Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Urgent Action Regarding Rep. Jane Harman-- Armenian Genocide Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Action Regarding Rep. Jane Harman-- Armenian Genocide Resolution

How about all the Armenians in her district who have mistakenly voted for her??

Armenian Genocide Resolution -- Urgent Action

Rep. Jane Harman Secretly Seeking to Kill Armenian Genocide Resolution (H.Res.106)

Los Angeles Area Activists Urged to Take Action In a shocking development, sources on Capitol Hill reported today that Los Angeles area Member of Congress Jane Harman, while publicly serving as a cosponsor of the Armenian Genocide Resolution, is in fact working aggressively behind the scenes, alongside the Turkish government, to defeat this human rights legislation.

Please take a moment to contact Rep. Harman’s office today.

1) By phone – Please Call (202) 225-8220 and ask for Foreign Affairs Staffer Jay Hulings.Sample Phone Script:
    [The phone will be answered by a receptionist. Ask to speak to Jay Hulings, the aide that handles foreign affairs for the Congresswoman. Whether you speak to this assistant or leave a written or voicemail message, please state your name and then share the following points.]

* I am calling to express my sharp disappointment with the Congresswoman’s betrayal of her commitment to support universal recognition of the Armenian Genocide.

* Learning of her secretive opposition to the Armenian Genocide Resolution (H.Res.106) is particularly troubling given her longstanding public support for this human rights legislation.

* I am deeply troubled by her hypocrisy and wanted to tell you that I will be sharing this sad news with my friends and family in her district.
    [Close your call by asking for a written explanation of the Congresswoman’s reversal.]

2) By email - Go to http://www.house.gov/harman/contact/email.shtml to send Rep. Harman a message - choose your words wisely.

3) SEND AN ANCA WEBFAX

Herman wrote a letter to House Foreign Relations Committee Chair Tom Lantos Wednesday urging him to withdraw it from consideration, and announcing that she will oppose the very resolution she affixed her name to. Excerpt:

My father was a refugee to the United States from Nazi Germany. I understand the consquences of ethnic and racial persecution, and am comitted to fighting and condemning acts of genocide wherever they occur. That is why I agreed to cosponsor H. Res. 106. I am convinced that a terrible crime was committed against the Armenian people. That crime should be recognized and condemned.However, following a visit to Turkey earlier this year that included meetings with Prime Minister Erdogan, the Armenian Orthodox Patriarch and colleagues of murdered journalist Hrant Dink, I have great concern that this is the wrong time for the Congress to consider this measure.Due to my security focus in the House, I have made 18 trips to the Middle East region over the past 14 years and am persuaded that Turkey plays a critically important role in moderating extremist forces there. Given the nature of the threat, I believe it is imperative to nurture that role -- however valid from the historical perspective, we should avoid taking steps that would embarrass or isolate the Turkish leadership.

Sent my webfax and passed it along to several friends. Thanks for posting. What a freaking idiot she is. The child of a Holocaust survivor, she should be ashamed of herself...

She's in a class w/ David Duke as far as I'm concerned...

Comment

Armenian Youth Federation
      Western United States

104 North Belmont Street, Suite 206, Glendale, California 91206
      Phone: (818) 507-1933 Fax: (818) 242-3442
      [email protected] www.ayfwest.org

PRESS RELEASE
      For Immediate Release: October 7, 2007

AYF and ANC Confront Genocide Denier
      Congresswoman Jane Harman

Click Here And Scroll Downwards To Watch The Video

Los Angeles, CA - "With pride and patriotism, members of the Armenian Youth Federation (AYF) confronted Congressman Jane Harman (D-CA-36) this weekend for her immoral role in the denial of the Armenian Genocide. It was discovered this week that the Congresswoman, while publicly endorsing H. Res. 106 (the Armenian Genocide Resolution), had secretly authored a letter on October 3, 2007 urging the Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee to kill that very same bill.
      "Jane Harman ought to be ashamed," commented Vache Thomassian, a member of the AYF Central Executive. "She ought to be ashamed for her rank hypocrisy. She ought to be ashamed for her double standard on human rights. And she ought to be ashamed that as a daughter of a man who came to America as a refugee from Nazi Germany, she is now willing to turn a blind eye to genocide for the sake of political expediency. Shame on Jane Harman," Thomassian added.

The AYF members, joined by ANC supporters, challenged Harman's position at a public event held in Lakewood, California on Saturday, October 6, 2007. Nearly a 100 AYF members were on hand, the Armenian Americans spoke truth to power by directly confronting the Congresswoman for her hypocrisy. Specifically, the AYF members shared that her deceitful actions are profoundly immoral and fall far beneath even the most basic ethical standards that her constituents in California's 36th Congressional District have a right to expect. With chants of "Hypocrite, Liar, Genocide Denier," the AYF members highlighted Harman's ethically challenged effort to defeat the Armenian Genocide resolution.

Over 1,000 human rights supporters from across Los Angeles County have contacted Harman's offices in California and Washington, D.C. to criticize her decision to oppose the Armenian Genocide Resolution. Her constituents have called Harman to express their sharp disappointment with her betrayal to support universal recognition of the Armenian Genocide. Having learned of her secretive opposition to the Armenian Genocide Resolution, many voters in her Congressional District question Harman's dedication to the truth. Constituents found the Congresswoman's actions particularly troubling given her longstanding public support for this human rights legislation.

Founded in 1933, the Armenian Youth Federation (AYF) has grown to become the largest and most influential Armenian American youth organization; with chapters throughout the United States and affiliated organizations around the world. Inspired by our past and motivated by the needs of the future, the AYF actively strives to advance the social, political, educational and cultural awareness of all Armenian youth.

###

PHOTO CAPTION: AYF Members head to a public gathering to confront genocide denier Rep. Jane Harman.

PHOTO CAPTION: Rep. Jane Harman panics and leaves the microphone as AYF members confront her opposition to H. Res. 106.

PHOTO CAPTION: AYF member Sanan Shirinian holds a sign in front of Rep. Harman that reads "Jane Harman, Hypocrite, Liar, Genocide Denier."

source

Comment

Californians should immeadetly start a recall campaign against this obnoxious politician,that refuses to represent the real interest of her constituente!
        Do you hear me AAA,ANCA,AIpac!
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Harman- Liar, hyprocrite, and a warmonger.

I can't tell you who will win the next election for the House of Representatives for California - District 36, but I can definitely tell you who will not win.. and who's career as an elected official may come to an end soon.

She's a neo-con and her kind are rapidly losing their grip anyway. She should have never been elected in the first place.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Recall :jane "i'm Not A Denier" Harman Now!
            "All truth passes through three stages:
            First, it is ridiculed;
            Second, it is violently opposed; and
            Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

I couldn't get the Jane Harmon video to come up. For those with the same difficulty, it can be seen here:

Jane Harman caught secretly working against the H.RES.106 Armenian Genocide Resolution while being a Co-Sponsor for it! Hypocrite, Liar, Genocide Denier!

Comment

Azerbaijan

Karabakh is Armenian Lands!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jalil View Post
                  Karabakh is Armenian Lands!!!
                  You're right jalil!
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X