Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sibel Edmonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBI WHISTLEBLOWER SIBEL EDMONDS WILL NOW TELL ALL, NAME NEW NAMES
    by Brad Friedman

Huffington Post, NY
    Oct 30 2007

to Any Major Television Network That Will Let Her

Will Release the Identity of Two 'Well-Known' Congress Members Involved
    in Criminal Corruption...and Much More

The 'Most Gagged Person in U.S. History' Tells The BRAD BLOG She's
    Now Exhausted All Other Channels...

Attention CBS 60 Minutes: we've got a huge scoop for you. If you
    want it.

Remember the exclusive story you aired on Sibel Edmonds, originally on
    October 27th, 2002, when she was not allowed to tell you everything
    that she heard while serving as an FBI translator after 9/11 because
    she was gagged by the rarely-invoked "States Secret Privilege"? Well,
    she's still gagged. In fact, as the ACLU first described her,
    she's "the most gagged person in the history of the United States
    of America."

But if you'll sit down and talk with her for an unedited interview,
    she has now told The BRAD BLOG during an exclusive interview, she
    will now tell you everything she knows.

Everything she hasn't been allowed to tell since 2002, about
    the criminal penetration of the FBI where she worked, and at the
    Departments of State and Defense; everything she heard concerning
    the corruption and illegal activities of several well-known members
    of Congress; everything she's aware of concerning information omitted
    and/or covered up in relation to 9/11. All of the information gleaned
    from her time listening to and translating wire-taps made prior to
    9/11 at the FBI.

Here's a handy bullet-point list, as we ran it in March of 2006,
    for reference, of what she's now willing to tell you about.

"People say, 'why doesn't she just come forward and spill the beans?'
    I have gone all the way to the Supreme Court and was shut down, I
    went to Congress and now consider that shut down," she told The BRAD
    BLOG last week when we spoke with her for comments in relation to our
    story on former House Speaker Dennis Hastert's original attempt to
    move a resolution through the U.S. House in 2000 declaring the 1915
    massacre of 1.5 million ethnic Armenians in Turkey as "genocide."

"Here's my promise to the American Public: If anyone of the major
    networks -- ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX -- promise to air the
    entire segment, without editing, I promise to tell them everything
    that I know," about everything mentioned above, she told us.

"I can tell the American public exactly what it is, and what it is that
    they are covering up," she continued. "I'm not compromising ongoing
    investigations," Edmonds explained, because "they've all been shut
    down since." ...

Another link which gives more info!

Attention CBS 60 Minutes: we've got a huge scoop for you. If you want it. Remember the exclusive story you aired on Sibel Edmonds, originally on October 27th, 2002, when she was not allowed to tell you everything that she heard while serving as an FBI translator after 9/11 because she was gagged by the rarely-invoked "States Secret Privilege"?
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I hope that she has recorded what she knows and has secreted it away somewhere where others she trusts can get at it when she no longer is able.

Comment

Sibel Edmonds - "Kill The Messenger" - Full Documentary

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Alexandros,

Thanks. I'm watching in amazement right now.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
            Alexandros,

Thanks. I'm watching in amazement right now.
            My lord, you guys have to watch this...the whole thing.

Comment

Weekend Edition
              January 26 / 27, 2008
              Why Bush Wants to Legalize the Nuke Trade with Turkey
              Exonerating Neo-Con Crimes

By JOSHUA FRANK

According to FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds there is a vast black
              market for nukes, and certain U.S. officials have been supplying
              sensitive nuclear technology information to Turkish and Israeli
              interests through its conduits. It's a scathing allegation which was
              first published by the UK Times two weeks ago, and Edmonds' charge
              seems to be on the verge of vindication.

In likely reaction to the UK Times' report, the Bush Administration
              quietly announced on January 22 that the president would like Congress
              to approve the sale of nuclear secrets to Turkey. As with most stories
              of this magnitude, the U.S. media has put on blinders, opting to not
              report either Edmonds' story or Bush's recent announcement.

The White House Press Release claims that President Clinton signed off
              on the Turkey deal way back in 2000:

"However, immediately after signature, U.S. agencies received
              information that called into question the conclusions that had been
              drawn in the required NPAS (Nuclear Proliferation Assessment
              Statement) and the original classified annex, specifically,
              information implicating Turkish private entities in certain activities
              directly relating to nuclear proliferation. Consequently, the
              Agreement was not submitted to the Congress and the executive branch
              undertook a review of the NPAS evaluation My Administration has
              completed the NPAS review as well as an evaluation of actions taken by
              the Turkish government to address the proliferation activities of
              certain Turkish entities (once officials of the U.S. Government
              brought them to the Turkish government's attention)."

What "private entities" the press release refers to is not clear, but
              it could well include the American Turkish Council, the "entity"
              revealed in the Times' article.

The Buxxxxes seem to be covering their own exposed backsides, for the
              timing of Bush's call to sell nuke secrets to Turkey is certainly
              suspicious, if not overtly conspicuous.

It appears the White House has been spooked by Edmonds and hopes to
              absolve the U.S. officials allegedly involved in the illegal sale of
              nuclear technology to private Turkish "entities". One of those
              officials is likely Marc Grossman, the former ambassador to Turkey
              during the Clinton Administration who also served in the State
              Department from 2001-2005. Grossman has been named by Edmonds who
              claims he was directly involved in the nuclear smuggling ring that she
              says has allowed the intelligence agencies of Pakistan, Israel and
              Turkey to operate in the U.S. with impunity. Totally complicit in the
              nuke trade, the U.S. government, according to Edmonds, has known of
              the vast criminal activities of these foreign nations' presence in the
              States, which has included all sorts of illegal activities like drug
              trafficking, espionage and money laundering.

Edmonds says "several arms of the government were shielding what was
              going on" which included an entire national security apparatus
              associated with the neoconservaties who have profited by representing
              Turkish interests in Washington. As Justin Raimondo recently reported
              in Antiwar.com:

"this group includes not only Grossman, but also Paul Wolfowitz,
              chief intellectual architect of the Iraq war and ex-World Bank
              president; former deputy defense secretary for policy Douglas J.
              Feith; Feith's successor, Eric Edelman; and Richard Perle, the
              notorious uber-neocon whose unique ability to mix profiteering and
              warmongering forced him to resign his official capacity as a key
              administration adviser Edmonds draws a picture of a three-sided
              alliance consisting of Turkish, Pakistani, and Israeli agents who
              coordinated efforts to milk U.S. nuclear secrets and technology,
              funneling the intelligence stream to the black market nuclear network
              set up by the Pakistani scientist A.Q. Khan. The multi-millionaire
              Pakistani nuclear scientist then turned around and sold his nuclear
              assets to North Korea, Libya, and Iran."

Is the Bush Administration seeking to exonerate these "officials" with
              its plea to allow Turkey to obtain U.S. nuclear secrets? Besides
              Grossman, who else was involved in Edmonds' grim tale of the
              nuke-for-profit underground? As the news that U.S. officials have
              allegedly been supplying Turkey with nuclear technology begins to
              creep in to the mainstream media, the Bush team appears to be moving
              to legalize the whole shady operation.

If Congress does not block or amend Bush's legislation to sell nukes
              to Turkey within 90 days, it will become law automatically, likely
              acting retroactively to clear the alleged crimes of Marc Grossman and
              his neocon, nuke-trading friends.

Joshua Frank is co-editor of DissidentVoice.org and author of Left
              Out! How Liberals Helped Reelect George W. Bush (Common Courage Press,
              2005), and along with Jeffrey St. Clair, the editor of the forthcoming
              Red State Rebels, to be published by AK Press in June 2008.

Comment

World News
                See other World News Articles

Title: Alleged Turkish Spy Douglas xxxxerson Promoted by Air Force
                Source: Kill The Messenger Blog
                URL Source: http://sibeledmonds.blogspot.com/200...rst-scalp.html
                Published: Sep 26, 2006
                Author: Lukery/Miguel
                Post Date: 2006-09-26 08:32:35 by Sherlock
                Ping List: *Sibel Edmonds*
                42 Comments

The case of former FBI whistleblower and translator Sibel Edmonds may have taken yet another bizarre twist. NATO sources who recently viewed the Belgian broadcast of the new documentary about Edmonds' case, Kill The Messenger, have contacted the whistleblower to say that Air Force Major Douglas xxxxerson who, along with his wife, is accused by Edmonds of being involved in espionage and other illegal activities on behalf of Turkey, has received a promotion.

According to the sources, xxxxerson has been promoted from Major to Lieutenant Colonel and transferred from Belgium to Yokota Air Force Base in Japan where he is the 374th Logistics Readiness Squadron Director of Operations . A Google search appears to partially confirm Edmonds' NATO sources: a January 23, 2006 online article of the military publication Stars and Stripes identifies a Douglas xxxxerson as 374th Logistics Readiness Squadron's "acting commander", although he is still identified as a Major. It is not clear when, if ever, xxxxerson's promotion took place. If true, the incident is another piece of evidence that the Bush Administration's "war on terror" is directed principally at low-level suspects like former Guantanomo Bay translator James Yee, with higher level figures such as xxxxerson being protected and even rewarded for potentially treasonous acts. The Turkish espionage is significant in the "war on terror" because Edmonds has intimated on more than one occasion that there were significant ties between al Qaeda's financial network and Turkish groups in the years leading up to 9-11, although this information apparently has been kept under wraps by the Bush Administration in order to avoid embarrassing what is now a key U.S. ally in fighting al Qaeda guerillas in Afghanistan. Those familiar with the FBI translator case will recall that it was Douglas xxxxerson's wife, Melek Can xxxxerson, who was alleged to have mistranslated several wiretaps related to FBI targets at the Turkish Embassy and the American Turkish Council (ATC), an organization where xxxxerson had previously held an intern position. According to Edmonds, shortly after Melek xxxxerson joined the FBI as a Turkish translator, she and her husband Doug xxxxerson paid an unexpected visit one Sunday morning to the Edmonds' household and made a blatant attempt to recruit Sibel and her husband Matthew into the ATC. The recruitment attempt led to the FBI agent in charge of Turkish counterintelligence requesting Sibel Edmonds to review xxxxerson's wiretap translations, many of which upon re-translation appear to have been deliberately mistranslated in order to cover-up a major scandal: Some of the wiretaps revealed Turkish nationals boasting of payoffs to high-level U.S. officials- and the involvement of Turkey in the nuclear black market and Bin Laden-linked heroin trade.

What remains unclear is whether Doug xxxxerson is currently under investigation by the United States Air Force. In early 2002, the Air Force opened an investigation into xxxxerson based on a letter sent by Edmonds' attorneys. That initial investigation was closed down that same year. However, David Rose, who wrote the Vanity Fair article on Edmonds, "An Inconvenient Patriot", later related on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now that the Air Force investigation had been re-opened in 2005. According to Edmonds, the Air Force has never contacted her as a witness, so it is not clear whether or not the second investigation of xxxxerson is still under way. In addition to relating to Edmonds news about xxxxerson's apparent promotion, the NATO sources say xxxxerson's bosses " are the same individuals who have been protecting Douglas Feith & Richard Perle from being thoroughly investigated by the FBI." Feith and Perle, both associated with the Turkish lobbying firm International Advisors Inc. (IAI) were claimed by Brad Friedman of Bradblog.com in March of this year of having an ongoing relationship with Douglas xxxxerson. That relationship has not been independently confirmed.

Comment

World News
                  See other World News Articles

Title: Alleged Turkish Spy Douglas xxxxerson Promoted by Air Force
                  Source: Kill The Messenger Blog
                  URL Source: http://sibeledmonds.blogspot.com/200...rst-scalp.html
                  Published: Sep 26, 2006
                  Author: Lukery/Miguel
                  Post Date: 2006-09-26 08:32:35 by Sherlock
                  Ping List: *Sibel Edmonds*
                  42 Comments

The case of former FBI whistleblower and translator Sibel Edmonds may have taken yet another bizarre twist. NATO sources who recently viewed the Belgian broadcast of the new documentary about Edmonds' case, Kill The Messenger, have contacted the whistleblower to say that Air Force Major Douglas xxxxerson who, along with his wife, is accused by Edmonds of being involved in espionage and other illegal activities on behalf of Turkey, has received a promotion.

According to the sources, xxxxerson has been promoted from Major to Lieutenant Colonel and transferred from Belgium to Yokota Air Force Base in Japan where he is the 374th Logistics Readiness Squadron Director of Operations . A Google search appears to partially confirm Edmonds' NATO sources: a January 23, 2006 online article of the military publication Stars and Stripes identifies a Douglas xxxxerson as 374th Logistics Readiness Squadron's "acting commander", although he is still identified as a Major. It is not clear when, if ever, xxxxerson's promotion took place. If true, the incident is another piece of evidence that the Bush Administration's "war on terror" is directed principally at low-level suspects like former Guantanomo Bay translator James Yee, with higher level figures such as xxxxerson being protected and even rewarded for potentially treasonous acts. The Turkish espionage is significant in the "war on terror" because Edmonds has intimated on more than one occasion that there were significant ties between al Qaeda's financial network and Turkish groups in the years leading up to 9-11, although this information apparently has been kept under wraps by the Bush Administration in order to avoid embarrassing what is now a key U.S. ally in fighting al Qaeda guerillas in Afghanistan. Those familiar with the FBI translator case will recall that it was Douglas xxxxerson's wife, Melek Can xxxxerson, who was alleged to have mistranslated several wiretaps related to FBI targets at the Turkish Embassy and the American Turkish Council (ATC), an organization where xxxxerson had previously held an intern position. According to Edmonds, shortly after Melek xxxxerson joined the FBI as a Turkish translator, she and her husband Doug xxxxerson paid an unexpected visit one Sunday morning to the Edmonds' household and made a blatant attempt to recruit Sibel and her husband Matthew into the ATC. The recruitment attempt led to the FBI agent in charge of Turkish counterintelligence requesting Sibel Edmonds to review xxxxerson's wiretap translations, many of which upon re-translation appear to have been deliberately mistranslated in order to cover-up a major scandal: Some of the wiretaps revealed Turkish nationals boasting of payoffs to high-level U.S. officials- and the involvement of Turkey in the nuclear black market and Bin Laden-linked heroin trade.

What remains unclear is whether Doug xxxxerson is currently under investigation by the United States Air Force. In early 2002, the Air Force opened an investigation into xxxxerson based on a letter sent by Edmonds' attorneys. That initial investigation was closed down that same year. However, David Rose, who wrote the Vanity Fair article on Edmonds, "An Inconvenient Patriot", later related on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now that the Air Force investigation had been re-opened in 2005. According to Edmonds, the Air Force has never contacted her as a witness, so it is not clear whether or not the second investigation of xxxxerson is still under way. In addition to relating to Edmonds news about xxxxerson's apparent promotion, the NATO sources say xxxxerson's bosses " are the same individuals who have been protecting Douglas Feith & Richard Perle from being thoroughly investigated by the FBI." Feith and Perle, both associated with the Turkish lobbying firm International Advisors Inc. (IAI) were claimed by Brad Friedman of Bradblog.com in March of this year of having an ongoing relationship with Douglas xxxxerson. That relationship has not been independently confirmed.

Comment

If Congress does not block or amend Bush's legislation to sell nukes
                    to Turkey within 90 days, it will become law automatically, likely
                    acting retroactively to clear the alleged crimes of Marc Grossman and
                    his neocon, nuke-trading friends.

I watched it all last night and all that I can say is that if congress does not put a stop to Bush's recent request to sell nuclear secrets to Turkey, then I will know that The US government has been corrupted 100% and not to be trusted to any extent.

Nuclear proliferation to Turkey...scary.

Comment

There is quite a bit of (unfounded and unlikely to be completely true) speculation in the two preceeding articles - though there is certainly enough insinuation of impropriety of a serious enough nature to be cause for great concern. I'm amazed at how many times I've shaken my head in utter disbelief regarding yet another gross mistep and abuse of power by officials and associates of this current administration...the damage done by these zealots might take the course of a geological epoch to be undone. And isn't it just amazing the number and stripes of those high and mighty (and with deep contacts) that the Turks have managed to put on the payroll...

Comment

Working...
                      X