Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Post Turkish, Armenian and Greek music in this thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
    Cem Karaca is a legend
    Hey Alexandros, do you (or did you) live in Turkey? How do you know about Cem Karaca and his legend?

Comment

Originally posted by may
      Hey Alexandros, do you (or did you) live in Turkey? How do you know about Cem Karaca and his legend?
      Ooops.. I saw your other post under another topic:

"To be honest I haven`t been to Turkey at all.Would love to visit Turkey some time.Especially Istanbul but also my forefathers places in northern Turkey and other places in Turkey..."

Where are your forefathers from? Near Black Sea?

ps: Actually my question is still valid: How did you hear about Cem Karaca?

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
        Ooops.. I saw your other post under another topic:

"To be honest I haven`t been to Turkey at all.Would love to visit Turkey some time.Especially Istanbul but also my forefathers places in northern Turkey and other places in Turkey..."

Where are your forefathers from? Near Black Sea?

ps: Actually my question is still valid: How did you hear about Cem Karaca?
        My grandfather and grandmother on my paternal side were from Keceli(small village) and Samsun.

My grandfather and grandmother on my maternal side were from Armutlu and Bursa.

As for Cem Karaca, I won`t tell you because it`s a secret.LOL.Just kidding.Seriously though, I think I saw it when I watching a Turkish or Greek documentary or something like that.

Comment

OK Chinchilla, none political music…lets see

This is a beautifully Armenian song done by legendry Googoosh. She is a Persian entertainer loved by many. My wife would kill for her concert tickets.
          BTW, Googoosh is not Armenian.

For more modern times….
          Now nobody can get you up and dancing better than Andy. Here is Andy and Armen (I love this guys voice). This was done two years ago.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is another from Andy (In Farsi and Arabic with Spanish guitar) for us Persian Armenians. You have to dance to this one no matter where you are from.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And for the love birds… this one is from Hayko, since you guys brought him up. Good Graphics.
          Check out the Armenian Angle sitting.

RED ALERT: The following Music Video links may be offensive to our Turkish and Azeri viewers. Please refrain from viewing them. Thank you very much.

Vahe Jan. Thanks for L5 clip. I hadn’t seen that one before. We will never forget their success.

Here are few more if you haven’t seen them yet.

Tashnag Fedayis from Artsakh to Beirut to Western Armenia.Eras are seperated by a zinanshan."tser tapads aryan ganchuh togh abri haverdg, amen hayou srdoum t...

I love the songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Edoman View Post
            Tashnag Fedayis from Artsakh to Beirut to Western Armenia.Eras are seperated by a zinanshan."tser tapads aryan ganchuh togh abri haverdg, amen hayou srdoum t...

I love the songs.
            Thanks , bro, lovely vids.

I do not know how they can offend any of our FRIENDS

MAH GAM AZATUTYUN!
            I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Originally posted by Edoman View Post
              I love the songs.
              That's the problem.

Originally posted by VaheTheGreate
              I do not know how they can offend any of our FRIENDS
              Você sabe muito bem. (I hope that translated correctly)

Are you going to get all hurt and put on that innocent facade when you are warned or banned again?

Comment

Saco, maybe you're right and I haven't listened enough of Armenian songs. The ones I listened sounded so much familiar to me (similar instruments and musical scales), some songs that has lyrics in both languages etc.
                Traditional Rabiz is a mixture of many different types of music, mostly arabic, which Turkish music also sounds like so this means that many other countries have music similar to ours. It's not only Armenian and Turkish music that have something in common. Most countries near Armenia and Turkey have almost the same similarities in their music when compared to our music.

Of course my Armenian music sample may be biased because of my music taste, but for two nations lived in the same geography for a long time, my gut feeling was that the sample I listened could be representative of the general.
                I've heard this before and I just want to clear this up. We may have lived very close to each other but that doesn't mean that Turks and Armenians were completely alike. Both our cultures lived side by side but the differences could be seen clearly, we were both alike but very different at the same time. The same goes for our music and ways of living. So when you say we lived together for a long time, that doesn't play a very, very major role. We learned from each other but we remained Armenians and Turks remained Turks (I'm not saying this in a bad way of course). My point is that you can't simply say Armenian and Turkish music is alike because we lived together for so long.

Nevertheless, even Turkish and Armenian songs may not be that close, I think it is harder to draw a line between them. That's what I meant with my post to Edoman. I think similarities are more than the differences and liking one will probably mean liking the other.
                Not a bad way to look at it but let me tell you that when I hear Turkish music on my TV, I really sometimes can't stand it. Sorry bro , I won't lie. And I'm sure many Turks, probably you too, can't bear our music sometimes. I'm pretty sharp when it comes to sound, not to brag or anything, I've been playing and listening to music from a very young age so it's easy for me to differentiate Turkish and Armenian music pretty easily. My entire family is very deep into music, physically and mentally, and sometimes we talk about Turkish music, actually more then sometimes, and there is lot's we like and really tons we don't. It's natural though, there's nothing wrong with that.

When it comes to music, you can say I'm not the picky type. I listen and have listened to music from LOT'S of countries which has helped me to appreciate music as a whole. Hell, the fact that I have an entire library of music, lol, proves that not to mention that my house is a museum of musical instruments . There are lot's of people who like only one or two types of music or music from a certain country. Many even mix politics with music as well, not listening to music from a certain country for political reasons. When it comes to me though, I don't say this music is Turkish and this music is Armenian. Music is music and I judge music equally. Politics must never get mixed with music, NEVER.

There is a great gap between Turkish and Armenian music. MAYBE in the past (a century ago) there could have been GREAT similarities but in time, Turkish music and Armenian music went their own ways. Our common habits changed. You also have to remember that traditional music changed after the Genocide both in Turkey and Armenia. No Armenians were left to spread Armenian music around in Turkey or keep it going basically so that the next generation could listen and learn and I'm sure Turks made Turks in general refrain from listening or playing Armenian music. I think this happened naturally, without force actually. People forgot the Armenians existed once so how could they still have lots in common with them?

Music is another world, a world I can't live without, and my point is that after all this, you can trust me when I say that Turkish and Armenian music isn't as alike as it maybe once was. Even traditional Armenian music changed slowly, slowly in Armenia after the Genocide so what to speak of Turkish music being greatly similar to ours, which has changed?

Saco Armenian traditional music has so many different styles so no wonder there may be some styles with Turkish influence. Although the main difference of Armenian and Turkish music is that Turkish music is mostly polyphonic and Armenian predominantly is monadic. So it is very easy to differ the music with Turkish influence.
                I don't know but no one can shun the fact that we are different which allows people in general to appreciate music from both Turkey and Armenia individually. That's great actually, not bad/sad. It allows people to learn to truly appreciate.

Let me share a little part of history just to help all of you see why Turkish, Georgian, Azeri, and Armenian music is so alike, just one small reason. All of you know Sayat Sova I'm sure, the poet, troubadour, Gusan, and Qamancha player. Well, he wrote in MANY languages and people from different countries considered him as their own poet and singer. Many didn't consider him as an Armenian although he was. He was a true citizen of the world and was lost in love and music. Till today, 500 years later, there are conversations going around between different people considering whether or not Sayat Nova was considered more of an Armenian, Georgian, Azeri, or Turk, lol. Everyone loved him. So this is one reason why our music is so similar, if similar at all. Many like Sayat Nova shared their music with the world so naturally, many countries picked up a lot along the way. Armenia learned a lot from other's too. Rabiz for example isn't completely a genre created by Armenians although many think it is. Our Rabiz is VERY different though still. By the way, my sister plays Qamancha .

This is another from Andy (In Farsi and Arabic with Spanish guitar) for us Persian Armenians
                Edoman Jan, you're a Persian Armenian ?
                THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by chinchilla View Post
                  That's the problem.

Você sabe muito bem. (I hope that translated correctly)

Are you going to get all hurt and put on that innocent facade when you are warned or banned again?
                  Muito bom! Your translator works just fine

Banned? For what? For loving my nation? Is this an anti-armenian forum or some thing ?

Comment

Were you talking about the Turks or Armenians?
                    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                      Were you talking about the Turks or Armenians?
                      Could you rephrase your question on couple of pages? I didn’t get it

Comment

Working...
                      X