Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Yushenko Is Against Remembering Armenian Genocide In Crimea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pamooshjian
    They're all just excuses and none are acceptable when you're dealing with crimes against humanity. Would the world at large accept the denial of the alleged jewish adventures of WWII (although they also made a very similar and laughable claim during WWI, which had even more diabolical resons behind it. Also reserved for another discussion) for any one of the above reasons? No they wouldn't and not only would it not be acceptable, it is unthinkable. Number one and two, I can only say that the word "prostitution" comes to mind and France for one could have opted for the number two citing that they would lose lucarative contracts etc etc, but morality took over instead. As for number three, it's funny but "cetain" members of the US congress tried to play that card which you can read about in the article I will provide below.
    It goes without saying that I was not trying to justify the Ukrainian government's decision. It that was the case, then I would have accepted the existing status quo. I obviously don't.
    I was trying to explain and understand the reasons or motives of such a conduct. It does not mean that I agree or consider it justifiable. Even a jury who condemns tries to explain and understand.
    In any case, I would not call them excuses, they are perceived as valid reasons by those who care little about Justice and Humanity.

The simple answer although not absolutely, is most probably yes. The reason being that it would be less likely that the individual in question would be acting in the intrests of a "third party". You will understand what I mean by that after reading the article I post below.
    Many know that I'm a "though client." You did not convince me! I don't think that such high level decisions depend on the speaker of the parliament. The amount of resistance to international/external pressure may be more or less depending on a group of individuals at the top, almost never on a single - or a couple of - individual(s.)

Hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder who that "third party" might be.

Anyway, I know you understand what I'm getting at and in my opinion, it's no coincidence that more often than not, the individuals who are most opposed to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide, turn out to be of the "chosen" variety. I really can't explain it, but it's not what they do that gives them away, it's the way they go about it. In most cases I can tell if they're doing it for money as in the case of Burton (it was very obvious that he was going to get paid a substantial amount of money), and I can tell if there's more than geo-politics, economical incentives (for the country they are "supposedly" representing, such as the Ukraine in the case of Deich and the US in the case of Lantos) or turkish belligerence which is laughable in regards to the US. Plus I know that they wouldn't be in favor of the recognition of the AG, even if you paid them ten times what Burton was paid. It's as if their life is on the line, but actually more like their whole tribe is being threatened and that part I do understand very well. How does the recognition of the AG threaten their tribe? Well, that's for a whole other discussion, but I will say that it's not about turkey and their alliance or anything of that sort.
    The situation in the US is different. The US economy is too "massive" and a country like TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey would have no impact. The US needs a watch dog, hired professional mad dogs. Again, I'm not justifying the US stance on the Armenian Genocide.
    I think that there's a gradual shift towards some Arab countries and the Kurds. That would weaken TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey's geo-political role in the region.

Lantos is known to be a scum. He has a long track record! Lantos is not the only US legislators assuming such a role and most of them are WASPs.

PS. For the record, I was not trying to belittle or underestimate the role that Israel and the Jewish lobbies have played and still play in the denial of the Armenian Genocide.
    Last edited by Siamanto; 07-02-2005, 10:30 PM.
    What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
      I was trying to explain and understand the reasons or motives of such a conduct.
      Me too, however I understood Deich's motives as soon as I found out he was from the "chosen" tribe, as they only have one motive and I will reiterate, it's not due to their alliance with turkey. It's something much deeper which the mere thought of scares the hell out of them. Even if they had no relationship of any kind with turkey today, do you know how devestating world recognition of the AG would be to them? Hey, when the "chosen" call the "attempt" of Italy to recognize the Armenian Genocide "anti-semitism", wouldn't everyone find that rather......strange, to say the least?

In any case, I would not call them excuses, they are perceived as valid reasons by those who care little about Justice and Humanity.
      I could say the same things about the turks and how they percieve genocides as not doing something wrong, but something that is their right, which is valid enough reason for them. I still see them as excuses.

Many know that I'm a "though client." You did not convince me!
      No problem, I'll just have to try harder. Although I'm not really a good salesman, my products usually sell themselves, cause it's all good stuff.

I don't think that such high level decisions depend on the speaker of the parliament.
      But it's funny how they're always ready and willing to try their utmost, usually going to great lengths as though it's their sworn duty and it probably is.

The amount of resistance to international/external pressure may be more or less depending on a group of individuals at the top, almost never on a single - or a couple of - individual(s.)
      That's why they have been more successful in the US as we know there are more than just a couple, wheras in the Ukraine, it seems like there's only a single "chosen" unit voicing opposition for the sake of his tribe.

The situation in the US is different. The US economy is too "massive" and a country like TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey would have no impact. The US needs a watch dog, hired professional mad dogs.
      The economical factor having no impact on the US economy goes without saying. My statement was in regard to the "national security" that Lantos was referring to and I know he wasn't referring to a fear of losing a watchdog. I distinctly remember talk about how US citizens in turkey would be in danger, which again, is just a flimsy excuse and the jews have also used that as an excuse also now and then. We most certainly know that turkey attacking the US is something only a turk could imagine, so we know for certain that isn't the "national security" issue. Latos' motives were neither national security, nor the watchdog.

I think that there's a gradual shift towards some Arab countries and the Kurds. That would weaken TEMPORARILY SO CALLED Turkey's geo-political role in the region.
      I can't see this happening as long as the chosen tribe is dug in deep.

Lantos is known to be a scum. He has a long track record! Lantos is not the only US legislators assuming such a role and most of them are WASPs.
      And again, the difference is their motives. The chosen units have the exact same motives that are common to all of them regardless of what country they are supposedly representing. The non-chosen units motives differ from one to the other exept for the bible thumpers I suppose, who also believe in the chosen fables of how God is a part time real estate agent.

PS. For the record, I was not trying to belittle or underestimate the role that Israel and the Jewish lobbies have played and still play in the denial of the Armenian Genocide.
      I know.
      [SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]"First and foremost, terror is for us a part of the political war appropriate for the circumstances of today...” — Yitzhak Shamir[/COLOR]ZE][/SI]

Comment

It seems to me that we do not necessarily disagree in our views, but in our focus and interests.

I was trying to understand and explain the Ukrainian government's actions and their impact on our interests; you were trying to understand the Ukrainian parliament speaker's motives and maybe their impact on our interests.
        I was trying to understand and explain the US Administration's/legislators' actions and their impact on our interests; you were focused on the motives of some members and maybe their impact on our interests.

etc. etc.

I can't see this happening as long as the chosen tribe is dug in deep.
        I wouldn't be so sure...we are already seeing some - still not too significant - changes.

PS. I agree that many Jews constantly "whine" about the uniqueness of their sufferings and think no other human/ethnic collectivity deserve similar/equal attention . I agree that we shouldn't back down.
        Last edited by Siamanto; 07-04-2005, 01:20 PM.
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
          It seems to me that we do not necessarily disagree in our views, but in our focus and interests.
          I would agree about the focus thing, which is only normal since we are two different people who think for ourselves. I'm not so sure if we disagree on our intrests, uneless you will settle for mere recongnition without compensation and return of lands.

I was trying to understand and explain the Ukrainian government's actions and their impact on our interests; you were trying to understand the Ukrainian parliament speaker's motives and maybe their impact on our interests.

I was trying to understand and explain the US Administration's/legislators' actions and their impact on our interests; you were focused on the motives of some members and maybe their impact on our interests.

etc. etc.

I wouldn't be so sure...we are already seeing some - still not too significant - changes.
          I have heard this from others, both recently and in the past when Klinton was no longer prez. We all know that the Klinton administration was full of chosen units and we were given the inpression that GW's administation would be chosen free, but it turns out that this isn't the case. Most recently, the man put in charge of homeland security is from the trible of the chosen units.

PS. I agree that Jews constantly "whine" about the uniqueness of their sufferings and think no other human/ethnic collectivity deserve similar/equal attention . I agree that we shouldn't back down.
          Back down? Brother, I'm talking about launching a full scale offensive both on their holohoax and on their denials of the AG, plus their involvement in it. That will most cetainly get their undevided attention as well as be useful in making people more aware of the AG and the chosen tribe will give us and the AG, all the free publicity we could ever want. Plus as a bonus, you will see how the chosen tribe can change from cool, calm and collective, to total panic.
          [SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]"First and foremost, terror is for us a part of the political war appropriate for the circumstances of today...” — Yitzhak Shamir[/COLOR]ZE][/SI]

Comment

Working...
          X