Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turks Massacre Armenians Of Ismid -nyt19150903

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turks Massacre Armenians Of Ismid -nyt19150903

From Armeniapedia.org

TURKS MASSACRE ARMENIANS OF ISMID

September 3, 1915

London, Sept. 3- A dispatch to the Exchange Telegram Company from Athens says:

"Travelers arriving from Constantinople announce that on Friday last Turks burned the town of Ismid and massacred a large number of the Armenian inhabitants."

Ismid lies at the head of the Gulf of Ismid in Asia Minor, about fifty-six miles southeast of Constantinople. It has been the residence of both Greek and Armenian Archbishops. Its population is about 25,000.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Martyrs Of Anatolia

The Turks can not regain the confidence and respect of the civilized world until they repent sincerely of their crimes and make all restitution in their power.

First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by neutral
      Excuse me I would like to question the credibility of this "book".

A book the use language that describes the Turks as;

"great anti-Christ among the races of men."

" b]
      Did not the Turks cleans Asia minor from her Christian subjects thats something only "Anti-Christ" would do.
      [QUOTE=neutral]
      Let me endeavor, very briefly to sketch, in the rudest outline what the Turkish race was and what it is."

"It is not a question of Mohammedanism simply, but of Mohammedanism compounded with the peculiar character of a race."

[b]Is not a neutral book, especially if it refers to Muslims as Mohammedans.[/

Thats an old term used in the west to refer to islam,not used in a derogatory way.But i'm not moslem dont even know if you are taking exception one or two words does not in any way negate the truths that are in that book.
      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Nutral
        PS. I can destroy the very thing that alot of Armenians believe in, that is Christianity in my next post. (Its something to do with Christ) dont test me.

Didn't know you had feelings about christianity

Ulan, the devil himself couldn't do that you think you can !

Mr. know it all,You sound very childish and immature.

Cok bilen cok yanilirmis (one who claims to know alot's often mistaken)
        Because one who truly knows alot realizes how much he doesn't.
        First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

mesina-Medina clerical error your nitpicking

Contradiction,punkridiction so what?
          You should be ashamed thretining to spread gossip about holly man like John the baptist.
          First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

What is this have to do with the living god?
            Religion is a personal choice it cannot be forced or legislated to people.
            No ones trying to convert you
            Believers believe not by sight but by faith.

Love and Faith is the key to it.
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

My posting "Martyrs of Anatolia" have served a purpose,After all it made some of you to read the Holly Bible even though it was only to find contradictions in it.
              First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Thank's?
                I'll keep that in mind!
                First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by neutral
                  The only purpose that so called "Book" has served is to spread Anti-Islamic lies.

PS. I've been reading the Bible and the Quran for years. The Quran makes up what the Bible lacks. I believe that once upon a time the Bible was divine but that is history now. In the mean time its been corrupted and tainted, therefore its invalid.
                  And now Turks are denying our bible
                  But one thing I don’t understand is; why are you guys wasting your time with such ignorant people like us?

Comment

Reincarnated, according to our belief we believe all the books sent by God.

But we also believe that Gospel was sent to Prophet Jesus, and it was distorted after Jesus. This is our belief, I know most of the Christians do not admit Qur'an is word of God. ANd this is their belief, otherwise they would be Muslims. But we also believe that the words of Truth (Hak) remains in Bible. So it is logical not to defame Bible as a whole. There are certain things in Bible that we cant accept. This does not mean we deny Jesus or Bible as a whole. This is not our topic, so I wont go into details.

Originally posted by Reincarnated Am
                    And now Turks are denying our bible
                    But one thing I don’t understand is; why are you guys wasting your time with such ignorant people like us?

Comment

Working...
                    X