Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

AG Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant that Armenians know much more about Armenia then any country, not that others shouldn't make movies. It just doesn't seem as realistic. The Skylark Farm did that a lot. A movie without Armenians in it already seems strange.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Once upon a time (the time being 1915) there was a little white Van Cat...
      ...and it's name was Hunchak...
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
        Look in the "Bool Review" section here, I think you'll find critiques placed here are as good/bad as anywhere, but a healthy amount of books. My personal choice would be Hayk Ghazarian's.
        I second that ;Love that book!
        First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
          I meant that Armenians know much more about Armenia then any country, not that others shouldn't make movies. It just doesn't seem as realistic. The Skylark Farm did that a lot. A movie without Armenians in it already seems strange.

I think "the movie", for it to be of any significant value has to have a universal theme that reflects to the past while delibarating with the present and the future is left for the audience to ponder about.It would also be easyer for the audience to stay interested if you have a anti-hero ,a character like Zorba for instance or General Antranik with a humanistic approach and real.
          First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Gavur, nice point there. Well, I searched for Hayk's book but there seems to be more then one and I can't decide which one you guys are referring to. Please clear that up.

I think "the movie", for it to be of any significant value has to have a universal theme that reflects to the past while delibarating with the present and the future is left for the audience to ponder about.It would also be easyer for the audience to stay interested if you have a anti-hero ,a character like Zorba for instance or General Antranik with a humanistic approach and real.
            I actually do have a universal theme (if I got what you meant right) and I'm thinking of working General Andranik into the story, maybe even with a seperate mini-plot. It's basically like this. From one village, the main character falls into the Genocide. On the otehr side of Armenia, General Andranik is fighting. What I do is basically tell different stories, bringing them together in a very clever and close way. THey are in no way seperate from each other. Many things lead to the Genocide and you can't explain it with one story so I explain many of them together, showing how everything happened as a whole.

Comment

Gavur, nice point there. Well, I searched for Hayk's book but there seems to be more then one and I can't decide which one you guys are referring to. Please clear that up.
              "The Genocide of the Armenian People in the ottoman Empire".

ISBN 99941-0-112-9. Published in Yerevan in 2005.

I picked my copy up at the Genocide Museum, pop along and gets yours!

Comment

Thanks a lot Steph, owe you one. But, listen, I think the Genocide museum, which I'm VERY, VERY close to, is closed most of the time, how can I get one, maybe in the library here?

Comment

Thanks a lot Steph, owe you one. But, listen, I think the Genocide museum, which I'm VERY, VERY close to, is closed most of the time, how can I get one, maybe in the library here?
                  Saco, maybe I've been lucky, every time I go (years in between visits!) it's open,perhaps they see me walking up the hill!

Drag yourself away from your PC, walk there, put some flowers for me and buy a copy.

Very close..Shinaranery?

Comment

Saco, maybe I've been lucky, every time I go (years in between visits!) it's open,perhaps they see me walking up the hill!
                    HAHAHAHAHA, hope they see me as well.

Drag yourself away from your PC, walk there, put some flowers for me and buy a copy.
                    In your honor, my friend. Hatuk Patverov. I'm around there all the time, you should see it now, nicely cleaned up and neat.

Very close..Shinaranery?
                    Good memory!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      Once upon a time (the time being 1915) there was a little white Van Cat...
                      Bell, did you see the film "Western Armenia: Lost Motherland"? There was an interesting bit in the film about the multi-color-eyed cats of Van...

Comment

Working...
                      X