Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and Armenian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and Armenian Genocide

I know most of Armenians don't like Ataturk. I really wonder why. Do you think that Ataturk is somehow responsible for the genocide or you just insult him to make these "uncivilized barbarians"(ahah) angry?

"Yeah I hate him because he killed 187986511 Armenians, he was also gay. F*ck him."

any realible sources? no bullxxxx links or copy/paste please.

You don't like him? That's ok. You want to insult him? That's ok, too. But at least don't insult him on youtube. See, we're having a hard time finding NBA highlights when youtube is banned.

let's finish with an excellent quote: "If I weren't an atheist I'd think Ataturk was god."

greetings from Istanbul. (barbarian, level 70, ITU.)

MthT ,
    you can read : Los angeles Examiner 1926 :
    le siège du patriarcat orthodoxe d´istanbul a été la cible le 7 octobre d´un attentat à la bombe, qui n´a provoqué que des dég...

Comment

I've already read that one. According to that article, Ataturk admits the genocide.

What I'm asking is whether Armenians think Ataturk is responsible for the genocide.

Comment

I think Ataturk is at least partially responsible. He led the Turkish War of Independence, ie. the War of Rapacious Turkish Expansion, until 1923. This included exiling and murdering all non-Turks in those territories that had belonged to Imperial Russia, and actually had an Armenian Majority, these include Kars, and Igdir. Thus, qualitatively, the Actions of Kemal, through his direction of Karabekir, are the same as those of Talat, and Enver.

Comment

Ataturk

Didn't he also start the Turkish-Armenian war or helped in it, which I think they aimed to take most of Armenia for Turkey and conquer the Russian/Persian held areas as well.

Anyway he helped start this Penal Code thing of insulting Turkishness and he did xxxx over the Kurds and stole half of Armenia with the Lausanne Treaty.

So he won't get the Carebare awards for Most Friendliest leader by me anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by mthT View Post
            I've already read that one. According to that article, Ataturk admits the genocide.

What I'm asking is whether Armenians think Ataturk is responsible for the genocide.
            Piss all over the world, peace in your toilet. Mustafa Hammal Cacaturk
            Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
            II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
            III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
            IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Below is a link to a very interesting article regarding Ataturk, Armenian Genocide, etc.

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Ataturk had absolutely nothing to do with the Armenian Genocide. Those who planned for the extermination were the young Turk Turanists. These Turanists are the predecessors to the modern day MHP and Grey Wolves. When Ataturk came to power, he expelled the Turanists and created a nation-state (in which everyone should be eternally grateful) that separated Turkey both from Islam and Turanism.

Kemalism initally had many Armenian supporters in the Turkish republic. Many Armenians had no qualms with Turkifiying their surnames, as it expressed their loyalty to the Turkish state. Why would Armenians such as Agop Dilacar (first president of the TDK, Turkish language association) and Berch Keresteciyan Turker (Armenian who saved Ataturk's life) express loyalty to Ataturk if he had anything to do with the Armenian Genocide? These Armenians understood the Ataturk represented a positive change from the Turanist young Turks.

This is a man who was nominated for the noble peace prize by his Greek counterpart, Eleftherios Venizelos. Think about that, even after years of war between Greeks and Turks, even Venizelous understood the peaceful intentions of Ataturk.

It is detestable that Armenian and Greek historical revisionism has painted Ataturk into a murderer and even as the architect of the Armenian Genocide.

Comment

Ataturk was busy fighting the Russians while the Young Turks were carrying out their handy work. In fact Ataturk did not approve of the Young Turks ideology and their desire to reform and keep power for themselves.
                  He was way ahead of his time with his democratic outlook and separation of church and state, just to name a few. A true hero of Turkey, too bad all his hard work and concepts cannot be realized by Turks. Even today his message is misunderstood, taken out of reality, and carried forward recklessly. He was however an adversary warrior to be respected by us, and ironically we understood him more than Turks themselves.
                  Ataturk is doing snap rolls in his grave seeing what is happening inside Turkish state right now. Turkish blindness is effecting Turks more than anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by egeli
                    Ataturk had absolutely nothing to do with the Armenian Genocide. Those who planned for the extermination were the young Turk Turanists. These Turanists are the predecessors to the modern day MHP and Grey Wolves. When Ataturk came to power, he expelled the Turanists and created a nation-state (in which everyone should be eternally grateful) that separated Turkey both from Islam and Turanism.

Kemalism initally had many Armenian supporters in the Turkish republic. Many Armenians had no qualms with Turkifiying their surnames, as it expressed their loyalty to the Turkish state. Why would Armenians such as Agop Dilacar (first president of the TDK, Turkish language association) and Berch Keresteciyan Turker (Armenian who saved Ataturk's life) express loyalty to Ataturk if he had anything to do with the Armenian Genocide? These Armenians understood the Ataturk represented a positive change from the Turanist young Turks.

This is a man who was nominated for the noble peace prize by his Greek counterpart, Eleftherios Venizelos. Think about that, even after years of war between Greeks and Turks, even Venizelous understood the peaceful intentions of Ataturk.

It is detestable that Armenian and Greek historical revisionism has painted Ataturk into a murderer and even as the architect of the Armenian Genocide.

Ataturk did not plan the genocide but felt it was necessary all the same. Some of the instigators were admonished by him but many were protected under his regime. Under his leadership the killings continued in the 20's. He sent Karabekir to do his dirty work when he invaded Armenia. Akcam's latest book has a lot of research that explains his complicated thinking behind the slaughter and not much of it is positive. As far as Armenian individuals serving Ataturk, they didn't really have much choice and many Armenians in Turkey were pressured to Turkify which is why many have Turkish names or have subsequently become completely Turkified.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X