Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How happy for those who feel they are Turks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you're mistaken, i hope you're not but past experience.........
    Sorry, Steph, could you clarify ? I might've been wrong, of course, but what exactly was wrong?
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Expecting self deniers to answer pertinent questions without pressure.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Oh, I didn't look at it that way. I was talking about Hitite, May, Lal, etc. Are they also self deniers?

Comment

not May ,lal I suspect is a sincere infiltrator
          "All truth passes through three stages:
          First, it is ridiculed;
          Second, it is violently opposed; and
          Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

I read all the entries under this title, but I couldn't understand how began this battle of words (may be for my bad english), What is the question Arda's awaiting a reply?
            I only understand there is a Kemalism disputation. if so I can say that, kemalism is the gratest taboo of turks. What he said are regarded as god verb. If you bombed with his alleged greatnes during all your life -in family, elemantary school, college, military, even in university- you would be a kemalist. It is very difficult to trancendence Kemalism for many turks. so, in my opinion, in argumentation with turks, it is needed to dispute the jenocide at first. Kemalism may be next. After all, even if turkish government accept the jenocide, they would never correlate kemal and jenocide, they will think jenocide is the problem of ottoman empire. I am sory for any misunderstanding

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
              not May ,lal I suspect is a sincere infiltrator
              ı am curious, what am ı infitrating from this site. am ı a turkish government agent and stealing important armenian documents?or is my important job to provocate and create a civil war among armenians? you are a funny man indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
                They always ignore my questions Saco. And when they open their mouth to answer, the only thing appears baseless excuses. They ignore because they know they have so many issues that has no answer. It must be so hard to defend butchers; Kemal, Dro, Lenin, Talat, Stalin, Hitler...
                I have some questions too:

1- Who are "they" that you are talking about, Arda?
                2- Must every member of this forum read this thread and read your question?
                3- If "they" are aware of your question, is there an obligation that your questions must be addressed? What makes you so special?
                4- I had a very stupid, simple question about a musical terminology directed at you under music thread which could be answered with few words, but you did not respond. Shall I also complain?

Once you answer these questions, I MAY (not my forum nickname, meaning that I have possibility to) respond your question, if I find worthy of spending time. More, I am giving you the freedom (which you do not grant "them") not to answer my questions as well.

Comment

May, I wasn't specifically talking about you, I didn't specifically have you in mind. Lal for example though, we ask her questions over and over again (no offense Lal) and we don't get a reply. Arda specifically asked her the same questions a hundred times. If she doesn't reply, it's pointless writing any longer. It's like we have to answer but not get an answer ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                    Expecting self deniers to answer pertinent questions without pressure.
                    Thanks, Gavur.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco
                      May, I wasn't specifically talking about you, I didn't specifically have you in mind. Lal for example though, we ask her questions over and over again (no offense Lal) and we don't get a reply. Arda specifically asked her the same questions a hundred times. If she doesn't reply, it's pointless writing any longer. It's like we have to answer but not get an answer ourselves.
                      Saco, my friend, I appreciate your concern about not to be misunderstood and your polite attitude. Don't worry, I did not have you in my mind while I was writing. If I was writing for something that you wrote, I would clearly imply so. It is Arda's duty to clarify who he is addressing.

Say, Arda meant Lal. Lal may not find discussion about Kemalism worthy in terms of the subject matter of this forum, and she has all the right not to respond. Or she just wants to quit the discussion because she feels cornered. In any case, not receiving a response does not give Arda the right to categorize anybody that does not answer his call for discussion. Asking biased questions that will lead to his conclusions is not a proper way of initiating a discussion either. If one wants his opinion to be known by others, then s/he can write posts (as many and as long as s/he wants) about what s/he thinks, with adding references that s/he thinks appropriate to include. And that's basically all. We don't need intellectual lynches for our opinions to be respected.

Comment

Working...
                      X