Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

And the Fraud Had a Name, Azerbaijan: the Real, the Fake and the Absurd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Books and Articles:

Russian Encyclopedia, 1890s edition printed in St. Petersburg and Leipzig

Soviet Encyclopedia, printed in Moscow in 1960

Movses Kaghankatouatsi, Patmutioun Aghuanits Ashkhari (History of Aghvank), written in the 7th century AD in Grabar, Old Armenian, available online in Grabar on Armenian Digital Library
    Mikael Varandian, History of Dashnaktsoutioun, published in two volumes in Tehran, 1981; originally published in 1931

Raffi (Hagop Melik Hagopian 1835-1888), Khamsaii Melikoutiounner (in Armenian), also available in Persian, trans.: Ara Ter Stepanian, Pardis Danesh, Tehran, 2006

Pavstos Buzand, History of Armenia, written in the 5th century AD in Grabar, Old Armenian, also available in Persian, trans.: Garon Sarkissian, Nairi, Tehran, 2004

Zarevand (Zaven & Vartuhi Naalbandian), The Myth of Pan-Turanism (in Armenian), 1926, also published in Russian 1930, in English 1971, in French 1989, in Persian, Binesh/Parvin, 1990 (trans.: Mohammad Reza Zargar, from French)

Hrach Stepanian, An Introduction on Pan-Turkism (in Persian), Arax, Tehran, 2005

Soviet Armenian Encyclopedia (in 13 volumes), Yerevan, volumes published consecutively from 1974 to 1987 (several volumes were consulted)

Viscount Bryce, The Treatment of Armenians in the Ottoman Empire 1915-16, Documents presented to Viscount Grey of Fallodon, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs (documents compiled by Arnold J. Toynbee) also available online

Henry I Morgenthau, Ambassador Morgenthau's Story, Garden City New York Doubleday, Page & Company, 1918

Archives of Alik Armenian Daily, Tehran, also available online

Luigi Villari, Fire and Sword in the Caucasus, London, T. Fisher Unwin, Adelphi Terrace, 1906 (available online on armenianhouse.org)

Christopher J. Walker, Armenia, the Survival of a Nation, 1980, revised edition first published in England in 1990, Chatham, Kent, ISBN 0-415-04684-X, also available online in HTML, Word Doc., and PDF formats

N. S. Sipaan, De halve maan boven Ararat, Stubeg, Hoogezand, Nederland, 1993

Ahmad Kassravi, The Unknown Kings (in Persian), Tehran, 1956
    Ahmad Kassravi, Azari, the Ancient Language of Azarbaijan (in Persian), also available online in PDF format

Enayatollah Reza, Aran, from Ancient Times to the Beginning of Mongol Era (in Persian), Markaze Asnad va Tarikhe Diplomacy, Tehran, 2001

Enayatollah Reza, How Aran was Renamed into Azerbaijan (in Persian), available online in PDF format

Poems from Molavi (Masnavi), Nezami Ganjavi, Khaghani, mostly also available online in original Persian in HTML and PDF formats

For the ongoing policy of distorting facts on Christian population data and place name changes throughout the Ottoman era see Lusine Sahakyan’s 2007 book “The results of forceful Islamization of the Armenians in Ottoman Empire” in Armenian

Kemal Yalçin, Seninle Güler Yüregim, 2000 (in Turkish). Persian trans. from the 2003 Armenian trans. by Sedik Davitian, Siamak Book, Tehran, 2007

Theodore Karasik (Ph.D. Student, UCLA History Department), “Bakinskaia Guberniia Petroleum Industry During Early Industrialization, 1850-1880”, Summer 1997

Clifford Shack, The Armenian & Jewish Genocide Project that Eliminated the Ethnic Conflict Along the Oil Transport Route From Baku to the Suez Canal Region (available online)

Clifford Shack, The Rothschilds, Winston Churchill and the “Final Solution”, (available online)
    Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
    II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
    III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
    IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Works of Greek and Roman Historians of Antiquity Presented:

Herodotus

Patrocles

Eratosthenes

Polibi, Historiae

Strabo, Geography

Pliny, Natural Geography

Plutarch, Lives

Dionysus

Cornelius Tacitus, Historia

Ptolemy, Geography

Arrian, Anabasis Alexandri

Dio Cassius, Roman History

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
      II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Works of Islamic Scholars Presented:

Ahmad ibn Yahya Baladhuri, Futuh al Buldan (Conquests of Lands)

Abu Hanifa Ahmad ibn Dawood Dinwari, Akhbar ut Tawal

Ibn Wadih Ahmad ibn abu Ya’qub Ishaq ibn Jafar Isfahani, Tarikh Ya’qubi (Ya’qubi History), Al Buldan (Countries)

Abulqassem Ubeidullah ibn Abdullah ibn Khordadbeh, Al Masalek wal Mamalek (Roads and Countries)

Abu Jafar Muhammad ibn Jarir ibn Yazid ibn Khaled Amoli Tabari, Tarikh

Abu Abdullah Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Ishaq ibn Faqih Hamadani, Mokhtasar al Buldan (Concise Book of Lands)

Abul Hassan Ali ibn Hussein Massoudi, Muruj udh Dhahb wa Ma’aden ul Jowhar (The Meadows of Gold and the Mines of Gems), At Tanbih wal Ashraf

Abu Ishaq Ibrahim ibn Muhammad al Farsi al Istakhri, Masalek wa Mamalek (Roads and Countries), Sovar al Aqalim (Maps of Lands)

Abu Ali Ahmad ibn Omar ibn Rosteh, Al A’laq an Nafiseh

Abulqassem Muhammad ibn Hawqal, Sourat ul Ardh (The Map of the Earth)

Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Yussof Kharazmi (Khwarizmi), Mafatih ul Ulum

Sohrab (Ibn Srabion), Ajayeb ul Aqalim… (Wonders of Places…)

Anonymous, Hodud ul A’alam min al Mashreq ilal Maghreb

Shamseddin abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn abu Bakr Bana’a Shami Muqaddasi, Ahsan at Taghasim fi Ma’rifat al Aghalim
        (The Best Divisions for Knowledge of the Regions)

Abu Reyhan Muhammad ibn Ahmad Biruni, Athar ul Baghieh, Al Jamahir

Emadeddin Ismail ibn Muhammad ibn Omar Abulfada (Abul Fida), Taqwim al Buldan

Qudamah ibn Jafar Katib Baghdadi, Kitab ul Kharaj

Abu Ali Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Miskuyeh Razi, Tajarib al Umam (Experiences of Nations)

Abu Ubeid Abdullah al Bakri Qurtubi (of Cordoba), Al Massalek wal Mamalek

Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Muhammad Sharif Idrissi, Nuzhat ul Mushtaq fi Ikhtiraq al Afaq (The Delight for Who Desires to Journey through Different Horizons)

Muhammad ibn Mahmood ibn Ahmad Toosi, Aja’eb ul Makhluqat (Marvels of Creatures)

Izzeddin Ali ibn Athir, Al Kamel fit Tarikh (Complete History)

Abu Abdullah Yaqut ibn Abdullah Hamawi, Mo’jam al Buldan (Book of Countries)

Zachariah Emadeddin ibn Muhammad ibn Mahmood Qazvini, Athar al Bilad wa Akhbar al Ibad (Vestiges of Countries and Information on Men)

Zineddin Ibn Hamdollah Mostowfi Qazvini, Nuzhat ul Qulub (The Delight of Hearts)

Abu Zayd Abdurrahman ibn Muhammad ibn Khaldun

Comment

Works of 19th and 20th Century Historians Presented:

Vasili Vladimirovich Bartold, Sochineniia Moscow from 1963 to 1977

Vladimir Minorsky, Studies in Caucasian History, Articles about pan-Turkism, Atropatena

Joseph Markwart (Marquart), Die Chronologie der alttürkischen Inschriften, Leipzig, 1898, Eranshahr nach der Geographie des ps. Moses Xorenatsi, Berlin, 1901

Kamilla Vasilyevna Trever, Ocherki po istorii i kulture Kavkazkoi Albanii,… Moscow – Leningrad 1959

Igor Mikhailovich Diakonov, Istoriia Midii…, Moscow – Leningrad 1956

Nina Viktorovna Pigulevskaia (Pigulevskaya), Siriiskie istochniki VI v. o narodakh Kavkaza, V.D.I. N° 1, 1939, Siriiskie istochnik po istorii SSSR, Moscow – Leningrad 1941, Goroda Irana v rannem srednevekovie, Moscow – Leningrad 1956

Abbasghuli Agha Bakikhanov, Golestan e Eram

Mirza Jamal Javanshir Qarabaghi, Tarikh-e Qarabagh (History of Karabakh)

Igrar Aliev (Aliyev), Voprosi istorii Kavkazkoi Albanii, Baku, 1962, Ocherk istorii Atropateni, Baku, 1989

Comment

From the Trashcan:

Abulfazl Elçibay, Bu manin taleyimdir, Baku, 1992

Academy of Sciences of the Soviet Republic of “Azerbaijan”, History of Azerbaijan, Baku, 1958

Thomas Goltz, Letter from Eurasia: The Hidden Russian Hand, Foreign Policy, No. 92 (autumn, 1993), pp. 92-116
            doi:10.2307/1149147

Nourida Ateshi, Nizami Gencevi ist unsere geistig-moralische Legitimation. Available online on Potsdam University website in PDF format

“International” Crisis Group report on Artsakh, 11 October 2005, http://www.crisisgroup.org/home/index.cfm?id=3740

Emma Bonino’s Turchia page

Note: the otherwise very interesting article presented below appears in the trashcan section solely because of the regurgitation of fables of “Northern Azerbaijan/Southern Azerbaijan”, 20% one million lies, and snow job of the sort:

Ilya Bourtman, Israel and Azerbaijan's Furtive Embrace, Middle East Quarterly, Summer 2006
            Israel and Azerbaijan's Furtive Embrace :: Middle East Quarterly

Comment

Thanks Hellektor
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Hellektor, congratulations on a prodigious post. probably the best I've read here. Thank you!

Comment

I still prefer the spelling as azer,bad jan. though.

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
                    Hellektor, congratulations on a prodigious post. probably the best I've read here. Thank you!
                    You certainly mean more than one post! The goddamn thing makes 227 MS Word pages with images and all, and took over a year and a half (working off and on) to compile! Thanks for the very kind words though.

Originally posted by steph View Post
                    I still prefer the spelling as azer,bad jan. though.
                    I usually write "Azerbaijan" (with quotes) when talking about the fake and Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) when talking about the real.

The thread title is a compromise where I desecrate my own rules, typing without quotes and with e. While it's really painful for me to do, I do this for search engines since the majority of people who search for something about the subject (in English of course) type that way and probably don't even know a real Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) exists.

For the counterfeited nonentity you may also use:

Azerbaboonistan (popular),
                    Azerbatiljan (Gavur),
                    Azerbadenjan,
                    Azerabsurdistan (Joseph),
                    Azgarbageland,
                    Ar-ar-bray-ajan,
                    Tatarbaijan,
                    Tatar Occupied Armenian Territories,
                    Invaded Aghvank and Armenia,
                    etc., etc., etc.

Comment

And the Fraud Had a Name, PDF

Here's the PDF version:

And the Fraud Had a Name, Azerbaijan: the Real the Fake and the Absurd (3.2 MB)

Since on this sort of file hosting they delete the files after a while, I'm still looking for a website (preferably an Armenian site) where I can store this file permanently (as long as the site exists).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X