Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Non-Armenian writers on Armenian genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Armenian writers on Armenian genocide

"THE FORGOTTEN ARMENIAN GENOCIDE" BOOK TO BE PRESENTED IN JAPAN

YEREVAN, AUGUST 11, ARMENPRESS: Japanese professor Hiroyusi Segava decided to present his work "The Forgotten Armenian Genocide" throughout all Japan. In parallel with the presentation of the book he is going to organize traveling exhibitions which will present materials symbolizing Armenia.
    A senior official from Armenian Development Agency Mushegh Sargsian said the author applied to the Armenian side for providing him materials such as pictures of Ararat, Armenian manuscripts as well as the Armenian mythology and materials on Armenian national dresses for presenting them in the traveling exhibitions. The mentioned materials will be presented till September 26 in Expo 2005 Nature's Wisdom world exhibition in Japanese town of Aichi.
    M. Sargsian said in general only people in Tokyo and some other major Japanese countries have idea about Armenia. This initiative will promote the spreading of information about Armenian genocide and Armenian traditions in Japan. Segava's work was presented first in Armenia in 2005 and was awarded memorial medal of Armenian Genocide by the Armenian president.

Kuwaiti writer on Armenian Genocide

Kuwaiti writer Ahmad Al Rabe'e has published an interesting article in the 25th April 2005 issue of the well-known Saudi international daily "Asharq Alawsat". Below is a translation of the article from Arabic:

Commemorating the Armenian Genocide

It is already the 90th anniversary of one of the most brutal mass annihilations in the history of mankind: the Armenian Genocide, a chain in a series of crimes against humanity, involving many peoples: massacres against J-ews, Kurds, Palestinians and Armenians.

A short while ago was the anniversary of the Holocaust, the crime that Hitler committed against the J-ews. Newspapers, radio and TV stations conducted many interviews and discussions on the subject of Holocaust. It is true that our human duty is to express solidarity with the J-ewish victims of Nazism, but it is pity that human beings are still selective, even when it comes to the past: for example the killings of the J-ews have become an international event, commemorative monuments are erected and museums for the victims are built, acts that are required indeed. But what about the Armenian Genocide? Why this appalling silence every year? Why the Turkish insistence on not publicly apologizing to the Armenian people, although the current Turkish generation is not guilty and the apology would be for a historical crime, all of whose victims and perpetrators have passed away by now.

I am used to write on the occasion of the Armenian Genocide. I am also used to receive every time a letter from the Turkish Embassy in Kuwait, in which an attempt is made to explain the Turkish point of view, running away from self-confrontation and telling the truth.

(P.S. it's about time we removed the word J-ew from our auto-censor system... it's very annoying!)

Comment

Observations of an Iranian famous writer, Seyed Mohamad Ali Jamalzadeh

http://www.ourararat.com/eng/pics/jamalzadeh_pic.jpg

Seyed Mohammed Jamal Zadeh, the famous author and the innovator of Persian modern story–writing, The writer of “Once upon a Time”, “Lunatic Asylum” and “The Water's Way” and… books, crossed from the land of death and murder, exactly in the days that Ottoman Armenians were vagrant in the deserts and the Demon of death plumaged on them. He wrote his observations under the title of “My personal observations In world war one”. He emphasis that what is written in this chapter, is all the things and the events that he Personally saw them and saw them for oneself. He left Berlin for Baghdad in Spring of 1915, first went to

Istanbul and then Aleppo and Baghdad, and returned from the same way.

" We moved from Baghdad and Aleppo towards Istanbul by hand-cart and cart. From the first day’s of our journey, we met many groups of Armenians, which strangely were unbelievable, and the Turkish armed and rider gendarmes drove them (on foot) towards death and perdition. First it made us very surprised, but little by little we fall into the habit. That even we did not look at them, and indeed it was hard to look at them.By the hit of lashes and weapons, they drove forward hundreds of weeping weak and on foot Armenian women and men with their children. Young men weren't seen among the people, because all the young men were send to the battle fields or were killed for precaution (joining to the Russian army). Armenian girls had shaved all their hairs, and were completely bald, let not Arab and Turkish men annoy them. Two-three gendarmes by the hit of the lashes, drove this groups forward, like cattle. If one of the captives because of tiredness and weakness or accident, was remained behind, he was kept back for ever (he was killed.), and the groaning of his relatives were useless. So step by step, we saw Armenian men and women who were fallen near the road and they were dead, or they were giving life or agony of death. Later we understood that some of the young residents of that area had not kept honor of some Armenian girls who were dying or had died in order to satisfy their lust. Our way was in the direction of Western Bank of Euphrates, and everyday we saw the corpses in the river, which the river carry them with it. One night from these nights, we lodged in a place which was relatively habitable, and we could buy a lamb from the residents and cut its head and grill it. We disembowel the lamb near-by and it was a green liquid, like a liquid pottage (soup). Suddenly we saw a group of Armenian, which the gendarmes lodged them near to us, fell on the green liquid and ate it with guzzle and greedy. It was a sight which I will never forget it. Again, another day we lodged in a place, which a big caravan from the same Armenian under the control of Ottoman ride police were staying there. An Armenian woman with dead face and figure, came near to me, and with French language said: ”for God’s sake, buy this two diamonds from me and instead give me some food, because my children are dying from hunger.” Believe! that I didn’t took the diamonds, but I gave them some food. Even our food , little by little draw to an end, but yet there was several days to reach Aleppo, we encounter distress. We reach Aleppo and lodged in a big guest–house, its name was “Prince guest-house”, and the owner was an Armenian. Frighten as something, he came to us and said, Jamal
      Pasha entered Aleppo, and lodged in this guest-house, I’m scared that he will arrest and kill me, and seize the guest-house. By entreat and implore he wanted from us to go to Jamal pasha who was known as cruelty, and mediate. He said you are honorable people and maybe your mediate be effective, but it remained ineffective, and after hours it was revealed that the Armenian man was arrested and was send to Beirut and its suburbs, it was known that, a big shambles was made there. In short, we had a strange days, It was like a very frightening nightmare, which sometimes dominates me, and it saddens and persecutes me.

Geneva
      14th January, 1971 Seyed Mohammad Ali JamalZadeh."

What you red was a summery of JamalZadeh’s observations from Armenian massacre in Ottoman Turkey.

Comment

Very cool. All of it. But the Kuwaiti writer is wrong in one thing: my great grandmother is still alive.

Comment

Working...
        X