Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Arm girls and turks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm girls and turks...

Hello to everybody again, I want to speak to you on such topic...
    Recently I have come from one city in Ukraine. And there in the airport, there were 3 flights...one of the was to STAMBUL. My flight was to Moscow and I was alone! So 3 turks wanted to get acquainted with me! After they said HELLO BEAUTIFUL GIRL, WHAT`s UR NAME, the Only thing I said it was I AM ARMENIAN... and in reality it was so funny! they just changed in their face! And say nothing! I was so angry! I was standing there and thought that THEIR Grandparents killed mine! But I could do nothing!

That was a little story...

But the main question is... what about arm girls and turks who ARE together? Are these arm girls really armenians? From my point of view they are betrayers!!!!

Oh no

Asto Jan, you are wrong. We the Armenians are very much different than other races and nations. I cannot speak for every Armenian but if you have even a little bit of Armenian blood in you (Ex: Grandpa was Hai) we consider you one of our own. We are not Arabs, Persians, or Jews and we will never turn you away. However we do marry within our race as much as possible but we "the people of the book" do not discriminate like that, in reality we embrace them with open arms even with Turkish background. You as an Armenian should do the same because we are better than that. I have seen this and I tell you once you get a little Armenian blood in you, it is all over. Ever seen a black Armenian? It is amazing, they act talk walk spit just like us. weerd but cool.

Comment

This unfortunate event is just a sign of how we educate our nation. It will take time maybe a generation must pass after relations are normalized. But I have a dream one day Turkish and Armenian nations will be as close as they were once.

Comment

" I cannot speak for every Armenian but if you have even a little bit of Armenian blood in you (Ex: Grandpa was Hai) we consider you one of our own."

If that is the case, you should accept Turks as Armenian. Centuries of Ottoman Rule led to the conversion of millions of indigenous Christian Anatolian to Islam. I mean, why else would eastern Anatolian / Caucasus Turks look so similar to Armenians?

Tell me if i am wrong, but the Armenian Orthodox Christian faith is one of the defining characteristics of being Armenian. As it so happens, the inhabitants of the Ottoman Empire were solely identified by religion. So once an Armenian converted to Islam, they were rejected by the Ottoman Armenian community, but accepted into the ethnic hodgepodge of Ottoman Muslims. All Anatolian Muslims at the collapse of the Ottoman Empire underwent forced Turkification (the only muslim group to reject it were Kurds, who formed their own ethnic nationalism).

I am sorry if it makes you uncomfortable to think that there are Turks with Armenian blood. Personally, i absolutely detest ethnic nationalism because it is inherently racist. There will be no peace between Turks and Armenians as long as MHP/Tashnak mentality thrives.

Comment

Egeli, you said “If that is the case, you should accept Turks as Armenian. Centuries of Ottoman Rule led to the conversion of millions of indigenous Christian Anatolian to Islam. I mean, why else would eastern Anatolian / Caucasus Turks look so similar to Armenians?”
          Well, first we are not the ones who have such racist ideologies like their article 301. Our lives do not evolve around something like “Turkishness” and we do not have a definition of ourselves similar to a “Good Turk”. In fact, like I have said before (speaking for myself), I do not have a problem with everyday Turks and I look forward to mending relations. My problem is with their criminal government, the Egrenkons, their Islamic Fanatics, Turkish Fascism and such. Those are the real Turks. Those are the ones that will welcome you in with open arms and then at night cut your throat. Armenians don't like Turks because of what they did to them, not because they are Turks or Muslims. Turks don't like Armenians simply because they are Armenians.
          I think you are right when you say “the Armenian Orthodox Christian faith is one of the defining characteristics of being Armenian”. And as far as Armenians rejecting their own in Ottoman Empire after they were converted by force or voluntarily I don’t know. All I know is from my own experience living in Armenian communities in my lifetime. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer.
          BTW, Asto’s reaction to those Turks is very natural for an Armenian, the crimes against us has been so brutal and severe that Mother Nature has put in a defense mechanism in our DNA, I kid you not; You have to feel it to know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Edoman
            Asto Jan, you are wrong. We the Armenians are very much different than other races and nations. I cannot speak for every Armenian but if you have even a little bit of Armenian blood in you (Ex: Grandpa was Hai) we consider you one of our own.
            You most certainly don't speak for most Armenians with that kind of mentality. Hop on some other Armenian sites, and see the responses 1/2 or 1/4 Armenians get.

However we do marry within our race as much as possible but we "the people of the book" do not discriminate like that, in reality we embrace them with open arms even with Turkish background.
            Yes. Because embracing Turks, Russians, French, Brits, etc. with open arms did so much for us in the past.

Ever seen a black Armenian? It is amazing, they act talk walk spit just like us.
            No. It only LOOKS like they act, talk and walk like Armenians because so many Armenians are busy acting, talking and walking like "gangsta' niggas, bro" (hell, they even call each other "nigger").

There is a difference between racism, and self-preservation. If we keep welcoming with open arms those that seek to harm us in one way or another, than perhaps we deserve what follows.

Originally posted by egeli View Post
            There will be no peace between Turks and Armenians as long as MHP/Tashnak mentality thrives.
            There will be no peace between Turks and Armenians so long as Turkey continues to penalize self-criticism and analysis. When they can openly discuss their past without the threat of dissenting opinions being considered traitorous, perhaps we can make progress towards peace.

Comment

I am terribly sorry for interrupting such great dialogues))) But STOP my lovely armenians)))

Please read again the question of mine! Why are u speakin about church here)))
              I was surprised at the words of EDOMAN... please tell me) Does your words mean that u can marry turk girl? Or if your sister marry a turk, for example, jjust imagine, u`lll be happpy? or even if u were not happy, would you accept this marriage?)) It`s just very interesting...

May be I am wrong! May be I don`t understand anything in this life, but how can this be???

The person whom I am agree with is the last reply above me...

Comment

Asto, You said “…Or if your sister marry a turk, for example, jjust imagine, u`lll be happpy? or even if u were not happy, would you accept this marriage?)) It`s just very interesting...”
                What would make me happy is to see my sister happy and frankly it is not my place to “accept” or “not to accept” this marriage. What you are basically saying is that it would be OK for the family to reject and denounce their own blood for marrying a person who we do not approve of just because of his race; regardless of what kind of a person he is and how happy he makes her. Also what you are implying is that her feelings in this matter are completely irrelevant and out of the question because our image and desires are more important than her desires, her future and happiness.
                The problem we have as Armenians is that we put all the Turks in one group. Most of us don’t know who the real enemies are so every Turk must be an enemy and evil, right? That makes us no different than Turks. If we want recognition in the eyes of the world then we must show tolerance, acceptance, intelligence and forgiveness. We cannot change the past but we can control our future. We are better than that, I like to think. If we could win the hearts and minds of the normal ordinary everyday Turkish people and that can go a long way towards the Genocide recognition by the world community. It might even make Turkey implode from within.
                Sheers

Comment

You missed my point Anomaly, I am not suggesting welcoming the enemy with open arms as you put it.
                  You are not looking at the situation strategically. Example: First of all, you know and I know that Turkey will never EVER “openly discuss their past without the threat of dissenting opinions being considered traitorous” to say the least.
                  You also said to egeli “There will be no peace between Turks and Armenians so long as Turkey continues to penalize self-criticism and analysis.” I agree but
                  I also say this rejection of self-criticism is a deep weakness that must be dwelled upon endlessly and used as a weapon against their Government. It is not like we have too many options here. Something like Using their Article 301 against them. Turkey is very unstable socially. Look what a headscarf issue almost did to them a while back.

Comment

Working...
                  X