Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Genocide Movie Being Made In Hollywood CA Calling Out To All Armenians!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian Genocide Movie Being Made In Hollywood CA Calling Out To All Armenians!!!

My Name is Sam Nassar I have recently moved to Hollywood CA to become a Film Maker. I am currently attending the Los Angeles Film School. I am constructing a script for my thesis film production. I have chosen to make a film about the Armenian Genocide. It will be the story of my Great Grandmother Veronik Kavlakian who was a survivor of the horrors of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey. She was marched from her home in Fenesee to the Desert of Der Zor with her children ages 2, 4 and 5. My Great Grandfather had left for Detroit Michigan where I am from to make money working at the Ford Motor Plant to bring his family to America to escape the persecution of the Turks. They were marched for days on end with no shelter, food or water. Veronik buried all 3 of her daughters in the desert with her bare hands. They had suffered massive hunger and thirst and just simply could not go on. Veronik at that point knew what she was facing.......complete annihilation. She then made the decision to get away. She made her way to a refugee camp and eventually through the Red Cross was located by her family in America and brought through Ellis Island to Detroit. She then started a new life having my Grandfather Jack and his brother Tony. If not for her strength and determination I would not be here today. This film is my tribute to her and to the 1.5 million lives lost in the Genocide. Any actors/actresses or people interested in being extras would be a great help. I am also looking for Armenian musicians especially duduk to help me construct a score for my film. Anyone interested either post me on here or Email me at [email protected]. Thank you very much

Lemmie get in your movie.. I wanna have some speaking lines and yes, I have experience

Comment

Include the Jews!!! Please make a movie that says the jews played a role...cmon my good man, spread the word!

Comment

If the Doenmeh Jews are included in the movie, it would never reach the Cinema... (Ararat barely made it because of Turkish Propaganda)

Comment

then we can take it underground...PRIVATE THEATERS.

I know that a lot of people would be willing to see it...if you can have a combination of both books to back up the movie and the movie itself, you can have an insane force right there.

Comment

my movie is based on my family and their journey through the horrible syrian desert and my grandmother the sole survivor of her family surviving and coming to America. I am not basing it on any books. Comments are fine but make sure you actually read my message before you comment please. I am open to suggestion or help in certain ways. Armenian looking extras would be nice, also any Armenian musicians especially the duduk. Also if anyone knows any California Armenians willing to help me with funding that would be greatly appreciated. I am a single film school student trying to get my families story told and the story of all of the Armenians. Thank you.

Comment

I like your style, but, instead of your family, you can make it everyones family. Hell, you can get the support of hundreds of other non-armenians if you just add what the Jews did as well! It would be soo fantastic.

Comment

Not trying to get away from the topic, but I'm clueless at what the Jews did! Can someone explain? I naturally hate the Jews! (The ones that have all the power and money in the world).

As far as helping, I can be an extra, no problem. I could be a great actor too. (My job requires a lot of acting [nothing on the TV or movies though])!

Comment

the amenain genocide had nothing to do with the jews. they suffered more then we did. i would like to say thank u for putting our ansetors torment in a film. many people dont know about the armenian genocide and its about ime some1 is going to inform them

Comment

jews,israel, Support turkey,and prevent recognition of armenian genocide,dont u know about it. Hayg,topic-is about Armenian Genocide, and not about jews, so what are u DOING HERE

Comment

Working...
                    X