Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Blogowogo - wir bloggen über Lifestyle - Mode - Fashion - Beauty - Reisen - Shopping

What is it that compells people to respond in this fashion? Even the common sense attempt to get people who have suffered in the same way to unite in common casue is ridiculed as getting people to do my dirty work.

My recent struggles for passage of H res 106 has revealed both the compassion and cruelty our species is capable of.

I honestly do not even know how to respond to people like this?

Let's be honest - No Armenians have stood up to Muslim genocide against Jews. Instead, Armenians seem to be focused not really on having their genocide "recognized," but on spouting anti-Semitic rhetoric.
    Truly amazing! What can one say? I had no idea that my fight for recognition was only an attempt to spite Jews. How do people think like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_A View Post

I honestly do not even know how to respond to people like this?
      Then don't.

Fox News / Zionists / Beliefnet - they deserve each other. And it is good to have all your enemies in one place.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

What's this Beliefnet anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          Then don't.

Fox News / Zionists / Beliefnet - they deserve each other. And it is good to have all your enemies in one place.
          You are probably right but I'm newer to this and haven't been sufficiently hardened yet. A part of me still wants to believe that sincere dialogues are welcomed by a majority. But it seems that dialogue primarily serves the purpose with many for furthering agendas regardless of how obviously cold and callous.

Comment

Nick, Please choose a more fitting title to your thread here and edit it. "Why?" does nothing to tell the potential reader what topic will be discussed in the thread, so let's get it changed please... thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik View Post
              Nick, Please choose a more fitting title to your thread here and edit it. "Why?" does nothing to tell the potential reader what topic will be discussed in the thread, so let's get it changed please... thank you.
              When I click the edit button, only the text can be changed. I chose the topic "Why" simply because it is hard for me to see why people can be this way. How is it that promoting a sermon by a well known rabbi expressing the moral necessity of uniting in condemnation of genocides and genocide denial can be called anti-semitic? This is not just illogical but idiotic. It is a certain shock that awakens me to how far humanity collectively has to go.

Yes, it is true, I'd be the one stupid enough to try to understand the logic of a terrorist mentality. The trouble is that logic is restricted to justifying emotional fervor.so it is a lost cause. It is just hard to accept.

If nothing else, it demonstrates the stupidity of relying on good intentions. As usual the lady is right. Simone Weil wrote when she gave up pacifism:

"If Mr. Gandhi can protect his sister from rape through non-violent means, then I will be a pacifist." Simone Weil
              Armenians along with all others of moral balance and courage must fight for recognition of the Armenian Genocide. The abhorant cowardice I've been reading just assures more trouble from being seen as weakness.

It is just hard to understand the mindset of those who act in this way. I'm not denying that it happens but question this almost demonic motive behind it. It is as if these people do not know what genocide is much less the Armenian genocide. It's just hard to accept.

Comment

Working...
              X