Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Looking Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Back

I might not be here for a few days but I’d like to share something with all of you before I go.

There’s only one day left before New Year’s Eve, can’t believe time goes by so fast. 2008 has been a very interesting year for me and I’m sure for many of you as well and I’d like to talk about it a bit. What my family does before the clock hits twelve on the 31st of December is have a very interesting conversation. It’s obvious that we all have problem’s and it’s very easy to talk about them but what isn’t always easy is to talk about all the good that’s taken place. We seem to forget all the blessings and count only what we’re missing normally. Well, at the end of the year, me, my family, and my relatives sit down around a table and begin to talk about all the good things that happened throughout the year and we basically enter the next year with a smile and a better mood. I know it’s only been like three months but this forum has come very close to my heart and I would like to have that same conversation here, if you would all like to of course.

Here’s just a few of the interesting things that have taken place in my life in 2008.

1. I recently got a brand new piano and I’m learning at the Sayat Nova Musical Academy here which is one of the best in Armenia. It’s a great school really and my younger sister used to learn Qamancha there. I’m following in her footsteps basically . I have a synthesizer which I still play but take my advice, if anyone wants to play properly, he/she should first learn piano thoroughly. I spent a year learning how to play synthesizer and then realized how big of a mistake I made. The piano is another world and your fingers have a harder time adapting to its keys after you’ve learned synthesizer.
    2. Got the chance to start working on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com with a few members here and it’s been an amazing experience. I hope it will be ready by April 24th and will serve its purpose nicely.
    3. A few months ago, I got called up to be the lead writer for a new RMXP game which is coming together nicely. I won’t give away too much but Armenians will have a lot to relate to, trust me.
    4. I got the chance to meet some extraordinary and famous people here in Armenia and my family got invited to some really great and rare concerts. Truly a great experience, all unforgettable.
    5. Since last year, I was working as the lead designer for a newspaper here and that taught and gave me A LOT of experience. In June, I went back to my classes and after a few months, I’ll be working at home. I’ve been studying computers for a long time and now I’ll be finally finishing up. After that, the journey doesn’t end yet of course, there are more programs to learn, but they will be secondary. I’ll be also playing basket ball and hitting the gym here more regularly in the coming year. I didn’t have enough time this year.
    6. I learned many lessons this year, many specific one thanks to all of you, and I can’t wait to see what 2009 has in store for me.
    7. My little brother got a great guitar, I worked as the lead designer for some official projects here in Armenia, my parents brought many new musical instruments from India, I finished some of my long term projects, and met up with many of my friends after a long time. I also got the chance to help many people.
    8. I joined armeniangenocide.com!

I think I’ll share the rest with my family . I won’t take up too much of your time. Thanks for reading.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    I might not be here for a few days but I’d like to share something with all of you before I go.

There’s only one day left before New Year’s Eve, can’t believe time goes by so fast. 2008 has been a very interesting year for me and I’m sure for many of you as well and I’d like to talk about it a bit. What my family does before the clock hits twelve on the 31st of December is have a very interesting conversation. It’s obvious that we all have problem’s and it’s very easy to talk about them but what isn’t always easy is to talk about all the good that’s taken place. We seem to forget all the blessings and count only what we’re missing normally. Well, at the end of the year, me, my family, and my relatives sit down around a table and begin to talk about all the good things that happened throughout the year and we basically enter the next year with a smile and a better mood. I know it’s only been like three months but this forum has come very close to my heart and I would like to have that same conversation here, if you would all like to of course.

Here’s just a few of the interesting things that have taken place in my life in 2008.

1. I recently got a brand new piano and I’m learning at the Sayat Nova Musical Academy here which is one of the best in Armenia. It’s a great school really and my younger sister used to learn Qamancha there. I’m following in her footsteps basically . I have a synthesizer which I still play but take my advice, if anyone wants to play properly, he/she should first learn piano thoroughly. I spent a year learning how to play synthesizer and then realized how big of a mistake I made. The piano is another world and your fingers have a harder time adapting to its keys after you’ve learned synthesizer.
    2. Got the chance to start working on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com with a few members here and it’s been an amazing experience. I hope it will be ready by April 24th and will serve its purpose nicely.
    3. A few months ago, I got called up to be the lead writer for a new RMXP game which is coming together nicely. I won’t give away too much but Armenians will have a lot to relate to, trust me.
    4. I got the chance to meet some extraordinary and famous people here in Armenia and my family got invited to some really great and rare concerts. Truly a great experience, all unforgettable.
    5. Since last year, I was working as the lead designer for a newspaper here and that taught and gave me A LOT of experience. In June, I went back to my classes and after a few months, I’ll be working at home. I’ve been studying computers for a long time and now I’ll be finally finishing up. After that, the journey doesn’t end yet of course, there are more programs to learn, but they will be secondary. I’ll be also playing basket ball and hitting the gym here more regularly in the coming year. I didn’t have enough time this year.
    6. I learned many lessons this year, many specific one thanks to all of you, and I can’t wait to see what 2009 has in store for me.
    7. My little brother got a great guitar, I worked as the lead designer for some official projects here in Armenia, my parents brought many new musical instruments from India, I finished some of my long term projects, and met up with many of my friends after a long time. I also got the chance to help many people.
    8. I joined armeniangenocide.com!

I think I’ll share the rest with my family . I won’t take up too much of your time. Thanks for reading.

HAPPY NEW YEAR SACO.

your friend lal

Comment

Wonderful story Saco.However as for the piano thing, for me it was the opposite.I learned fist how to play synth and then after doing that it was easier for me to learn play piano.But my piano teacher was really a xxxxhead.As soon as my father paid him for giving me piano lessons he just disappeared.

Damn, I loved to play piano.

Comment

Lal, a happy new year to you too. I'm preparing a special message for all of you and I know I might sound a bit funny but I want to post it right when the clock hits twelve (if I get a chance).

Alex, thanks for the compliments. It's really sad that you couldn't continue to play piano. How long did you get to play? Something similar happened to my dad except he played accordian. When he was like 15-16 years old, his teacher, a real git, hit his fingers with an iron ruler and my dad decided never to play again. That accordian is in my house right now and it's been passed down to me. After so many years, almost 30-35 years, this accordian still plays beautifully and it's an honor for me to play it whenever I want. I'm learning piano but after that, I'm straight off to learning accordian. Anyways, enough about me. Anything you'd like to share Alex to keep the spirit of the thread up?

Comment

Lal, a happy new year to you too. I'm preparing a special message for all of you and I know I might sound a bit funny but I want to post it right when the clock hits twelve (if I get a chance).

Alex, thanks for the compliments. It's really sad that you couldn't continue to play piano. How long did you get to play? Something similar happened to my dad except he played accordian. When he was like 15-16 years old, his teacher, a real git, hit his fingers with an iron ruler and my dad decided never to play again. That accordian is in my house right now and it's been passed down to me. After so many years, almost 30-35 years, this accordian still plays beautifully and it's an honor for me to play it whenever I want. I'm learning piano but after that, I'm straight off to learning accordian. Anyways, enough about me. Anything you'd like to share Alex to keep the spirit of the thread up?
          Hit his fingers?What an idiot.My piano teacher wasn`t that hard; he was more interested in the money.LOL.If I remember correctly I think I played a year or so.But with the synth I played several years.I was a big fan of synth music at that time; loved to listen to groups like Depeche Mode,Yazoo, Erasure, Alphaville...

Anyway, if you gave me a synth to play on today I wouldn`t manage to do it.I suck big time since it was so many years I played synth.

Comment

My dad couldn't play a certain part of a song and the teacher hit his fingers. Whether you become a great musician or not depends a lot on the teacher, I'm sure you'll agree.

Considering the fact that you learned synthesizer for so long and then played piano, it's insteresting that it was easy for you to adapt to the piano so fast. Also, it depends on the piano. The key's on some pianos require more/less force to play. The keys on a synth are much easier to play then the keys on a piano as well (naturally). Also, the synth uses a shortcut system to playing music, especially when it comes to playing accords, while the piano doesn't. It took me some time to adapt to it all. About 4 to 5 classes. I was deep into learning synth for a year. I even had a few small school concerts not to mention my exams and all so it took some time to get used to the piano. Right now, I'm trying to stay away from my synth as much as possible.

Comment

Happy New Year Saco Jan, you're a good boy who's becoming a good man.
              Your parents have done a really good job and will be very, very proud of you!
              I hope my son becomes similar to you!

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
                Happy New Year Saco Jan, you're a good boy who's becoming a good man.
                Your parents have done a really good job and will be very, very proud of you!
                I hope my son becomes similar to you!
                steph,have your son got a dog* to learn from?
                BTW, what about that internet medicine you have promissed?

*dog- puppy....
                HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
                I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Originally posted by VaheTheGreat(e) View Post
                  steph,have your son got a dog to learn from?
                  BTW, what about that internet medicine you have promissed?
                  HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
                  Yeah, he's got a dog, but I keep him off the internet and he just dresses commando.
                  I'll send the internet medicine but at the moment I need it for a nasty virus.

Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
                    Yeah, he's got a dog, but I keep him off the internet and he just dresses commando.
                    I'll send the internet medicine but at the moment I need it for a nasty virus.

Happy New Year!
                    You cant kip him away for long… one day he will discover that he do not have to play with kids and will begin to post demagogy in forums 24/7.
                    I hope that nasty virus wouldn’t affect you much….

About "commando" thing. I never was acommando and never feel myself as commando. All I de is I served my country the way hundreds and thousends other guys did. I am proud of it and certain in my right to have some credit for that. That is for closing the subject.
                    I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Working...
                    X