Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkish politician loses first appeal against Swiss racism conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish politician loses first appeal against Swiss racism conviction

[That's probably why jurks are so actively fuming today! Siamanto.]

Turkish politician loses first appeal against Swiss racism conviction, says lawyer
    The Associated Press
    Published: June 20, 2007

LAUSANNE, Switzerland: An appeals court has confirmed the sentence against a Turkish politician convicted of racism for denying that the early 20th century killing of Armenians was genocide, his lawyer said Wednesday.

Laurent Moreillon said Dogu Perincek, the leader of the Turkish Workers' Party, lost his first appeal at a court in the canton (state) of Vaud, where a lower tribunal in March convicted and ordered him to pay a fine of 3,000 Swiss francs (US$2,450; €1,870).

Perincek, who was also given a suspended penalty of 9,000 francs (US$7,360; €5,600) and ordered to pay 1,000 francs (US$820; €620) to an Armenian association, had repeatedly denied during a visit to Switzerland in 2005 that the World War I-era killings of up to 1.5 million Armenians amounted to genocide.

Moreillon said Perincek would now appeal to the Federal Tribunal, Switzerland's supreme court.

The case was seen as a test of whether it is a violation of Switzerland's anti-racism law to deny that the Turks committed genocide in the killings. The legislation has previously been applied to Holocaust denial.

The case has caused diplomatic tension between the Alpine republic and Turkey, which insists Armenians were killed in civil unrest during the tumultuous collapse of the Ottoman Empire and not in a planned campaign of genocide.

Turkey has called the case against Perincek "inappropriate, baseless and debatable in every circumstance."

What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Re: Turkish politician loses first appeal against Swiss racism conviction

Never, this just first step. Perincek will goto Europa Human Right Courts finally and he want evidence about so called Armenian Genocide from Switzerland. This time, Switzerland goverment must evidence all illegal Armenian Genocide law. Switzerland will never do evidence / show anything to Court and will be canceling this law in Switzerland. Wait and see this movie. Illegal Armenia laws will be canceling all from recongnized countries.

Comment

Originally posted by prot9999 View Post
      Never, this just first step. Perincek will goto Europa Human Right Courts finally and he want evidence about so called Armenian Genocide from Switzerland. This time, Switzerland goverment must evidence all illegal Armenian Genocide law. Switzerland will never do evidence / show anything to Court and will be canceling this law in Switzerland. Wait and see this movie. Illegal Armenia laws will be canceling all from recongnized countries.
      I don't think Europe will do this kind of thing against switzerland witch is more powerful than turkey will ever dream to be. And do't count on Europe because Europe is very anti-Turkish, the ordaniry people don't like you

Comment

Originally posted by prot9999 View Post
        I don't agree. See, Perincek seems to jump from cause to cause for the sake of self promotion. One day he supports the PKK, the next he is against it. One day it is Marxism, the next islam. Everyone who knows of him is now seeing more clearly that he is full of xxxx and that any cause he attachs himself to must be full of xxxx too. He will do more to promote the Armenian Genocide that and Peter Balakian or Vahakh Dadrian could ever hope to do. I wish there were more like him.

Comment

Dogu. Seems to be an apt name.

Comment

Dear fellows

This law promotes nationalism in Turkey and so many political figures want to be charged by this law in order to gain political power. But Armenians who live in Europe and America think that perpetrators are being punished. It works exactly the opposite way. Unfortunately, the people of Turkey have become more nationalist than ever before because of the fact that Kurdish uprising is going on even though it has been stopped. You can only consume yourself by hating Turks as you are hardly mentioned in their daily life unless somebody has been charged by a court in Europe. Even this event does not last 5 minutes for anybody to move on a different subject. In reality, military power draws borders, not human rights or political demands. Turkey has always had an overwhelming military power in its region even at the time the empire was about to collapse therefore Armenians or anybody else can not impose what Turkey needs to do. This is the harsh reality whether you like it or not. I have read dozens of books regarding Armenian treatment and deportation either support it or claim otherwise. Overall, there is no serious evidence to indicate that this was genocide, Even though I felt terrible when they were mistreated by soldiers or government officers. If it was genocide we have to accept it but to accept this we must have a court verdict issued by an international court. Without this verdict, we will probably talk about this subject a few century more and gain nothing.

I would love to visit Armenia during my holiday or I would love Armenian people to visit or work in Turkey and share everything we have. But in this political environment, we go nowhere. As we were born in to Middle East communities no matter we live in Armenia, Turkey, Europe or even America and have been lived there for a century

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Monastras View Post
              Dear fellows

This law promotes nationalism in Turkey and so many political figures want to be charged by this law in order to gain political power. But Armenians who live in Europe and America think that perpetrators are being punished. It works exactly the opposite way. Unfortunately, the people of Turkey have become more nationalist than ever before because of the fact that Kurdish uprising is going on even though it has been stopped. You can only consume yourself by hating Turks as you are hardly mentioned in their daily life unless somebody has been charged by a court in Europe. Even this event does not last 5 minutes for anybody to move on a different subject. In reality, military power draws borders, not human rights or political demands. Turkey has always had an overwhelming military power in its region even at the time the empire was about to collapse therefore Armenians or anybody else can not impose what Turkey needs to do. This is the harsh reality whether you like it or not. I have read dozens of books regarding Armenian treatment and deportation either support it or claim otherwise. Overall, there is no serious evidence to indicate that this was genocide, Even though I felt terrible when they were mistreated by soldiers or government officers. If it was genocide we have to accept it but to accept this we must have a court verdict issued by an international court. Without this verdict, we will probably talk about this subject a few century more and gain nothing.

I would love to visit Armenia during my holiday or I would love Armenian people to visit or work in Turkey and share everything we have. But in this political environment, we go nowhere. As we were born in to Middle East communities no matter we live in Armenia, Turkey, Europe or even America and have been lived there for a century

Thanks
              (just registered yesterday, was looking for a good thread to jump into)

First of all, I don't really believe that Turkish politicians use the aforementioned law to gain political support and Perincek is not the best example when it comes to credibility. He's desperately looking for a solid foundation to save his sorry career.

Also Turkey has her own laws restricting freedom of speech and it's worser than the others because of the fact that it's completely subjective and flexible - insulting to Turkishness based on what? No fixed criterias=trouble.

And uprising of nationalism in Turkey can not be explained in a single paragraph, though one can claim it has started to act as the cohesion ideology of Turkey after the collapse of Ottoman Empire. There is a distinction between being a patriot and being a nationalist. Although the era of nation-state is about to end, not every country experienced the same simultaneously, thanks to ever-changing factors(geography, type of goverment etc...)

One last thing - about your claims of genocide("no serious evidence to indicate that this was genocide"): Buckle Up!

Comment

Originally posted by Monastras View Post
                Dear fellows

Thanks
                Oh great. Just what we needed. Legible bullshyt.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                  Oh great. Just what we needed. Legible bullshyt.
                  Monastras, dont write so long. These are not Armenians anymore, after 90 years they turned to illiterate cowboys. Whatever you will will write will get reacted as "oh bast.rd, jerk, moron, idiot,..." by them. Dont try to be reasonable or sophisticated. They can not understand it and do not deserve.
                  Dont be too much complicated for them, just vote for the poll. Oh, yeah!!!

Poll Options
                  When I read a turdish post,
                  I am mildly amused!
                  I am in histerics!
                  I am mildly annoyed!
                  I am really irritated!
                  I feel lucky that at least I'm not hearing their vomit-inducing "so-called" language!
                  I am a turd (Armanians racist, Turkey love everybody peoples, Europa is racism)
                  Last edited by exfo; 06-24-2007, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Monastras shouldn't be writing at all and neither should you.

SIKTIR

Comment

Working...
                    X