Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Historical reality of Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical reality of Genocide

Express Brussels - 12/15/04 : Jean Eckian
    The European Commission and the European Council require Turkish authorities the formal recognition of the historical reality of genocide of the Armenians in 1915 and the opening within a fast time of the border between Turkey and Arménia, without some to do a previous one to the negotiations.

Can you cite your source please.

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
      the Armenian Genocide is about to be recognized!!!!

ANCA WELCOMES EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT VOTE PRESSING TURKEY TO RECOGNIZE THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE

this is the best day of my life!!!!!!
      Uhh sorry... while I love your enthusiasm, what in there makes you think the Armenian Genocide is about to be recognized? Sure the resolutions call on Turkey to recognize it, but no one can force them. It also didn't say anything like Turkey won't be allowed in if they don't recognize the Armenian Genocide. If they passed something like that, now then I would understand the excitement. Genocide recognition doesn't happen in one day anyway, and it's 10-15 years until Turkey might be let in the EU. All this is too sketchy right now to come to any conclusions about who's recognizing what... call me jaded after all these false promises but can you blame me. I would be very surprised if Turkey changed their stance even a bit because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
        talk about being a G-rinch (G standing for genocide)
        lol
        I am aware of the things you list.
        but since I was born (the eighties), I hadn't even heard anything CLOSE to this kinda news.
        so chill.
        and don't kill it.
        I forgive you... I like realist people.
        Hahaha thank you Gaucho, and if something comes of it I will be the first to cheer. If I read something that what they passed officially makes genocide recognition a requisite for EU admission then I'll be very glad, but it seems to just call on the committee to call on Turkey to recognize the genocide which isn't the same thing. It's hard to tell what they really mean there though. We'll see what happens tomorrow when they decide whether or not to start admission talks.

Comment

Oh God.... this is awesome news!!!! Is this really happening? I'm reading about this practically every day! Though I think those effers will never recognize it, even if it costs them the EU membership... it's still satisfying to see all this pressure on them! I wonder if I can do anything to help? LOL... This was pretty interesting too, US pressures Turkey with "Armenian Genocide" Bill.(though it's from 2-3 weeks ago):

Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul has criticized the US for using the "Armenian Genocide" Bill to pressure Turkey into withholding its condemnation of the US operation in Felluce (Fallujah). Gul said the US is implying that if Turkey refers to the events in Fallujah as genocide, they will approve the Armenian bill. "This would be blackmail," said Gul and such things are not even the issue.
          the article

OK I'm gonna go read "the caucasian knot", the book I ordered last month, and received yesterday, hehe... It's about Nagorno-Karabagh's history and politics. I say after the recognition, the second best thing would be the UN vote to give Karabagh to Armenia.

Oh by the way, thank you gaucho

Comment

Originally posted by CatWoman
            Turkish Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul has criticized the US for using the "Armenian Genocide" Bill to pressure Turkey into withholding its condemnation of the US operation in Felluce (Fallujah). Gul said the US is implying that if Turkey refers to the events in Fallujah as genocide, they will approve the Armenian bill. "This would be blackmail," said Gul and such things are not even the issue.
            Didn't Gul know at that point the House said it would not be considering the bill? It was already announced at the time that there was no hope of it getting voted on. The bill officially died a week ago when the House ended for the year. That genocide bill is gone, they're gonna need to submit a whole new one now hopefully next year.

Comment

hahaha.... Turks are stupid you know!

P.S. I know I shouldn't have made this post, it would make some turks reappear on this forum, but I made it anyway.... My bad!
              Last edited by CatWoman; 12-16-2004, 07:22 PM.

Comment

read my post and see what others think of it...

Comment

all are Armenian

Comment

MAN!!! I was about to post this news Oh well. pretty cool huh?

http://anca.org/pressrel.asp?prID=687
                    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Working...
                    X