Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Assassination of Hrant Dink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jade
    And please 1.5 million, you should not let your personal feelings about Bell (not belle) interfere with your way of thinking. If you do not like her/him tell them via pm not in a way so that others can see it too...don't you think it raises unecessary tension?
    So its Ok for someone else to attempt to disparage me personally and influencing others' perceptions about me - claiming I am not "Armenian" or that Armenains shouldn't like me or that I am falsely stating my beliefs or what have you (that I am not capable of such etc)...etc but if I respond directly to address a rather inane statement (that is directly denigrating all Armenians) - claiming that there is no baisis for Armenians of today to have an emotional connection and a feeling of loss due to the Armenian Genocide(and then following this with a statement that Armenians have no special "ownership" of the Genocide - which I feel is an offensive and lacking in empathy type of statement...as well as a put down BTW - and I know this from past history with this individual) - And when I correctly counter such statements by pointing out the lack of emotional capability (or ability to understand how Armenians feel) of the person making such a baseless false and ignorant statement - it is I who am admonished? No I don't at all accept blame here. You cannot expect me to allow myself and my people to be attacked - even if it is done in such a way as to conceal the true intentions of the attacker. As it was certainly a personal attack against me and against all Armenians and neither will I let go uncountered.

Comment

• Actually, if you look at my earlier posts, the reason I started talking to Bell in the first place was to defend your usage of the word "we"...Please read that post first...Then somehow the conversation took a different route with Bell...And since I had posted a post condeming them for a similar reason, stating it your right to use the word "we", shouldn't you take this as an indication that my statement applies to both of you? That I am trying to imply that actions from both parties that would cause tension in the forum should not be hapening?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
        So its Ok for someone else to attempt to disparage me personally and influencing others' perceptions about me - claiming I am not "Armenian" or that Armenains shouldn't like me or that I am falsely stating my beliefs or what have you (that I am not capable of such etc)...etc but if I respond directly to address a rather inane statement (that is directly denigrating all Armenians) - claiming that there is no baisis for Armenians of today to have an emotional connection and a feeling of loss due to the Armenian Genocide(and then following this with a statement that Armenians have no special "ownership" of the Genocide - which I feel is an offensive and lacking in empathy type of statement...as well as a put down BTW - and I know this from past history with this individual) - And when I correctly counter such statements by pointing out the lack of emotional capability (or ability to understand how Armenians feel) of the person making such a baseless false and ignorant statement - it is I who am admonished? No I don't at all accept blame here. You cannot expect me to allow myself and my people to be attacked - even if it is done in such a way as to conceal the true intentions of the attacker. As it was certainly a personal attack against me and against all Armenians and neither will I let go uncountered.
        I agree...I felt insulted as well...Genocide has a great impact on my life as well as all Armenians I know...

Comment

• I am NOT saying you shouldn't feel insulted...It is your decision to feel whatever you may like. If this is what you understood from this, then I apologize. All I am saying is that if Bell and 1.5 million have a personal problem with each other, they should handle it personally...Not by insulting each other in a place where all other members have access...Don't you agree that it raises unnecessary tension?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade View Post
            I am NOT saying you shouldn't feel insulted...It is your decision to feel whatever you may like. If this is what you understood from this, then I apologize. All I am saying is that if Bell and 1.5 million have a personal problem with each other, they should handle it personally...Not by insulting each other in a place where all other members have access...Don't you agree that it raises unnecessary tension?
            Jade, I didn't mean you ...I didn't find your posts insulting.

Comment

• OH... The last thing I want would be to insult or anger anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade
                OH... The last thing I want would be to insult or anger anyone
                In that we you are quite different then the majority of Turks (though not all of course) who post on this site...LOL

Comment

In that we you are quite different then the majority of Turks (though not all of course) who post on this site...LOL
                  Well...I am sort of trying to show everyone that not all Turks are the same
                  But yes, I suppose I am different...Maybe because I don't live in Turkey..Who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade View Post
                    Well...I am sort of trying to show everyone that not all Turks are the same
                    But yes, I suppose I am different...Maybe because I don't live in Turkey..Who knows?
                    Its quite a mistake (often made by many Armenians) to assume that all Turks are the same. Most Armenians don't have a good feel for who Turks are as individuals or understand their culture very well (and understand how much Turks and Armenians are alike in a great many ways...though different in many as well)...living side by side and amongst one another will do that you know...

Comment

Its quite a mistake (often made by many Armenians) to assume that all Turks are the same. Most Armenians don't have a good feel for who Turks are as individuals or understand their culture very well (and understand how much Turks and Armenians are alike in a great many ways...though different in many as well)...living side by side and amongst one another will do that you know...
                      believe me I had the exact same thoughts in mind when I joined this forum...maybe I cannot ensure amicable relations between all armenians and turks worldwide but I can atleast try and learn something about Armenians from people like you and perhaps try and teach something about the Turks like me in return...cultural exchange

Comment

Working...
                      X