Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

No Rabiz Pleaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Rabiz Pleaze

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    Finally, a reference, though implicit, to the beautiful medieval music of Armenia.

Agree.
    We couldn't limit the selection to only Medieval music (personally I wouldn't mind).

Here is a modern adaptation of Armenian Medieval Music (thanks to Armenian's promotion) ... I know you guys do not get along....irrelevant when it comes to music. It is a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      Finally, a reference, though implicit, to the beautiful medieval music of Armenia.
      Agree.
      We couldn't limit the selection to only Medieval music (personally I wouldn't mind).
      A reference - explicit or not - is quite different from "limiting (the selection") to the referenced; what do you think?

Here is a modern adaptation of Armenian Medieval Music (thanks to Armenian's promotion)...It is a masterpiece.
      Thanks. I listened; it is a shame that the interpertation is far from being masterful???

I have seen him live a couple of years ago and it was a real disappointment: his interpretation is flat, devoid of soul, characterless and uninspiring; as for his stage presence - or the lack of it - there's a lack of interaction/dialogue/communion with the audience.
      I was - as seemed the audience - far more pleased by Anoush Barclay's interpretation - both quality and warmth, accompanied by Hye Ensemble (shown below) - I enjoyed Hye Ensemble.

Some tracks from Volume 2 of "The Music of Armenia" - for those who do not own the multi-set
      1. Bazoum yen ko gtoutyunk - a 5th Century sharakan by Mesrob Mashdots
      2. Our es mayr im - Composer and period unknown
      3. Chinar es - Composer and period unknown
      4. Der Voghormya - music attributed to Nerses Shnorhali, lyrics are from the 18th Century.

... I know you guys do not get along....irrelevant when it comes to music.
      Putting Armenian and music in the same sentence, I'll say that he inspires to some of us what rabiz music inspires to you; we don't all develop an appreciation for vulgar individuals and rabiz neighborhood bullies. Such is life!
      Last edited by Siamanto; 10-20-2007, 02:32 PM.
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

far more pleased by Anoush Barclay's interpretation - both quality and warmth, accompanied by Hye Ensemble
        Siamanto the two can not be compared. One is an "Ensemble" with traditional instrument and classical approach the other is a folk singer.
        They both are excellent in their own ways.

Putting Armenian and music....
        I like Armenian. The differences you have are personalities. Like it or not, other than the "racial" awareness by Armenian you both have the same ideologies. Allow me to say ... you are a "Zorro" and he is a "Rambo".
        No offense.

Comment

Allow me to say ... you are a "Zorro"...
          Err, allow me to say ... he is more like a "Zero"...

I was also at the New York City concert he was referring to. It was an April 24th commemoration concert organized by Naregatsi.

Had I only known that my arch-nemesis was there ...

Vahan did sound flat that night but it was because he did not have his band with him. He performed solo in an auditorium that was not ideal for acoustic guitar. And that Anooosh Barclay singer sucked...

Siamanto will hate anything I like, he will oppose anything I say. He is obsessed by me. I'm afraid he is so deranged that he will even hate himself if I start saying nice things about him
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have seen him live a couple of years ago and it was a real disappointment: his interpretation is flat, devoid of soul, characterless and uninspiring; as for his stage presence - or the lack of it - there's a lack of interaction/dialogue/communion with the audience.
            I was - as seemed the audience - far more pleased by Anoush Barclay's interpretation - both quality and warmth,
            Siamanto the two can not be compared. One is an "Ensemble" with traditional instrument and classical approach the other is a folk singer

They both are excellent in their own ways.
            Enjoying one more than the other does not mean that their "approaches" are/were being compared; just curious, what gave you that impression? I'm sorry that you got confused.

The bottom line is that, folk singer or not and regardless of my appreciation of other musicians, his interpretation is flat, devoid of soul, characterless and uninspiring; as for his stage presence - or the lack of it - there's a lack of interaction/dialogue/communion with the audience.
            There are folk singers who sing playfully, with a lot of soul, style and character, and have a stage presence. You find him excellent, I consider him a disappointment; is that conceivable???

I like Armenian.
            I understand; different people have different sensitivities, likes and dislikes. Some like scum, others don't; those are facts of life. As I said, "we don't all develop an appreciation for vulgar individuals and rabiz neighborhood bullies."

The differences you have are personalities. Like it or not, other than the "racial" awareness by Armenian you both have the same ideologies. Allow me to say ... you are a "Zorro" and he is a "Rambo".
            No offense.
            1. What "racial" awareness?
            2. Just curious, what do you see in Zorro and Rambo and how are they the same? Once you clarify yourself, I'll let you know if I agree with your comparison. In the meantime, unfortunately, I cannot know/guess what you exactly mean.
            Last edited by Siamanto; 10-21-2007, 10:24 AM.
            What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Siamanto I am really not interested to be in the middle of this banal arbitration. My mistake for mentioning both of your names in the same post.
              I made myself very clear where I stand and not interested in justifying my views. I will stick to music in this thread.

Comment

Ruben Haxvedian

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Siamanto I am really not interested to be in the middle of this banal arbitration. My mistake for mentioning both of your names in the same post.
                  Azad, you brought up the issue and I replied. What else did you expect?
                  "Arbitration?"

I made myself very clear where I stand and not interested in justifying my views. I will stick to music in this thread.
                  Yes, you "made yourself very clear" as for your likes, and I said that I understand that some may like/appreciate scum and rabiz bullies; can you understand that others don't? What else can I say, what else did you expect?

As for your views, I'm afraid that they're far from being clear or clarified - there's an essential difference between stating a view and clarifying it.

"Arbitration," "justify:" interesting choice of words? You don't have to "justify your views" - by the way, how about "explain" instead of "justify?" In a conversation or a discussion, participants clarify their views to allow and facilitate communication, not necessarily to justify them.

Comment

What is your input on White Aryanism? What's his?

2. Just curious, what do you see in Zorro and Rambo and how are they the same? Once you clarify yourself, I'll let you know if I agree with your comparison. In the meantime, unfortunately, I cannot know/guess what you exactly mean.
                    You will be surprised to know how smart and similar views you both have. The difference Siamanto you are anal in your approach you are the "Zorro" in communicating. You don't like to "kill" only put a fking Z on someone while he is a straight shooter if he doesn't like you he will have bullets all over you. Good enough?

Comment

What is your input on White Aryanism? What's his?
                      Are you saying that those who are neither deranged enough nor a redneck "trailer trash" to believe in naive stupidities like "White Aryanism" do not have "racial awareness?" No offense, but, I would have expected a more sensible reply: that is a bit absurd, to be polite.

You will be surprised to know how smart and similar views you both have. The difference Siamanto you are anal in your approach you are the "Zorro" in communicating.
                      Please humor us a bit more: expressions of his ignorance, illiteracy, vulgarity, hideous morals and intellectual mediocrity are spread all over the forum.

You don't like to "kill" only put a fking Z on someone while he is a straight shooter if he doesn't like you he will have bullets all over you. Good enough?
                      Wow! It's becoming amusing; what a redneck/rabiz mentality! May I suggest that you grow up and/or become a bit less funny/silly and/or more mature/sensible?
                      In any case, so far, our rabiz neighborhood bully, apparently, only managed to shoot himself while aiming at me.

Good Night!
                      Last edited by Siamanto; 10-21-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X