Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hello, I am new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I am new here

Hi, I am of Armenian descent. My Grandfather was Armenina, he married my grandma who was Irish. My birth mother gave me up for adoption when i was a baby. I am here because I have no Armenian "community" or identity. The people who raised me denied me any cultural identity. I have looked for my birth parents, but they don't want to be found.

I guess it would be nice too if someone knew my birth family or had any ideas on how to find them.

i worked in a Persian Restaurant with an Armenian husband and wife and saw their whole huge family and felt pangs of sorrow that i have been denied that.

anyway, i am also here to learn more...

thanks.

Originally posted by evelynangel View Post
    Hi, I am of Armenian descent. My Grandfather was Armenina, he married my grandma who was Irish. My birth mother gave me up for adoption when i was a baby. I am here because I have no Armenian "community" or identity. The people who raised me denied me any cultural identity. I have looked for my birth parents, but they don't want to be found.

I guess it would be nice too if someone knew my birth family or had any ideas on how to find them.

i worked in a Persian Restaurant with an Armenian husband and wife and saw their whole huge family and felt pangs of sorrow that i have been denied that.

thanks.
    Welcome Evelyn. Thank you for sharing your difficult situation. I hope we can help you to rediscover your cultural identity. Though we focus primarily on one event in our peoples profound history, we can perhaps recommend some useful reference material into Armenian history, church, culture, cuisine, etc. Seattle may include a small Armenian community.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

thanks.
      Welcome Evelyn,
      We take for grantred our families not realising how much people like yourself go through.Noone deserves that. And well,yes, as you have Armenian blood you are special to me. I will PM you and introduce you to our small but very nice community on YT. But please, post here as much as you can

Comment

Thank you!

thank you so very much Helen for the warm greetings!!! YES! be very grateful that you were raised within your culture!!! even though my heritage is mixed, my parents (mostly mother) told me I was only Irish until I was in my teens. then she eventually told me of the Armenian heritage and finally that my birth father was a Spanish citizen. but till this day she will only acknowledge the irish, like the rest is actually something to be ashamed of. i never even knew anything about Armenia till the first boy i ever kissed, who happened to be armenian (crazy huh?) told me about the genocide.

i have children of my own now and watching them grow has made me realize in awe how much nature we are versus nurture. even the Armenian couple i worked with would tell me i was "so Armenian!" but sadly i have no idea what that means.

so here i am, and i hope to learn, grow and meet people of what i am coming to understand as a very strong, beautiful and interesting culture!

thank you again Helen!

Comment

thank you so much Joseph! it is good to be here!!! I am hoping to learn LOTS! it is hard to not have a base of who you are.

thank you for a site that is very well made and has lots of info!!!

Comment

Evelyn, nice pic u have there...
            Please, check your "private messages" right hand side ...top...
            Oh, and just now they show a beautiful adv of Armenia by EuroNews...actually they have been showing the whole day two beautiful advs...

Comment

Welcome aboard Evelyn! I would love to write down a very long and welcoming introduction here but I am unbelievably overloaded with schoolwork these days...Maybe the others will explain But I still wanted to give you a welcome, it is always wonderful when new people with so many interesting stories to tell and share come and be part of this forum..I suppose it is what makes us unique, being so different, yet being same in some ways at the same time So again, WELCOME friend! I truly look forward to hearing from you! )

Comment

thank you! i am very glad to be here. you sound very busy! what are you in at school? college?

thank again for the warm welcome!!! i aim to learn a lot here!!!

Comment

thank you! i am very glad to be here. you sound very busy! what are you in at school? college?

thank again for the warm welcome!!! i aim to learn a lot here!!!
                  I'm seventeen and about to enter my last year at highschool...I want to apply to UK or US and the grades I will get at the end of the year will determine the kind of university that will accept me or make me an offer...! And the exams make up about 20% of my overall grades...So I will have to just sit down and study and study and study for the next few days... But after that I plan to take a few days off before beginning to work on my summer assignments etc. We have a very demanding school...I am a full time IB student, I don't know if you have heard of this program, but well, it eats up your entire spare time... But I still love it!

Comment

Working...
                  X