Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Assassination of Hrant Dink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
    "In Turkey, more than 1,200,000 Armenians were put to death for no other reason than they were Christians… . After the end of the war, some 150 Turkish war criminals were arrested and interned by the British Government on the Island of Malta. The Armenians sent a delegation to the peace conference in Versailles. They were demanding justice. Then one day, the delegation read in the newspapers that all Turkish war criminals were released. I was shocked. A nation was killed and the guilty persons were set free. Why is a man punished when he kills another man? Why is the killing of a million a lesser crime than the killing of a single individual?”

Raphael Lemkin

To all Turks who express remorse over the death of this one man I ask - when will you express remorse over the death (deliberate extermination) of our entire people and the purposefully squelching of our culture and civilization? This single death/killing (of Hrant Dink) can only be viewed in the context of the continuing effort by the Turkish people/society/government to eliminate and disenfranchise the Armenians of Anatolia. By your denials (individually, on the part of your government and as a people) you perpetuate the Armenian Genocide - you are a full and guilty partner. Your expressions of remorse for this one death ring hollow and are at their core insincere. You have no concept of our pain and no internalization of the true shame you should feel as a people. Dink was Armenian. He lived in Turkey and was a citizen of your nation - however he was no Turk. He was just another victim of Turks. So you can take your shallow expressions of remorse and solidarity and shove it as far as they will go - maybe you will shake something loose that is covering up your humanity and maybe when you can demonstrate some evidence that such a thing has occured - maybe then we can talk. Until then you are worthy of nothing but blame and despite for this murder and the fact that none of our dead or our living can rest in peace until justice prevails.

In the same vein as 1.5 million I profer Demirels remarks (Erdogans remarKs are just as hypocritica)l:

A gun shot while Demirel was talking about Mrs. Nazmiye

We were talking with Süleyman Demirel on Nazmiye Demirel, his wife. As soon as he told thank God she is fine, he set his eyes on television with the subtitle "Hrant Dink was murdered." His first reaction: "very bad. Very great provocation. It is very bad in an environment where Armenian claims are displayed in European Parliaments. The world does not search for truth. It is not occupied with the truth. What is behind that? A vulgar murder. Turkey is wanted to be encumbered with new issues. We are faced with the insults that we do not deserve. Everyone is going to speak whether he knows or not. We should be calm and patient."

Publish Date: 20.01.2007
    Link: http://english.sabah.com.tr/D65C8174...1187EBA3A.html
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

killer catch.

Comment

Originally posted by TURKIYE View Post
        killer catch.
        Until all of Turkish society and it's ignorance, nationalism and hate are caught, the killer will be on the loose...

Comment

Latest news on politics, business, lifestyle, sports and more from Turkey and the world at DailySabah.com

Comment

killer 17 age.

Comment

Originally posted by TURKIYE
              killer 17 age.
              Awful..just like that kid who killed the Catholic priest
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

My personal tribute:
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by spirit View Post
                  I know that in the 1st World War 5 million Turks were killed, I wonder if you care about them????

I'm living 100 paces from Agos Newspaper, I saw Hrant Dink nearly every morning, unfortunately I've never been introduced to him; but I assure you that he was the one who understood the Turks and Armenians more correctly than the rest of Armenians and tried to build a bridge across the to nations, HE WAS NOT AS BLIND AS MOST OF US....
                  That would be like the Koreans caring about the Japanese killed in Hiroshima during WWII or the Jews caring about the Germans killed in Dresden or the Bosnians caring about the Serbs killed in the NATO bomardments of Belgrade in 1999. What an insult. Why should Armenians care about the people who eradicated them from their homeland in Anatolia in just about every possible way?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                    That would be like the Koreans caring about the Japanese killed in Hiroshima during WWII or the Jews caring about the Germans killed in Dresden or the Bosnians caring about the Serbs killed in the NATO bomardments of Belgrade in 1999. What an insult. Why should Armenians care about the people who eradicated them from their homeland in Anatolia in just about every possible way?
                    Turkey's WW1 casualties were casualties of war, Ottoman Armenian casualties were casualties of Genocide. You want symathy, go talk to your WW1 enemies... They killed your troops and your government killed their innocent citizens...

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik View Post
                      Turkey's WW1 casualties were casualties of war, Ottoman Armenian casualties were casualties of Genocide. You want symathy, go talk to your WW1 enemies... They killed your troops and your government killed their innocent citizens...
                      Most Turks seem unable to blame the facsism and adventurism of the leadership of the CUP which got them into the war to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X