Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nune Yesayan-Dile Yaman Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nune Yesayan-Dile Yaman Clip

Go to the Video section on top
    Make sure you are sitting when you whatch this!

"All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

I watched ararat. That was good. Thanks.

Comment

Nalbandian is the first Argentine to make the final

David Nalbandian struggled to come to terms with his achievement after making it through to the final on his Wimbledon debut.
      The 20-year-old beat Belgium's Xavier Malisse in five sets to become the first Argentine to make it to the All England Club finale.

Gamewatch: Malisse v Nalbandian

I played against my coach and juniors and I kept losing

David Nalbandian
      He is also the first player in the Open era to reach the final on his tournament debut.

"For me this is a dream," said the 20-year-old, who had never even played a competitive grasscourt match on the ATP tour before his first-round match last week.

Three years ago he left Wimbledon in tears after being defaulted in the semi-finals of the boy's tournament after turning up late for his match.

Pressure gets to Malisse
      Now he faces a final against Australia's world number one Lleyton Hewitt on Sunday.

"This is very great for me, I cannot describe this," he said.

Nalbandian can barely believe that he is in the final

"This is the best win of my life and I don't have too much time to celebrate, but I'm going to enjoy this feeling for a little bit.

"When we arrived, I said to my coach that if we reached the third round that would be a great tournament.

Photo gallery: Malisse v Nalbandian
      "I even told my mum that I would be home in the second week and now I am in the final."

Nalbandian, who won the first title of his career earlier this year on clay at Estoril, has only limited experience of grass.

Fighter

"It's incredible," he said. "I was supposed to play my first grasscourt event in Nottingham two weeks ago but I injured my leg, but I got some practice on grasscourts in Argentina.

"I played against my coach and juniors and I kept losing."

He lost in his only previous meeting with Hewitt, but after a Wimbledon that has been full of upsets he is not writing off his chances of victory just yet.

"It will be tough," he added. "When I played Lleyton in Barcelona he played really well. But on Sunday it is a final, you never know what will happen.

"I come from Armenian stock and we are fighters."
      Attached Files
      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Nalbandian nets the biggest fish

The Times November 21, 2005

From Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent, in Shanghai

AS FISHERMEN’S tales go, this one would take some swallowing at David Nalbandian’s local haunts in Córdoba. Their man becomes the first Argentinian to win the Masters Cup, interrupting Roger Federer’s streak of 24 consecutive final victories after a match in which he comesomes from two sets down, surrenders a 4-0 lead in the fifth set along the way, survives Federer serving for the match and wins the concluding tie-break with the stadium reverberating to chants for his opponent. Then he collects his, £800,000 prize-money, climbs into a sparkling silver Mercedes and rides off into the Shanghai sunset. Wait a minute that is not the way it was supposed to happen.

Nalbandian was heading off on a fishing expedition with friends ten days ago before he got the call to jump on a plane to China, the 12 twelfth-best player asked to join a tournament that had been cut off at the knees by injuries, accidents and pregnancies. To win the event was not part of the deal.

But the minute this gifted Argentinian arrived here, he became the epitome of the dark horse on a medium-fast paced court that felt as if it had been made to his specific design, his great gift of turning defence into attack, his wonderful eye, and his cunning movement. And so now, on the back of his 6-7, 6-7, 6-2, 6-1, 7-6 victory, he is the world’s sixth finest player.

For Federer, the whole episode it is difficult to swallow. A man grown accustomed to winning almost every tournament he enters, came to this one the two-time defending champion not sure if he could last one match, let alone five. He won his semi-final 6-0, 6-0, but taking the last steps on the right ankle he hurt so badly six weeks ago proved a burden too immense.

Nalbandian had made Federer work for every point he earned in the first two sets. Indeed, the Argentinian had three points to snatch the second set tie-break, one from which you could not avert your gaze for fear of missing something incredible. Instead of clinching it 13-11, releasing him to surge through in straight sets, the toll taken on Federer’s courageous decision to come here, all the appearances, fanfests, and the adulation, rendered him immobile.

He served his first two double faults in the first game of the third set and by the end of the fourth, he could not win a point to save his life. Nalbandian’s level rarely changed the whole four hours and 36 minutes of the match as he clubbed his backhands down the line, he used the drop shot to bruising effect, returned audaciously and attacked with a radar’s precision. Only when he trailed 4-0, 30-0 in the final set, staring a potential humiliation in the face, did Federer’s instincts take over.

It was the equivalent of Mr Nice Guy lashing out. What was the point of going down ingloriously, when gloriously was a far more attractive proposition? And so Federer clawed his way back, one pained step at a time, until he was not only level but ahead, serving for the match at 6-5. It was an extraordinary effort but it was not enough, for Nalbandian, the former Wimbledon finalist, stuck tenaciously to his guns, fashioning another drop shot and then thumping a backhand winner to take it into the tie-break that he claimed 7-3.

The only other time in his career that Nalbandian had fought back from such peril had been on Wimbledon Centre Court in the middle Saturday this year, when a precocious kid called Andy Murray played two sets of such splendour the crowd were thinking they had witnessed a mirage. The force of Nalbandian’s comeback that day still hurts the Scot, much as the pained look on Federer’s face was evidence of how much he hates to lose.

“There was big, big fatigue,” he said. “The leg was killing me. Actually what I have achieved here this week, is one of my greatest results in all the circumstances. I am proud of the way it has turned out, I didn’t believe I could come this far, so on the human side, this is a really big tournament for me.”

For Nalbandian, it is proof, if it were needed, that there is a grand-slam champion lurking within. Ivan Ljubicic had said before their round-robin meeting that Nalbandian never won the big matches, so why should their meeting be any different? Nalbandian brushed aside the Croat aside, won his semi-final in straight sets and yesterday, landed the biggest fish catch of his life.
        Attached Files
        First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

It's the best moment of my life, says Nalbandian

It's the best moment of my life, says Nalbandian
          11-20-2005, 15h07
          SHANGHAI (AFP)

David Nalbandian lifts the Masters Cup trophy after defeating Roger Federer 6-7, 6-7, 6-2, 6-1, 7-6 in the final of the Masters Cup in Shanghai. Argentinian Nalbandian declared the victory as the best moment of his life.
          (AFP)

David Nalbandian was celebrating the best moment of his life after upsetting world number one Roger Federer to win the Masters Cup final.

Nalbandian also said he was "lucky" to win the see-sawing final after going two sets down against the world number one on Sunday.

"Of course," said the Argentine when asked if it was his happiest moment.

"More important is the way that I won. It's really incredible to play this kind of match in a final against the number one in the world. He didn't lose many matches in the year so it's really important."

Nalbandian, seemingly out of it after losing two tie-breakers, outlasted the two-time defending champion to win 6-7 (4/7), 6-7 (11/13), 6-2, 6-1, 7-6 (7/3) after a marathon four hours and 33 minutes.

He broke Federer when the Swiss was serving for the match before winning the final tie-breaker, becoming the first Argentine to win a year-ending tournament in 31 years.

"I got lucky today to win because it was very close," said the world number 12. "A very, very close match but all the times we play together it's the same."

Nalbandian, whose mother was watching in Qi Zhong Stadium, said the victory could prove a breakthrough after amassing only four titles in a five-year career.

"Of course it's given me a special feeling to win like this and of course for the next important matches and big moments I will be different in the future," he said.

The 23-year-old, who was packing for a fishing trip just a few days ago when Andy Rodxxxx pulled out injured, thanked the American and said he would go ahead with the delayed holiday.

"I'm going fishing, don't worry," he said.

Comment

Armenian Duduk Music Proclaimed Masterpiece Of Oral And Intangible Heritage Of Humani

ARMENIAN DUDUK MUSIC PROCLAIMED MASTERPIECE OF ORAL AND INTANGIBLE HERITAGE OF HUMANITY

Armenpress
            Nov 29 2005

YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 29, ARMENPRESS: On November 25 in Paris Armenian
            duduk music was proclaimed by the Director-General of UNESCO, Koichiro
            Matsuura, as a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritages of
            Humanity together with traditional Indian performances of the Ramayana,
            the Ramlila, Japan's Kabuki theatre, the Zambian Makishi Masquarade,
            the Samba of Roda (Brazil) and 38 masterpieces.

That was UNESCO's third proclamation of Masterpieces of the Oral and
            Intangible Heritage, an international distinction destined to raise
            public awareness of the value of this heritage, which includes popular
            and traditional oral forms of expression, music and dance, rituals
            and mythologies, knowledge and practices concerning the universe,
            know-how linked to traditional crafts, as well as cultural spaces.

The 43 new masterpieces were proposed to the Director-General by an
            18-member jury chaired by Princess Basma Bint Talal of Jordan. The jury
            met from 20 to 24 November to examine 64 national and multinational
            candidatures. A total of 47 masterpieces were proclaimed in 2001
            and 2003.

Twenty-seven of them have already benefited from UNESCO's support,
            particularly from safeguarding operations which received financial
            assistance from Japan.

This third proclamation will probably be the last. In 2003, UNESCO's
            General Conference adopted the Convention for the Safeguarding of the
            Intangible Cultural Heritage. It stipulates that a Representative
            List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity be created,
            alongside a List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent
            Safeguarding. The Convention will enter into force shortly, once 30
            States have deposited their instruments of ratification, acceptance,
            approval or accession, which has already been done by 26 States.

Duduk is an Armenian woodwind instrument. Over its long history it has
            slowly spread to neighboring countries and is also known as the mey
            in Turkey, the duduki in Georgia, and the balaban in Azerbaijan. The
            duduk's roots can be traced back to 1200 B.C. but cannot be found in
            the Arabic world unlike many instruments. This implies that it is a
            truly Armenian instrument. The duduk is usually a melody instrument
            playing against a backdrop of a drone, sometimes played by a second
            duduk known as the "dam".

Often its music is accompanied by the Dhol drum.

The duduk has been used in many western-made films, notably, it has
            been used in film soundtracks for "The Last Temptation of Christ",
            "The Crow" and "Ronin".
            Attached Files
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Ceremonies /Armen Chakmakian