Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

New program against the Armenians and Greeks in Istanbul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New pogrom against the Armenians and Greeks in Istanbul?

Originally posted by Eti View Post

NOW PLEASE REPLY MY QUESTION HONESTLY:

DOES ARMENIAN DIASPORA WANT A SOLUTION BETWEEN TURKEY AND ARMENIA?
    OFCOURS IT DOES. The question is what kind of solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
      OFCOURS IT DOES. The question is what kind of solution?
      I don’t think so.

Of course I refferred to “peaceful relation and solution.” There is no another solution.

But to keep alive The Anti-Turkism is very important for Diaspora. There are people in Diaspora making money from Anti-Turkism and it also helps to keep Diaspora together and enables closer relationships. Not only Diaspora, it keeps you together with Greeks too, as we see here. So it works much, doesn’t it?

So peaceful relations between Turkey and Armenia would spoil the jobs of Armenian Diaspora.
      Let me remind you this again.

Quote:

“Greek and Armenian hate the Turk as oppressor, but they hate each other also with rancorous hatred of jealous equals”.

W. J. CHILDS – English Agent (Chapter 26, page 298)

But, today you have been friends.

Comment

I don’t think so.

Of course I refferred to “peaceful relation and solution.” There is no another solution.
        What you call "peaceful solution"? There can be millions of variants of peasfull solution. One of them is Recognition of Genocide by Turkey.

DO YOU REALLY THINK DIASPORA DO NOT WANT THAT PEACEFULL SOLUTION?

Let me remind you this again.

Quote:

“Greek and Armenian hate the Turk as oppressor, but they hate each other also with rancorous hatred of jealous equals”.

W. J. CHILDS – English Agent (Chapter 26, page 298)

But, today you have been friends.
        Armenians were culturally close to Greeks during tenth of centuries.. We didn’t have wars with Greeks sins fail of Byzantium....

Can you live Greeks alone and that stupid citate of some stupid Brit spy?
        There may have been some tensions betven Armenians and Greeks in Ottoman Empire even provoked by turks... but never nothing serious....
        Last edited by Mukuch; 09-12-2009, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I don’t think so.

But to keep alive The Anti-Turkism is very important for Diaspora. There are people in Diaspora making money from Anti-Turkism and it also helps to keep Diaspora together and enables closer relationships. Not only Diaspora, it keeps you together with Greeks too, as we see here. So it works much, doesn’t it?
          Your image of Armenian Diaspora is based on typical turkish propaganda. I am not commenting that one.

Comment

There may have been some tensions betven Armenians and Greeks in Ottoman Empire even provoked by turks... but never nothing serious....
            No... It is just a feeling or logic that:

"My enemy's enemy is my friend."

By the way, my mother's family emigrated to Turkey from Crete Island (Greece) a few decades ago. And there was no immigration from Anatolia to Crete in Ottoman history, so at least I am half-Greek. They didn't even know how to speak Turkish when they came to Turkey. But my mothers family had to emigrate because they were Muslims, otherwise they most probably would be killed. Just wanted to let you know.
            Last edited by Eti; 09-12-2009, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Armenians were culturally close to Greeks during tenth of centuries.. We didn’t have wars with Greeks sins fail of Byzantium
              Turks are closer to both Armenians and Greeks than all any other nations. Byzantines never let Armenians enter and live in Istanbul, Armenians first had a neighborhood in Istanbul after Ottomans conquered the city. This was the same for other nations too. This was the politic of Ottmans to live together with other nations. Please learn more about Ottoman history.
              Last edited by Eti; 09-12-2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Turks are closer to both Armenians and Greeks than all any other nations. Byzantines never let Armenians enter and live in Istanbul, Armenians first had a neighborhood in Istanbul after Ottomans conquered the city. This was the same for other nations too. This was the politic of Ottmans to live together with other nations. Please learn more about Ottoman history.
                Once upon a time there were the Byzantines and the Armenians there was NO turks or turkey on these territories, the turks are invaders. And then it was Constantinople and not Istanbul and the Armenians were there long before you showed up. Go read some real history before you talk.

Comment

Turks are closer to both Armenians and Greeks than all any other nations.
                  LOL turks can not be close culturally to any one except turks and other mongols as they didnt have any culture at all... they were nomads and still are.

Byzantines never let Armenians enter and live in Istanbul, Armenians first had a neighborhood in Istanbul after Ottomans conquered the city. This was the same for other nations too.
                  Lets begin from that Byzantium had a dynasty of Emperors of Armenian origin.... I am even not talking about Armenian generals and diplomats in Byzantium. Armenians lived in Constantinopolis since it was founded.

This was the politic of Ottmans to live together with other nations. Please learn more about Ottoman history.
                  Yes that is true that ottomans in early period hade let Christians to create communities in Constantinopolis as proper turks were not good in trade and any industrial production. So only way was to let Christians to tack care of it.
                  Last edited by Mukuch; 09-12-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

No... It is just a feeling or logic that:

"My enemy's enemy is my friend."

By the way, my mother's family emigrated to Turkey from Crete Island (Greece) a few decades ago. And there was no immigration from Anatolia to Crete in Ottoman history, so at least I am half-Greek. They didn't even know how to speak Turkish when they came to Turkey. But my mothers family had to emigrate because they were Muslims, otherwise they most probably would be killed. Just wanted to let you know.
                    Greek muslims? Interesting.... so were your mothers familly turkified Greeks? or they were just turks living in Greec?

Comment

Greek muslims? Interesting.... so were your mothers familly turkified Greeks? or they were just turks living in Greec?
                      Mukuck, you have no idea what a Turk is. Ottomans for most of their history never, ever referred to themselves as Turks. The Ottoman Empire was an Islamic Empire that was centered in the Balkans (not Anatolia). Most people in this forum describe the Devshirme system of taking young Christian boys from their families to become either Jannisaries or Imperial Servants (Grand Viziers, etc) as slavery.

It was not. The moment Mimar Sinan (an Architect of Armenian Birth), Pargalı İbrahim Pasha (a Grand Vizier from guess where, Parga Greece), and Damat İbrahim Pasha (another Grand Vizier of Serbian birth) converted to Islam, THEY BECAME TURKS. These "slaves" became the most powerful class in the Ottoman Empire.

Ottoman Muslims were first called Turks by foreign powers. It wasn't until nationalism surfaced in the 1800s that Muslims in the Ottoman Empire created their own national heritage to compete with the indigenous ethnic nationalism of Armenians, Greeks, Serbs, etc. Of course, there is some central Asian ethnic hertiage of Turks today. But, Turks are ethnically far more related to the indigenous ethnic groups of Anatolia, the Balkan, Arabia, North Africa, and the Caucasus, than they are to central Asians.

Turanism is a lie. Turkish heritage is Islamic heritage.

Comment

Working...
                      X