN. TURKEY AND ARMENIA CAN WORK TOGETHER TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GENOCIDE.

IDARE --- > YALAN

You're absolutely right.

But please don't use CAPS that's really annoying. Thanks.

Comment

Im sorry. I used caps lock because I thought it will attract someones attention to the post and make it easier for him to read.

Research into the Armenian genocide is by no means complete. There is always more research that could be done. Remember east Turkey is built upon the bones of Armenians. Archaeologists and scientists could go to Turkey and do more detailed work on the Armenian genocide. However as Turkey has denied and denied and still over 90 years later still denies alot of facts of the Armenian genocide are going to be lost forever. We may never learn about the group of Armenians who were burnt in this school or in that church. We may never know about that group of Armenians who fought to the bitter end to defend their small village. Science in the 21st century is amazing you cant underestimate science - who can predict it could be posible for Armenians to bury their dead.

But as I said year passes by year without recognition and this in turn means more evidence and traces of the Armenian genocide are lost forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
            Ban "someone" now, they're already denying the Genocide - against forum rules

Lets play cat-and-mouse and toy with "someone" for a bit first...
            I think we should give this someone a chance. If by the time the poll finishes and he/she hasnt recognise the genocide then ban him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by someone
              firstly i'm not he, i'm she.
              Then you say you made all researchs about this issue.well did you asked any Turks or did you researched the ottoman archieves?? I don't think..
              Entente Powers promised you to give northeast Turkey and they are still helping you for this..How can it be a crime to refuse the genocide?If i don't believe that how can i say i believe that.If i say that ,i will say lie.This is againts the human rights!!!I'm free to say what i believe!!! Can you accept that if Turkey arrests someone who say "this is genocide"??
              You know Ive met some sick people in my time.

After 90 years Turkey could have got rid of all the achieves with evidence of the genocide?

That doesnt even matter because there are 1000s of eyewitness, loads of photos of it, loads of mass graves, etc...

Turkey cant get away with it because there 100000s of dead Armenians in the desert in north Syria. I wonder if Turkey will try and "flush" out Kurdish freedom fighters in northern Syria? Maybe they can get rid of the evidence of mass graves.

No I cant accept Turkey arresting someone who says that there was a genocide.
              No I cant accept Turkey arresting someone who insults the Turkish flag.
              No I cant accept Turkey arresting someone who insults the Turkish army.
              No I cant accept Turkey arresting someone who insults Ataturk.
              No I cant accept Turkey arresting someone for using their mother tongue on the street. (Im talk about the Kurds who cant use the "allien" letters W and X - I mean WWWWWhats up WWWWWWith that? Cant I even talk about my XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXylophone in Turkey?)

I wonder what it would be like dating a genocide denier.... ..?

Comment

Originally posted by Bulgarian

IDARE --- > YALAN

Hey lan.

Did you read this. This has 100% truth and I made it simple for you. I even had the blessing of the Armenian who is the moderator and must have had family who died in the genocide say that I am right.

Comment

Originally posted by someone
                  did you asked any Turks
                  Why yes...for instance - Taner Ackam:

OUR SELF IMAGE AND THE GENOCIDE One of the most important reasons for the tabooing of the Armenian Genocide lies in the coupling of this event with the establishment of the republic. To a certain extent, the establishment of the republic depended heavily on the genocide.

The founders of the republic knew that, and they were not averse to expressing it openly. For example, one of the leaders of the Ittihad veTerakki stated: "If we had not cleaned up the eastern provinces of Armenian militia who were cooperating with the Russians, there would have been no possibility of founding our national state." A speech was delivered in the first parliament of the young republic, the thrust of which was that we accept the label of "murderers" since it served the purpose of saving the fatherland: You know that the problem of [Armenian] deportations threw the world in an uproar and all of us were labeled murderers. We knew before this was done that world opinion would not be favorable and this would bring loathing and hatred upon us. Why have we resigned ourselves to being called murderers? Those are things that have only happened in order to secure something that is more holy and valuable than our own live at the future of the fatherland. These "brave" words that the Turkish Republic was built on the genocide of the Armenians were reflections of the enthusiasm of the years during whichthe Turkish Republic was founded. In the course of time, however, we have sketched out an entirely contrary portrayal. Our nation state "had been created from nothing and in opposition against the imperial forces," an achievement of which we could be proud.

Comment

1.5 million can you give someone links to this article. Maybe it will be easier if she sees intelligent brave and honest Turks admit the truth.

Comment

Turkish historian Halil Berktay - excerpts from interview in "Radikal" newspaper on O

"Before 1915, there were the 1880's and 1890's. In the 1890's, during the
                      reign of Abdulhamit II, there were great massacres of Armenians"

"Kurdish tribes and the Hamidiye Regiments (Hamidiye Alaylari), which were composed of Kurds, were unleashed against the Armenians."

"...time there were 1 million and 750 thousand Armenians living in
                      Eastern Anatolia. The deportation order issued by the ruling military
                      triumvirate was drawn up so as to include all the Armenians in the region,
                      without exception. These things are documented in writing. There was no
                      mention of massacres or slaughter. The provincial governors and garrison
                      commanders were directed to deport the Armenians to the region south of
                      Turkey's current borders. However, it's clear that, in addition to these
                      official orders, separate, non-written orders were given to the most
                      rapacious members of the `Teskilat-i Mahsusa' (`Special Organization'),
                      who worshipped violence and were not bound by adherence to any normal moral code."

"There was on the one hand a legal decision and implementation, and on the
                      other another mechanism entirely that proceeded in an illegal manner."

"It is clear that Bahaettin Sakir, who operated as the
                      Teskilat-i Mahsusa's man for Enver, Cemal, and Talat, set up death squads in
                      the region
                      . Some of these people were convicted criminals who were saved from the gallows and released from prison just to carry out such
                      activities.. Do you know what types of people carried out these crimes? It
                      was the equivalent of today's `Yesil', Abdullah Catli, and the Turkish
                      Hizballah organization. The whole affair is that simple and clear.
                      Bahaittin was just like today's `Yesil' or Catli. In addition to them,
                      Turkish and Kurdish tribes also attacked the convoys of Armenians being
                      deported. In addition to these actual massacres, there were the terrible
                      losses caused by the deportations carred out in appalling conditions of
                      deprivation. Everywhere in the Western world, there are photographs of these
                      incidents which we can't bear to look at. The first time I encountered
                      these visual records, I cried and could hardly breathe for several minutes.
                      They are no different from the images of the concentration camps, or the
                      massacres in Africa. For there are huge numbers of people in these
                      pictures."

"There is a huge body of eyewitness accounts and visual material concerning the Armenian incidents that never reaches the Turkish public. Turkish public opinion is essentially ignorant of what the people of Germany, England, France, and America see and read."

Comment

Working...
                      X