Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

German Officer and War Correspondent Talks About the Genocide in 1917

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotinko
    The main reoson of closed borders is azerbeycan you know this. But i am not knowledged in this issue, can you explain why armenia invaded azerbeycan?
    hahahahaha....first please tell me all of the reasons for Switzerland's brutal attack against Australia - how could they!

Comment

Originally posted by HAN
      By the way most Armenians were taken to the nearest station to their final destination by train.
      Beam me up scotty?

What - the transporter hasn't been invented yet...? But Han you assured us it was so.....

Comment

Originally posted by HAN
        By the way most Armenians were taken to the nearest station to their final destination by train.
        Please provide your source for this amazing revalation. I hope it was first class, I would hate to imagine my ancestors traveling to their death in coach.

Comment

For me i still think these discussions wont prevail but i will tell my opinion anyway. I want to accept armenian genocide (if there is), but first i want to believe it - i hope you understand this. And it seems very diffucult anyway without a discussion as i mentioned (like erdogans offer)....
          I agree. Nobody should accept anything as true until they are satisfied that the facts support it.

The numbers are important, first of all it was a period 2.5million turkish died. The ottoman empire was giving its life or death fight so their eyes were black... The stupid german admirer Envers plans took ottoman to their 100 years late destruction (at least the result is good now there is turkey not aliman or huseyinman). This person caused so many death including the example i have given: The 100.000 army he sent to east to realize his panturkist plans froze in the mountains. Their corpses are still there.
          So far, I agree with what you have said here.

You can never go against the fact armenians wanted their freedom, they wanted to establish great armenia, after all the destruction of ottoman came because of this. 200-500 years ago people maybe were happy, but the world changed nationalism came, ottoman as it didnt except technology also didnt accept these.
          See, now you're beginning to understand why the Armenians were targetted and exterminated. But when you're thinking about the reason why it happened, always keep in mind that there is no defense or justification for Genocide.

Now, to address your comments. There is evidence that some Armenian groups wanted an independent nation. However, the vast majority of Armenians were peasant farmers. They could care less if they were living in the Ottoman Empire or the Martian Empire, as long as they could carry on with their lives in peace and practice their own religion. These people had no plans for revolting against anyone. Keep in mind that even as second-class citizens for 500 years, Armenians were called the loyal millet. It is not in our nature to care about who rules us, as long as we are left alone and we can carry on our businesses and practice our own religeon. Have Armenians ever revolted in any country in which they lived? No, we're like sheep, and have been that way for time immemorial. Every nation has their strong points and their week points. We have not been known as fighters and conquerors. We have never been good at that sort of thing. That's why we get slaughtered every few hundred years and why even today there are only 7-8 million of us worldwide. We're good at other things, like commerce, arts, building, craftsmanship, education, and of course, keeping our religeon. So, it's not realistic to say that all Armenians wanted their freedom. Some did, but most just wanted to be left alone and carry on with their farming. That is the reality. Now, I wouldn't blame the Armenians if they wanted to revolt, given that by the end of the Ottoman Empire, they were getting massacred every decade or so. But even with all that, we were always sheep and that's why it was so easy to do to us what the Ottomans did.

All balcans got their freedom same way, russian interfere, protection of minority, massacre muslim, massacre christian. And the ottoman army fought against these.
          Yes, and the Young Turks were paranoid that the Armenians would be next. And if they were right, then that would spell big trouble, because the Armenians were spread over a large area of the main land mass of Anatolia. They were a minority in most of the towns and cities, but they were the largest group of Christians in that territory. The Young Turks, rather than limiting their defense to arresting and punishing the Tashnag and Hinchak leaders, they decided to end the Armenian problem from its root. They overreacted, but I think they did it with pleasure. It would mean that they would never have to deal with the Armenian issue again. Of course they were wrong, and now you are dealing with it. But, they did their best.

It was the same scenario the Russian greed to even reach mediterrian sea.
          There are documents in goverment archives of armenian organization in the 7 cities to create riot with the approach of russian army.
          Again, these were isolated cases that could have been easily addressed without uprooting and exterminating the entire Armenian population of the country.

So what happened they decided remove the Armenians from the region, without the russian occupiance the armenians wouldnt be able to cause harm (in ottoman empires point of view, from armenian point of view it is fighting for freedom).
          Yes, but why did they "remove" Armenians from Izmit, Sivas, Malatya, Diyarbakir, Samsun, Kayseri, Konia, Yozgat, Adana, Hadjin, even the Aegean coast community of Musa Dagh? None of those places were anywhere near the Russian border. It makes no sense unless your plan is complete ethnic extermination.

Of course they were very much aware that many deaths would occur, but death was everywhere in the country. And the main thing is for me the intention wasnt exterminating which is genocide, the intention was to protect ottoman state, they didnt want to eradicate armenians, but they accepted the deaths to come with this strategy. If historians decide this is a genocide ok.)
          I wouldn't disagree with you if they had only removed the Armenians from the Russian border towns that were susceptible to Russian attack. But they went much further than that, as I have explained above. And there is no explanation for why they would bother to remove Armenians from everywhere in the manner in which they did if they did not intend to cleanse the land of Armenians. And this fits right into the definition of Genocide.

But for me genocide means to kill armenians only because they are armenians or christian. The conditions were much different then this. Your goverment and france and europe wants to equilize with jewish jenocide, as the turkish people ofcourse we will never accept this.
          This is incorrect. First of all, you have to study the UN definition of Genocide. It's not limited to killing people for their religion or ethnic origins. It can be for any reason, such as political orientation. The main focus is that a specific group is targetted, and an attempt is made to eradicate that group in whole or in part. This happened with the Armenians. Nobody is trying to equate the Holocaust and the Genocide. That's not to say that there are many similarities, but there are differences to. All Genocides have certain characteristics that are universal, and other characteristics that differ. If you want to read a good analysis of the similarities and differences between teh Armenian Genocide and Jewish Holocaust, read Robert Melson's book "On the Origins of the Holocaust and Armenian Genocide".

Anyway i am mostly angry because armenians are pleaing to european countries to accept this event as a genocide make monuments. Did these ever apoligize for the harm they gave to humans? Did england apologize for opium wars i wonder (did they?) or france for colonization (third class human countries) they even teach the benefits of it. Or america did they ever accept they exterminated all indians.
          I agree that it's not fair that your generation has to deal with this issue. Your grandparents should have addressed it, apologized, made amends, and today we could all be living happily ever after. Do you think Armenians ultimately care whether or not Belgium accepts this crime. It is Turkey that should accept it. It is Turkey that should have monuments to commemorate the Genocide. It is Turkey that should teach its children about this crime. And because Turkey refuses to emerge from the dark ages, we have no choice but to push this agenda throughout the world in the hopes that one day Turkey is going to come around and join the rest of humanity.

Comment

Read this, ignorant idiots! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Railway
            I can't believe that I'm discussing you about these bullxxxxs. You talk as if there were many means of transportation in Turkey when you say the armenians were sent on foot. And when I say they also used trains you mock. You neither have a brain nor a soul. That's why you keep losing. I refuse to be a part of you propaganda so I'm ending this up. You can talk on your own and xxxx yourselves as you have always done.

Comment

Some were crammed into railway cars, like they did the Jews, but most were marched out with their meager possessions put on the back of a donkey. this is what happened to my mother and her family and all those they knew in Aintab. You are saying the truth, but not all of the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by HAN
                Read this, ignorant idiots! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Railway
                I can't believe that I'm discussing you about these bullxxxxs. You talk as if there were many means of transportation in Turkey when you say the armenians were sent on foot. And when I say they also used trains you mock. You neither have a brain nor a soul. That's why you keep losing. I refuse to be a part of you propaganda so I'm ending this up. You can talk on your own and xxxx yourselves as you have always done.
                You didn't say they also used trains. You said "MOST" were sent by train, as if to show what a comfortable time they had during these massacres. You need to have a thicker skin if you're going to come here to a Genocide website and try to teach us there was no Genocide. But if you can't take the truth, then see you later.

Comment

Phantom, the Armenians were a fighting nation until they came under the rule of Muslims, then they quit fighting and that's when they became the "loyal" millet. I've read it, I'll have to look it up and I'll type it out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yavrum
                    Phantom, the Armenians were a fighting nation until they came under the rule of Muslims, then they quit fighting and that's when they became the "loyal" millet. I've read it, I'll have to look it up and I'll type it out for you.
                    I've never heard of Armenians in history running around trying to conquer lands.

Comment

Working...
                    X