Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How to Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick_A View Post
    !.5

First let me say that I don't mention the other site so as to avoid an onslaught of Turkish propoganda. That being said, I looked in and read the reply to that masterpiece you commented so accurately on. Take a deep breath before reading this reply from a Jewish woman:

I know this stuff hurts. How cold can they get? If you want to join that site and give her hell, I couldn't blame you and as Armenian you sure have the right. You may get kicked off the site for being your normal outspoken self. Don't mention me since I'm organizing the dialogue group and want to do more than just curse out an ignorant Jewish woman.

So if you want to know where this stupidity is taking place, send me a PM or ask Joseph since I am sending him a link as well. Why should we be the only ones with an urge to vomit after reading such garbage.

Nick A, I'll post there soon. Sorry for the delays.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Please PM me the site address. BTW - I'm confused - was the original approach from a Jewish woman or the response (I thought the response was supportive - unless it was just being sarcastic). Anyway - for a Jew to adopt the "live and let live" or "why don't we just forget about the past" position is just apauling and highly hypocritical. And if this was from the Isreali forum - well I've already been banned from that form - and for being entirely reasonable - just my mentioning of the Armenian Genocide (and my saying that I would not agree not to mention or address it as I saw it as relevant etc) caused me to be banned...

Comment

I have submitted an edited version of my response on that forum.

Comment

Yes, 1.5. However, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the responses from first the politically correct mod and then from the the person you responded to.

I think you may be right. No one can be just ignorant and claim you are one who may commit the same attrocities. First the mod and then our hero:

THOTH-ENKI, as much as I like dialogue here, please apologise for the inexcusable ad hominem remarks in your posts, or I will delete them within 24 hours:

"A child who never learns is normally classified as mentally retarded. Whats your excuse?"

"we don't take direction/advice from morons"

"You obviously haven't got a clue."

"You are so off base in the foundation of your position to make it entirely laughable and irrelevant."

"I'm quite sick and tired of ignorant morons like you preaching when you have absolutly no clue what you are talking about."

"Come back to us after you have read a few books and graduated from grade school."

All of those quotes diminish your cause.

Your stance would win by playing fair. I would hope you're capable of not resorting to defamation - but you still need to prove it -- the evidence so far speaks street jargon only.

Take your chance, learn manners, be respectful.
          You have 24 hours from NOW ON...
          Apparently defending the slaughter of your family and heritage with some passion is not playing fair. It hasn't dawned on her that non-recognition is not playing.

Now of course our hero slings a politically correct shot at you. It is both instructive and fun, he believes, to experience how the great unwashed thinks and feels about their tragic loss.

Leave it Gail, its both fun and instructive.

Both claiming victim and rethorically not far short of a perpetrator if one would let him.
          Then he quickly follow it up with a post explaining if it were to be deleted. This is no dummy. Methinks I've found a very shrewd bigot.

Arrrrrgh

How could I cal YOU Gail, I mean really. THOT must be right, I'm a moron.

Please delete my previous post and take my sincere excuse for this ad-hom.

I honestly find it hard to believe that I am reading such things.

Comment

"never give up - never surrender!"

The Galaxy Quest creed

And I won't. BTW - I responded to your moron moderator (she sent me a very threatenting email beside - to clean up my act! lol - with a deadline even...)

I toured around that forum - much of interest to me - but I would be in very hot water with every post - as you might imagine. So I hold no illusion that I will last long over there...regardless...

Comment

But at least you are allowing those who can think to be able to think. That is basically what we want. Up until now I've been the only one there concerned with the Armenian Genocide so it is natural for many lurkers to think it is just one nut job. It is natural to reason that after all since the U.S and Israel deny recognition, maybe all this is an exaggeration. Now you come along and perhaps some may begin to question and consider that the Armenian Genocide may in fact be a genocide and if so, what is our responsibilty to the races including the Armenians that have lived through the attempt to have their race destroyed. Do we deny and kick it under the rug or admit it for the ugliness it is?

It may be an inconvenient question but non the less they have to get it through their heads that it is a very important question and not a play time discussion but something that touches the slaughter of families.

Frankly I liked your most recent post. I thought to say something but would rather wait to read other responses first.

The site is a bit worried about me since they know I've been consulting a Rabbi that writes for that site and he is not too happy about what I've showed him. That place needs some moral butt kicking to put all that political jargon into perspective.

Comment

I don't think I'll be long on the forum (not meaning by my choice...) - but I'll do what I can. ...its just in my blood to fight forum mods I think...they have it easy on this one...Hovik and Joseph should feel lucky indeed! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_A View Post
                  1The site is a bit worried about me since they know I've been consulting a Rabbi that writes for that site and he is not too happy about what I've showed him. That place needs some moral butt kicking to put all that political jargon into perspective.
                  I've scanned through some past threads over there on this subject. My advice would be to not lump all Jewish people as "you Jews" did this or did that - etc. (such as regarding communism in Russia for instance) I can understand the negative responses you have gotten from many Jewish posters there - regardless of the validity of your specific points (Yuri Auron stuff etc) - its just not a good idea to overgeneralize and you will quickly find yourself branded racist/anti-semitic etc - and in fact I have some sympathy to some of those who protested and made points such as "All/most Jews are not like that" or don't deny the Armenian genocide etc. I think you may have turned away some who would otherwise (at least potentially) have been sympathetic. Of course there are others who denigrate the Armenain genocide for a variety of self serving means while showing only the veneer of political corectness and politeness - I understand this as well...

Comment

I can see Hovic and Joseph reading your remark with a warm smile.

Comment

Well of course the deleted everything I posted on the thread - as well as that guys orignal comments (yes destryoing the evidence) - so anyway I just posted this over there:

Denial of the Armenian Genocide can only stem from ignorance (or racist hatred) So which is it? W whoever he is has made hateful hurtful statements and certain moderators of this forum aparently not only think that this is OK - but feel (in their obvious ignorance and insensitivity) the need to commend and agree with said statements. W know-nothing hater insinuates that Armenians should just shut up and accept the fact that the decendents of the perpetrators of a state program of mass genocide - which reduced the population of the enthno-religious Armenian community of Anatolia from 2 1/2 million people to less then 10,000 in the few short years from 1915 to 1918 - with around 1.5 million of these killed (most in the course of a few short months in 1915) and the others driven away from the ancestral lands where they lived for thousands of years - that it is OK for the sucessor state and its citizens to just deny that such things ever occured. Armenians are just not supposed to talk about such things - it is the fault of Armenians who are disturbing the peace by mentioning such things - they shoudl just forgive and forget (when the perpertrators have never admitted or apologized) and when they were never properly brought to justce. Meanwhile the sucessor nation of those who commited this holocaust- which was built directly by and upon the foundation laid by the perpetrators of said genocide and who have sheilded and continue to shield those who were responsible from proper historical accountability - and who have never reputiated them - are spending countless millions of dollars in lobbying to supress recognition of these events and are threatening, blackmailing and slandering any who might think to mention it - this is OK in your eyes - but Armenians (or others) who might get upset about such things and wish that the truth be known - are the ones who are accused of being in the wrong here. If this issue were concerning the Holocaust of Jews in WWII there would be no question that anyone who posted that Jews should just let the past be forgotten and that its only Jewish groups who are making a stir about it for no good reason - I dare say that anyone claiming such would be drummed out of this forum (and rightly so) - The only difference in regards to the Armenian Genocide is that the perpetrator nation and people don't acknowledge their historical wrongdoing - and continue to revere their Hitlers and Goerings as national heros. They never have acknowledged or apologized for their crimes and they continue to spew the same racist hate against Armenians that they used to stir up the hatred against them (BTW such racist accusations and denunciations are in direct parrallel to those used by the Nazis against the Jews) - And the Turks of today still cling to such hatred justifying their crimes and villanizing Armenians - while - like Holocaust deniers who villainize Jews - at the same time they are filled with excuses and claims that such crimes never in fact happened. If such speach is hate crime in regards to the Holocaust - why should it be any different for Armenians? If Germans continued to revere Hitler, were governed by a post-war government established by a plan of the Nazis, consisting of former nazis who just changed their party name, and who never admitted to their crimes against Jews (and others) and instead were conducting a massive campaign to supress the truth regarding the Holoucast - well just how would you expect Jews to feel? - Just how would you expect Jews to respond to some slick talker tongue twister making faulty claims about history to deny and diminish the truth about the Holocaust meanwhile blaming Jews for only trying to "pump up their family history" by mentioning the Holocaust. If you have read these words and don't call on W hatemonger to apologize for his then I truly pity you for both your ignornace and your complete lack of humanity.

Comment

Working...
                      X