Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Levon Ter Petrossian's candidacy for Arm. Pres.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levon Ter Petrossian's candidacy for Arm. Pres.

Normally I don't do this and I realize that this topic is mostly unrelated to the Armenian Genocide but I feel I must express my anger and hatred toward the waste of a carbon life form known as "Levon Ter Petrossian". He is making a big mistake re-entering Armenian politics and I sincerely hope he crawls back under his rock or wherever else he has been hiding since the Fall of '97. Armenians would be suicidal to vote for him. His regime makes the current look like kindergarten teachers.

BTW, if I ever see that criminal hood Vano Siradeghian (LTP's former goon-in-charge) in public...let's just say we are going to have a serious disagreement. I would like just 5 minutes in the cage with that murderous scum.

Before any of you make assumptions, I must tell you that I am not a member of the Dashnaktsutiun nor do I claim to know whats necessarily right for Armenia, but I can tell you what certainly is wrong, and that is Ter Petrossian.

Maybe he and Tansu Ciller can run away together and make demonic babies.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Wow Joseph - pretty harsh (for you).

Comment

Forget Metsamor, hook the power grid up to Joseph's ear lobes and give him a picture of Levon Ter Petrosyan...

Comment

I'm normally mild mannered and I do not get that upset by denialists, Turks, etc. because I normally expect their bullsh*t and have seen and heard it all but traitors are another story. LTP not only tried to sell-out the Armenians in Artsakh, he also almost lost the war through his meddling (I will explain later) and he was/is more corrupt than the current regime which as you can imagine, would make Armenian a full-fledged cleptocracy.

I always maintained during the 90's that you could switch things around and made Aliyev the leader of Armenia, LTP the leader of Georgia, and Shervardnadze the leader of Azerbaijan and it would not have mattered.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          . LTP not only tried to sell-out the Armenians in Artsakh, he also almost lost the war through his meddling (I will explain later)
          And the current encumbent isn't?
          Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          and he was/is more corrupt than the current regime which as you can imagine, would make Armenian a full-fledged cleptocracy.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post

Like I said, the current regime is corrupt but it doesn't compare to Ter-Petrossian and the ANM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post

I think that's what he was saying about the *incumbent* as well...

Comment

LEVON EFFENDI AND THE RECOGNITION OF ARMENIAN GENOCIDE
                Armen Tsaturyan

Hayots Ashkharh Daily
                Dec 11 2007
                Armenia

Trying to completely devaluate the achievement of our country in the
                issue of the recognition of Genocide in the last 10 years, during
                December 8 demonstration Levon Ter-Petrosyan came out with different
                anti-national statements and conclusions.

The principle chosen by Levon Effendi in the evaluation of Armenian
                authorities in their policy regarding the recognition of Armenian
                Genocide derives from his practical interests. Which he formulates
                in the following way: "Politics is not words but first of all
                actions and only actions." Based on this principle the ex-president
                states that, by including the issue of the recognition of Armenian
                Genocide in Armenia's foreign policy agenda the government in power:
                " can't differentiate practical politics from making announcements
                and swaggering" and periodically reach a deadlock.

It is indisputable that during his years of power Levon Ter-Petrosyan
                didn't even try "to put pressure" on Turkey and the issue of the
                recognition of Armenian genocide has never been included in the
                Foreign policy agenda.

Turkey didn't give way to Levon Ter-Petrosyan's friendly gestures
                and has always imposed new and new pre-conditions for eliminating the
                blockade. As a consequence the process of the international recognition
                of Armenian Genocide marches on the same spot, and it was during
                the power of this very government that this issue recorded decisive
                success. Those who have any knowledge about arithmetic can count the
                results and conclude that if in the first sphere the achievements of
                the former authorities are the same, in the second the present ones
                have definitely recorded indisputable and apparent results in the
                issue of the recognition of Armenian Genocide.

Trying to devaluate the achievements in this sphere as well, in his
                speech delivered in December 8 demonstration Levon Ter-Petrosyan
                advanced the idea, that by raising the issue of the recognition of
                Armenian Genocide from the UN tribune the government in power, in
                reality was trying to make heroes from themselves: " Had Kocharyan
                and Oskanyan had more serious intentions, they must have started a
                concrete process aimed at the recognition of the Genocide, by the
                protocol established under the UN charter, the result of which should
                have been the relevant resolution passed by that organization."

A question arises here - what do they call the policy of regulating
                the process of the world recognition of Armenian Genocide, if not
                increasing the votes in support of this issue, given in the UN and
                only after that making the issue a matter of discussion in the United
                Nations Organization?

Is it a secret for anyone that, to settle any issue in UN, you must
                first of all get the approval of pivotal countries such as the USA,
                France, Russia and other countries of the Security Council? The fact
                that the issue of the recognition of Armenian Genocide that has been
                adopted by Russia and has even obtained a force of all law by France
                is knocking at the doors of the US Congress and House of Commons of
                Great Britain, can't be refuted even by Levon Effendi.

What did we get from the parade of the international recognition of
                Armenian Genocide that has been recorded due to the consistent policy
                pursued by the government in power?

First: we obtained and in future will obtain new and new guarantees
                for security from the superpowers and separate countries that have
                already recognized and will recognize Armenian Genocide.

Second: It was during the recent ten years that the world really
                came to know our country and our people, and learning about our past,
                not only did they show interest and sympathy towards Armenia but also
                made the issue of reinstating the violated rights the components of
                international politics.

Third: The "power of right" achieved by Armenia in the international
                arena, became one of those factors that made our "use of force in"
                Nagorno Karabakh comprehensible for the international community."

Though even now Levon Ter-Petrosyan is trying to "naively" state
                that only if we establish "kind-friendly relations and atmosphere
                of trust" with our neighbors, will Turkey definitely recognize
                Armenian Genocide. A question arises here how is Levon Effendi going
                to establish the "kind-friendly relations and atmosphere of trust"
                with our neighbors, when for Turkey the pre-condition of friendly
                relations is our giving up the "Genocide allegations".

This means either the ex-President is so naive that he didn't manage
                to learn lessons from the failure of his policy towards Turkey,
                or most probably he is trying to mislead himself and us.

Comment

I hope nobody takes Levon's candidacy this seriously. The whole thing's a diversion - that sadly, seems to be working on some...

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik View Post
                    I hope nobody takes Levon's candidacy this seriously. The whole thing's a diversion - that sadly, seems to be working on some...
                    The other opposition parties will not support his candidacy and they will not align to support the ANM. Not that that would be unusual in Armenia but the case of Ter-Petrossian will make that possibility even more remote. Ter-Petrossian may seem like an alternative to some but he is a bad alternative. I know people that were high up in the ANM during his first term and all of them are wary of of him and want nothing more than to distance themselves from ever having been aligned with LTP and his party of post- communist apparatchiks. He had the opportunity to do good things but he failed miserably and hurt Armenia and almost lost the war with the Tatars because of his meddling. The fact that the Turks give tacit support to him only proves why Armenians should be cautious.

Comment

Working...
                    X