Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

December 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 7th

Everyone, I know this has nothing to do with the Genocide but it’s a sad part of our Armenian history and I feel it would be simply wrong not to mention it, especially today. This news is very important and I’d like to take this opportunity to talk about December 7th as many probably don’t know about it.

On December 7th, 1989, a terrible earthquake struck in Lennakan (Now Gyumri) and more then 50,000 Armenian passed away, not including another 50,000 that died in the nearby regions and towns. All day today, the Armenian channels will be showing old footages incase anyone wants to tune in and I think it would be great if we all took a moment to remember the past. I would also appreciate it if we did the same for other countries when the time comes as well guys, yes, even Turkey if the occasion calls for it and show some respect even if the Turks don’t have that much sense to the same. This isn’t about conflicts right now though and I don’t mean to offend anyone, I just want all of us to take a chance to remember what happened no matter where we are if I may be so bold.

I won’t go too deep guys, you know what happens when I do that, haha, so I’ll make this short and sweet.

May the souls of all the Armenian’s rest in peace. Those that were victims of the earthquake, the Genocide, the wars, etc. but especially the earthquake, on this sad day.
    May ALL those that have passed away (in any country on any occasion) rest in peace and may no one go through what they have gone through ever again. May all the families that lost their loved ones find their peace and happiness which they lost all those years back and bless us so we will NEVER have to see what they saw. God bless the victims, their families, and all of us, regardless of who we are, how our pasts have been composed, and where we are from. We have one thing in common, we are human and we live on this small planet. We all have pain, we all have a soul. May God be with you, me, and all of us, but most importantly, let us all be with him, he's always with us, we just don't realize that sometimes . All the best to all of us.

May the victims rest in peace, they will never be forgotten no matter what.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Originally posted by Saco View Post

May the souls of all the Armenian’s rest in peace. Those that were victims of the earthquake, the Genocide, the wars, etc. but especially the earthquake, on this sad day.
    May ALL those that have passed away (in any country on any occasion) rest in peace and may no one go through what they have gone through ever again. May all the families that lost their loved ones find their peace and happiness which they lost all those years back and bless us so we will NEVER have to see what they saw. God bless the victims, their families, and all of us, regardless of who we are, how our pasts have been composed, and where we are from. We have one thing in common, we are human and we live on this small planet. We all have pain, we all have a soul. May God be with you, me, and all of us, but most importantly, let us all be with him, he's always with us, we just don't realize that sometimes . All the best to all of us.

Amen.

Nice prayer Saco.

God Bless

Comment

nice post..

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post

Amin.

God shall not make us forget this pain*

* A traditional but forgetten Turkish pray. It is explained, only a bigger pain makes us forget the former one.

Comment

Amen.

Thanks guys and I doubt that any pain is forgotten. Its in human nature to simply get used to what happened rather then forget. Unless everything is artificially forgotten of course which isn't easy.

God bless.

Comment

Guys, I'm really sorry, I said something wrong. About 100,000 Armenians died altogether when you count all those that died in all the nearby regions and towns, not 5000. May they all rest in peace, again.

Comment

Saco Jan I think you were right on the numbers from your first post. Either way it is good to remember and thanks for your beautiful prayer.

BTW on a happier note, we can rejoice the miracle of the 60 survivors that were pulled out on December 15th from the rubbles after surviving bellow zero degree temperatures in unimaginable situation, the heroic efforts of our brothers working in impossible conditions to save lives, and the support and love of the Armenians world wide.

Comment

Yes, very good point. There have been many, many cases like this one and I simply can't imagine how it was possible sometimes. The way a person strives to stay alive simply shows how great willpower is and what it can do for a person. And on a happier note, like you said, I'd like to simply quote a great phrase, "Count your blessings, not what your missing". So many sad events have taken place but we should move on and see how far we have come, not how far we have to still go, work harder so they won't happen again, and remember that we won't be on this world forever, trying our best to help in any way we can. So many good things have happened as well and that's what should be counted, not all the bad things always because there is bad everywhere. This world is filled with so much sadness and counting all the good sometimes seems hard. It's like that because by nature, the sad events keep coming to our minds, holding us down, but when we look at how far we've come, and all the good that's happened in the past, it gives us hope to move on. That's all we have at the end of the day, hope, and it's enough to do wonders if we keep our eyes on the target.

Comment

I heard about that earthquake too. If I believed in god I would pray.

Though it is best to never look down after disasters and instead look up to a brighter future - no matter how hard or difficult it is to get there.

^I always have a positive outlook on life, especially with so many nasty things going on everyday.

Comment

I'm glad Peter but you don't believe in God? Not that it changes anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X