Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

System of A Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: System of A Down

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Basically....

One sign says "No Armenians or Yews are allowed through this door"

The other sign says "Dogs are free to come in"
    By "Dogs" I think they mean "turks", especially the stupid ones which are the grand majority.

Comment

• Re: SOAD and a controversial matter in Turkey

Originally posted by Folk View Post
      I want to ask a question dwelling in my mind.

SOAD (System of a Down) is an Armenian band as far as I know, a few members of it may be non-Armenian, I don't have much information about them.

In Turkey it is said that this band made a banner on which "Turks and dogs are not allowed" is written hung up in a concert. Because of this, SOAD is hated so much. Yet, there is a great number of SOAD fans in Turkey. This fact makes fascists so furious and they regard Turkish SOAD fans as villain.

But then I heard that that banner was made by some fascist Armenians, not SOAD members. Even SOAD members attempted to leave the concert when they saw the banner, but they were convined to go on.

Now I want to ask you what the truth is about that incident. The concert was in 2005 as far as I remember.

Peace...
      Friends, nobody haven't replied my question totaly yet. Let me ask again by quotating my first post in this topic. Do you know this incident? What's the truth? Is it true or just a lie made up by fascist Turks in order to throw dirt on SOAD? Or is it true but that banner was made by fascist Armenians, not SOAD?

Comment

Originally posted by Folk View Post
        Friends, nobody haven't replied my question totaly yet. Let me ask again by quotating my first post in this topic. Do you know this incident? What's the truth? Is it true or just a lie made up by fascist Turks in order to throw dirt on SOAD? Or is it true but that banner was made by fascist Armenians, not SOAD?
        Don't you get it? It's an obvious lie. We posted for you the REAL version of events through a picture taken in Turkey which said "Armenians and Jews not welcome; Dogs allowed".
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
          Don't you get it? It's an obvious lie. We posted for you the REAL version of events through a picture taken in Turkey which said "Armenians and Jews not welcome; Dogs allowed".
          Some users just said that they didn't know about it. I just wanted to repeat my question in order to get more answers.

Yes, I saw that picture. And I feel shame at this becuse I am living on the same territory with those fascists..

Comment

I met Shavo a few years ago. My friend dragged me to Ozzfest and I didn't protest because the ticket was no expense, although many of the bands featured were mall-metal weaksauce.
            Nevertheless SOAD put on a memorable show, and I had never been a fanatic but was always at least intrigued by them (mixed overall feelings--some of their albums were solid--others not so much).
            Anyhow...a few hours after their set was finished, my boyfriend at the time and myself were in a long line waiting to get some lemonade (all beverages were $5! wtf).

I remember protesting, "this sh*t better have THC in it if I'm paying five dollars to drink it" and a tall/thin/bald/goatee'd guy in front of us in line turns around, laughs and replies with "I hear that!" I then realized it was the bassist I had seen onstage a few hours previous, mainly identifiable by the long, braided goatee and unusual height (I would say around 6'5").
            I wasn't quite starstruck, but tickled that I shared a spontaneous b*tchfest over lemonade with System's bassist...who was in fact, pretty attractive in my book

Comment

Originally posted by TheSARSVolta View Post
              I met Shavo a few years ago. My friend dragged me to Ozzfest and I didn't protest because the ticket was no expense, although many of the bands featured were mall-metal weaksauce.
              Nevertheless SOAD put on a memorable show, and I had never been a fanatic but was always at least intrigued by them (mixed overall feelings--some of their albums were solid--others not so much).
              Anyhow...a few hours after their set was finished, my boyfriend at the time and myself were in a long line waiting to get some lemonade (all beverages were $5! wtf).

I remember protesting, "this sh*t better have THC in it if I'm paying five dollars to drink it" and a tall/thin/bald/goatee'd guy in front of us in line turns around, laughs and replies with "I hear that!" I then realized it was the bassist I had seen onstage a few hours previous, mainly identifiable by the long, braided goatee and unusual height (I would say around 6'5").
              I wasn't quite starstruck, but tickled that I shared a spontaneous b*tchfest over lemonade with System's bassist...who was in fact, pretty attractive in my book
              Thats a pretty cool story. SOAD guys seem pretty cool in rl from what i have heard so far.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

he seemed rather subtle and soft spoken...but no doubt a nice guy

Comment

• System of a Down

They plan to go on a comeback tour in 2011…

System of a Down Reunites
                  November 19, 2010 | 14:13

System of a Down rock band intends to reunite and go on a comeback tour in 2011.

The rock band intends to give a concert on June 6, 2011 in Paris, says the official blog of Francis Zégut, host of the show “Pop Rock Station”, a program broadcasted on French radio station, Blabbermouth.net website reported.

Earlier Serj Tankian, former frontman of the group, said that at the wedding of group’s bassist Shavo Odadjian they discussed numerous offers to play shows. “We have not made any decisions as of yet as to what we’re gonna do. But when we do, it’ll be quite obvious,” the source quotes Tankian.

System of a Down was formed in 1995 in Los Angeles by 4 musicians of the Armenian origin Serj Tankian (lead vocals, keyboards, rhythm guitar), Daron Malakian (vocals, guitar), Shavo Odadjian (bass, background vocals) and John Dolmayan (drums). In May 2006, the band announced they were going to take a very long break.

Earlier this year Serj Tankian gave a concert in Yerevan.
                  Last edited by SevSpitak; 12-04-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Re: System of a Down

What do you guys think of SOAD's personal creations since the "indefinite hiatus"/breakup of the band?

Comment

PLAYING AGAIN!!!! It doesn't matter where you are from.... if you're of Armenian blood, that trumps all else (i.e. geographic origins/residence, religious views, political stances, etc.). All the Armenians of today need is more division to continue to weaken our culture & heritage. If you are perpetuating this type of thinking, the genocide has surely been accomplished and the Turks have succeeded.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

European Dates Announced
                      Hello All,

We are excited to announce that System will be playing some dates together in 2011.

We also want to thank you for your loyalty and support, not only to System Of A Down, but to all of our solo efforts as well. We have no master plan of sorts - we are playing these shows simply because we want to play together again as a band and for you, our amazing fans.

The list of dates and on-sale information for these shows is below.

We look forward to seeing all of you!

Peace,

System Of A Down

6/2/11 - Italy, Milan, Milan Fiera Arena (on-sale Dec 1 @ 10am)
                      6/4/11 - Germany, Nurnberg, Rock im Park (AVAILABLE NOW)
                      6/5/11 - Germany, Nurburgring, Rock am Ring (AVAILABLE NOW)
                      6/6/11 - France, Paris, Omnisports de Bercy (on-sale Dec 14 @ 10am)
                      6/9/11 - Switzerland, Interlaken, Greenfield Festival (on-sale Dec 1 @ 10am)
                      6/11/11 - UK, Castle Donington, Download Festival (on-sale Dec 3 @ 9am)
                      6/13/11 - Austria, Nickelsdorf, Novarock (AVAILABLE NOW)
                      6/15/11 - Germany, Berlin, Wuhlheide (on-sale Dec 1 @ 9am)
                      6/17/11 - Sweden, Gothenburg, Metaltown Festival (on-sale Dec 2 @ 9am)
                      6/19/11 - Finland, Seinajoki, Provinssirock (on-sale Dec 1 @ 9am)

Comment

Working...
                      X