Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Review: Quarantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Quarantine

I had decided to make review threads specifically for films that deemed worthy. This film definitely is worthy; I feel like I have sinned and this is my private confession.

My sister and brother-in-law decided they'd like to see a movie and invited my girlfriend and I. They told us to meet them at the movie theatre and we'd decided on a movie there. I hate doing this because you're usually left with some of the worst options. I quickly checked online and realized Body of Lies was going to play at 11 and it was already 10pm. On my way, they told me Body of Lies was at 11:40, so our only option was Quarantine. I decided since they invited us, I shouldn't bother arguing. I should have held a fight, actually.

I had only seen minor previews and heard a few sentences about this movie. As we sat down, I quickly realized there was a baby in the movie theatre. Yes, a baby. Probably a year old, who had just started walking. Who in the world would bring a baby to a movie theatre? The bad part? He/She was directly in back of me and began standing up and shaking my chair and touching me. Great parenting! The child's first film is... this.

After the baby started crying and yelling, I thought to myself, "Great, this baby is going to ruin this film!" The baby didn't have to because the movie did that for itself.

Quarantine is the type of movie I wouldn't wish on someone I hate to see. Surprisingly, the film is 89 minutes but I could have sworn it was an hour or two longer. This movie isn't even a movie. It's what my film professor calls the "unsteady cam" being used throughout every single second of the movie. We open with a young female news reporter who is on a "field trip" to a fire station. When a call is made in the middle of the night, we follow them to an apartment in Los Angeles. We discover a woman on the second floor is "biting" tenants and shortly thereafter one or two people get injured. As they try to rush them to a hospital, they realize police have locked them inside the building and they become trapped. The sad part is we're dealing with rabies. This movie quickly turns into a gore-fest as "zombie-like" creatures rush at the camera. Unfortunately, the camera is bouncing around so much, we only see their legs/parts of their face until we plummit down and the camera is yet again flipped over like a horrible rollercoaster.

The film is ultimately too dark/too bouncy to even realize what is going on. I cringed when the man killed an infected tenant with his camera. Not because it was gruesome, but because the audience actually clapped! I quickly shouted, "People are actually clapping for this?!" The film lacks plot which is an understatement. I wish I could speak about the acting but apparently there is none. The dialogue is poorly written -- if there even was a script. It seems like a bunch of college kids grabbed a camera and threw a film together. How it received so much attention is beyond me; probably because of the one or two visual scenes they used in the trailer. For every other scene, it's too difficult to see what is going on. This movie is a lame attempt at "Cabin Fever" which is ultimately the same exact story. Suddenly, the baby was the least of my worries and scared me more when she hit my chair than this film ever did.

Save your money, save your dignity, save your patience. If you want to kill yourself, see this movie. It's almost as bad as The Wicker Man, but that was much slower and made me seriously contemplate suicide. Don't see this film, I feel guilty for contributing to the opening weekend which ultimately beat out Body of Lies.
    Last edited by One-Way; 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM.

Re: Review: Quarantine

Thanks for the heads up. Yesterday, me and a few friends were actually discussing watching this movie... I sure as hell won't anymore. These shaky camera films with unseen mutants are getting old, the last one I enjoyed in a long time was Cloverfield. The trailer does look good but then again, that's what the trailer's job is
    Last edited by Federate; 10-12-2008, 10:47 AM.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Yeah, please, don't watch it.

I was surprised critic's reviews weren't in the negatives when I read them. Some people may like this type of film, hence the clapping, but they were all a bunch of kids. I can tell you once it finished, everybody was laughing at what they just saw. They couldn't believe they put themselves through such a mess.

Comment

Sometimes you really wonder why make nonsense movies
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
          Sometimes you really wonder why make nonsense movies
          That's such an astute comment.

Comment

Working...
          X