Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkakan Khosaktsutsyun (Turkish Conversation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you my friend. Allow me to take a bold step today and actually write a paragraph. Promise not to laugh, lol.

Merhaba , ismim Saco. On sekiz yasindayim (and) Iryim Ermeni. Ozur dilerim, Turkce bilmiyorum. Bana yardım edebilir misiniz?

Nasilsin kardesh? Yerevan ta oturuyorum. Ermeni cok guzel. Nerelisin? Naber? Bugun hava nasil? Iyiyim.

Teshekur Ederim,

MUTLU YENI YIL ARKADASHIM.

Iyi geceler, yarın gorushuruz.

Saco

THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Bravo Saco.

Comment

Thanks Phantom, could you guys perhaps reply in Turkish, just a few lines? I want to see if I can make out what your saying. Don't get too rough though, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco
          Thank you my friend. Allow me to take a bold step today and actually write a paragraph. Promise not to laugh, lol.

Merhaba , ismim Saco. On sekiz yasindayim (and) Iryim Ermeni. Ozur dilerim, Turkce bilmiyorum. Bana yardım edebilir misiniz?

Nasilsin kardesh? Yerevan ta oturuyorum. Ermeni cok guzel. Nerelisin? Naber? Bugun hava nasil? Iyiyim.

Teshekur Ederim,

Saco

Meraba Saco,

Ben 24 yaşındayım.İstanbulda oturuyorum. Üniversiteyi bitirdim. Turizm işinde çalışıyorum. Ermenileri seviyorum.

Mutlu yıllar,

Arkadaşın Lal

Comment

Teshekur Ederim,

Saco

Excellent! Well done! I am amazed. I have to be as fast as you in learning Hayeren

Where have you learnt these?

Comment

Meraba Saco,

Hi Saco. ( I can't believe I'm translating Turkish)

Ben 24 yaşındayım. İstanbulda oturuyorum. Üniversiteyi bitirdim. Turizm işinde çalışıyorum. Ermenileri seviyorum.

I am 24 years old, live in Istanbul, and learn at the University here. I like to travel here (I think that's what you said) and I love Armenia.

Mutlu yıllar,

Happy New Year,

Arkadaşın Lal

Your Friend, Lal

So, here's what I learned. When you want to say "Your friend, Saco" for example, you simply say Arkadasin Saco. I was trying to figure out how to say "Your friend" because Arkadasin means MY friend, not YOUR friend, if I'm not mistaken. Teshekkurler Lal, at this rate I might not need to talk to you in English anymore . Bilmiyorum, I'll try my best.

Excellent! Well done! I am amazed. I have to be as fast as you in learning Hayeren.
              It's not so hard when you have a teacher like Arda. I'll spread the word around.

Where have you learnt these?
              Let's just say if you try you'll succeed. I've been working on this for awhile, hoping to make my teacher proud, lol. It's been a good experience and I want to talk properly oneday in the VERY NEAR future. It's my dream to help Armenians and Turks get together again oneday, to deal with the Genocide issue or atleast help as much as I can and I realize that won't be possible without learning Turkish atleast a bit. Candles and Ashes is coming together nicely and I think I need to know Turkish to be able to get in touch with Turks world wide a bit better. It makes you more reashured and more prepared, not to mention the fact that it probably will help me get in touch more. I know Armenian, Hindi (not that well nowadays), and English, it's time to learn Turkish. I didn't start this thread for nothing.

The other day I began to talk Turkish out of the blue, wishing everyone good night and no one understood me at home except for my dad. It was a very interesting and fun moment for the entire family. I didn't know my dad could. He had a few Turkish/Kurd soldiers serving with him in the military in Russia and he learned a bit of Turkish along the way it seems. There were soldiers from many countries serving there so it's not really much of a surprise.

Anyways, this just shows how times have changed and I think with these kinds of steps, we might be able to actually clean up the mess our grandparents made. If we don't, then no one will.

Thanks a lot everyone, especially you Arda, it's been an honor with a capital H. Well now arkadasim, it's off to the Turkish websites to swim in Turkish words .

Comment

OK, for a brilliant student, one more course (and i am preparing a surprise for you about speaking Hayeren )

Possessive Determiners:

My = Benim (im)
                Your= Senin (in)
                His/Her/Its = Onun (i)
                Our = Bizim (miz)
                Your= Sizin (niz)
                Their =Onların (leri)

Please remember that there is a difference here between Turkish and English. In Eglish you just put the possessive determiner in front of the word like "my book". In Turkish, you can put the determiners in front of thw word, but also you have to put the suffix (which is in the paranthesis) after the word. Mostly you dont need determiners in front of the word.

Examples:

My book = Benim kitab-ım or kitab-ım (kitap:book)
                Your brother = Senin kardeş-in or kardeş-in

Comment

Merhaba,

Ben otuz yedi yasindayim ve Californiada yasiyorum. Bes yasindaydim aylemlen Americaya geldigimde. Benim isim avukatlik.

Saco, LAL and (probably Arda too), you guys and girls are so smart and mature for your age. When I read your writings, I feel embarrassed at how stupid and immature I was when I was your age.

Comment

Meraba Saco,

Hi Saco. ( I can't believe I'm translating Turkish)

Ben 24 yaşındayım. İstanbulda oturuyorum. Üniversiteyi bitirdim. Turizm işinde çalışıyorum. Ermenileri seviyorum.

I am 24 years old, live in Istanbul, and learn at the University here. I like to travel here (I think that's what you said) and I love Armenia.

Mutlu yıllar,

Happy New Year,

Arkadaşın Lal

Your Friend, Lal

So, here's what I learned. When you want to say "Your friend, Saco" for example, you simply say Arkadasin Saco. I was trying to figure out how to say "Your friend" because Arkadasin means MY friend, not YOUR friend, if I'm not mistaken. Teshekkurler Lal, at this rate I might not need to talk to you in English anymore . Bilmiyorum, I'll try my best.

D .
                    saco can,

you made a small mistake. ı finished university and ı work in tourizm business.

you are a very good hearted boy. ı wish everything well for you in your life. if you visit istanbul someday, ı can show you around here.

ı am not working to learn armenian , but ım working to understand turkey s real history . and ı get more and more shocked everyday.

we are always taught in school that we fought against imperialist countries and we are shown as the oppressed people. how funny,in reality we were(are) the imperialist ones and we 8are)were the oppressors.

arabs,greeks,bulgarians,armenians or kurds desire of independence was considered as backstabbing by us.

sorry my friend, untill yesterday, we taught that there was nothing like kurd in our country, and armenians were imperialist's ugly fighters against to our country.

now ı laugh to this stupit history, which never criticize herself but always accuse others and create enemies.

kurds and armenians are our sisters and brothers.ı was thinking just the opposite in your age. ı cant believe ı really came to this point.

ı learn a lot from you. teşekkürler.

arkadaşın lal

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
                      Saco, LAL and (probably Arda too), you guys and girls are so smart and mature for your age. When I read your writings, I feel embarrassed at how stupid and immature I was when I was your age.
                      You are older than me and i have to say you "abi"( means elder brother as a sign of respect in a sincere and amiable way).

I am 26 but i have learnt much from you how to write, address and be balanced.

Comment

Working...
                      X