Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians burnt alive by Turkish Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenians burnt alive by Turkish Soldiers

A1+ The most urgent and objective information from Armenia. News, videos, live streams/ online/. Politics, Social, Culture, Sports,interviews, everything in a website

RMENIANS BURNT ALIVE BY TURKISH SOLDIERS”

[02:51 pm] 24 October, 2008

more images

Recently, the Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute’s efforts towards collection of new data on the Armenian genocide have experienced great success with the enrichment of AGMI’s collection of documentary photographs. The most recent discovery is a photo testifying of the Armenian Genocide and in particular the massacres of the Armenian population in the region of Mush.

The photograph has been acquired by the AGMI and was captured by Russian soldiers on the Caucasus front in 1915. It portrays the remains of the Armenian villagers who were burnt alive during the massacres of Mush.

This photograph is one of a kind. It is one of the well preserved photos discovered in an album called, “Album of refugees” published in Tiflis (1917). The album is consisted from 62 unique photos that demonstrate the events of the Armenian Genocide. However, only a few of the original 62 have survived and most of them are in dire conditions.

Nonetheless, the authenticity of the “Album of refugees” is demonstrated through the validity and great condition of this unique photo. On the back of this picture is a quote in Russian stating; “Armenians burnt alive in Sheykhalan by Turkish soldiers”. Furthermore, the photo is marked with the number 74, which indicates the existence of a larger collection of photographs captured by Russian soldiers during WWI.

Hence, the AGMI is adamant in locating the remaining photos of this collection which will sturdily assist the Institute’s efforts to demonstrate the complete picture of the first genocide of the 20th century.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

After reading and re-reading this several times, I get what they are trying to say. They have discovered an original photograph that is the same as a photographic image reproduced in the 1917 "Album of Refugees" book. But a photograph is not "one of a kind", only the negative used to print it is "one of a kind". .

More importantly, perhaps - why are NONE of the images in that book, which are taken in named locations at a known date, ever used to document the genocide? All we seem to see are the usual suspects, the same photos that are trotted out time after time, with unknown dates, unknown photographers, unknown locations, and sometimes even used by Turks to depict Turks killed by Armenians.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      and sometimes even used by Turks to depict Turks killed by Armenians.
      Now, we know that never happened dont we. Maybe just a few Turks killed here and there and definately by Russian soldiers.

Does any Armenian Genocide book have pictures of Turks killed by Armenians? Very curious, since all Genocide scholars unlike Turkish historians are not self righteous I wouldnt be surprised to know such books or publications do exist.

Comment

Originally posted by hitite View Post
        Now, we know that never happened dont we. Maybe just a few Turks killed here and there and definately by Russian soldiers.

Does any Armenian Genocide book have pictures of Turks killed by Armenians? Very curious, since all Genocide scholars unlike Turkish historians are not self righteous I wouldnt be surprised to know such books or publications do exist.
        Doubtless, some turks were killed by Armenians during the Genocide years, an insult however to try to equate the two.

As regards photographs, there are, I would guess none or very few, as any Armenians killing turks would have been acting defensively and not to a premeditated plan as the turks were. Many atrocities carried out by turks in Armenia were photographed as "trophies", we can see this from the expressions on the faces of the turks. Similar, in fact, to the photographs taken by the turks' ready pupils, the Nazis, in Eastern Europe 25 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
          ... an insult however to try to equate the two.
          Would never do that... you should know by now .. where did you get that impression.

All I was trying to say was this: since there is general acceptance that thousands of Turks were also killed, do the unbiased Armenian historians (who dont have the "Armenian Cause" as their main agenda) publish photographs of dead Turks too?

Hell, are all the "Turks slaughtered by Armenians" photographs fake???

Comment

Originally posted by hitite View Post
            Would never do that... you should know by now .. where did you get that impression.

All I was trying to say was this: since there is general acceptance that thousands of Turks were also killed, do the unbiased Armenian historians (who dont have the "Armenian Cause" as their main agenda) publish photographs of dead Turks too?

Hell, are all the "Turks slaughtered by Armenians" photographs fake???
            Hitite, apologies straight away, I was surprised when I read your post, I probably need to reread a few times to get your drift, I should know by now, again apologies friend.

Comment

Working...
            X