Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

what are you listening to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lagonid hishir sirelis - Harout Pampoukjian

Harout yawww, kezme lave chiga
    Ha, garodtser eyi. Now I'm listening to it.

To be followed byyyyyyyy Nune's "Ton gooka verevits".

Comment

• tarkan - gulumse kaderine ( murar matthew erdem remix)

i dont really care what you guys think of me listening to turkish music, i find it to be absolutely beautiful, i am open to all sorts of music, no matter what language or ethnicity is from. If its appealing , then i will listen to it. Music is universal, it has no bounderies.

if your going to give me crap about what the turks did to us, and that its really bad to listen to, then maybe you should think about a big fact , which is that 90% of rabiz music (jhoxortakan music) you guys listen to are all originally turkish songs that armenian singers stole and slapped on armenian lyrics to. And im not even talking about old songs , i mean new and original songs that belong to some of the new pop stars in turkey.

Some of these stupid rabiz singers say that there great grandfather would sing the song, so its armenian. Bullxxxx, it doesnt matter if your grandfather sang it, it doesnt make it armenian. My grandparents sang many turkish songs, it doesnt mean its a original armenian song. Cant all you idiots tell between a turkish melody and an armenian one ? they are nothing alike, they are original, unique on there own.

if you dont believe me, i can name the artist these songs belong to, and the songs names, i can even go into the original lyrics lol.

Comment

• Did you just say that you're listening to Tarkan in order to start some sort of controversy? You seem so riled up about it before anyone said anything. You just called everyone idiots without even knowing anyone's opinion. I'm just going to guess that it's "one of those days".

Now, how shocked will you be when I actually tell you that I KNOW that many rabiz songs are based on turkish ones? Best example would be Asatryan's "Sharjir".

Rabiz isn't joghovrtagan. Joghovrtagan is the type of songs sung by Matevosian, Badalian, Hambartzumian and so on. You may be wrong about it, but that still doesn't make you an idiot. Hantardir kich me...

And to keep the post thread-related, I am listening to Alla Levonyan's Hoy Nar.

Comment

• no i simply stated that so all the ignorant people out there dont attack me for it. I made my arguements beforehand

its happened many times before, people are way too closed minded and they attack you for it.

and i was reffering to the idiots, as those who are going to oppose what i said, i wasnt reffering to you.

and most of the jhoxortakan music is played at weddings, christianings parties etc in los angeles, i dont know about canada. im assuming that you guys still listen to old 70s armenian music like harout and junk haha or like addis hahaha

its way different in the states i must say though, then the armenian canadians who listen to other artists, more outdated or either....different.

especially the berutsy canadians who listen to totally different music period. which is usually old favorites , like the names you listend above etc.

Comment

• No, I don't like Adis. Harout is cool though, except when he does that thing with his voice for too long.

Still, Joghovrtagan means folk, and armenian folk music are the songs sung by the artists I named.

I don't know which beirutsi canadians you're talking about, but the ones I see usually listen to Paul and Maxim and the other stooges. Veeeeery rare are the people who listen to Matevosian and the like.

My choice of Armenian music goes from Nune to Datevik to Matevosian to Hakhverdian to newer artists such as Lilit Pipoyan, Gor Mkhitarian and Alla Levonyan. And Tata for kef.

What about you?

Comment

• alla and nune are pretty good. tata is good but his songs all sound the same he has this rhythmic thing in everyone. and although some people dont like him i like aram asatrian

Comment

• tata makes me want to puke

dude maxim is like so 30 years ago haha
                whats wrong with all you out dated berutsy canadians ? hahaha

as for listening to armenian music, i like armenian gregorian chants, old armenian church hymes, armenian jazz, classical armenian music and armenian opera. I also like artists like : michael ganyan -a famous francahye accordion player. Yerso-a frencahye singer and composer . her music is very artistic and experemental, uses duduk, electric guitars, interesting sound affects etc, walking sounds, rain drops. All her music is in the armenian language, but in a older form of armenian because they immagrated a long time ago. I like some of nunes stuff, but it gets boring. I like lusineh Zakaryans old recordings in the etchmeadthzin. I like Gary Kesayans music a lot, his jazz is awesome.

i also like old armenian music from movies like ' ench e axmekoom leecheh (getheh ?)"

old armenian songs etc.

im not into jhorxortakan music, nor rabiz music.

i like more old, artistic music. I also like some of the newer new age electronic armenian music that combines wierd sound affects, artistic mixes with duduk and other instruments
                Last edited by whitelotus; 01-03-2004, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigranJamharian alla and nune are pretty good. tata is good but his songs all sound the same he has this rhythmic thing in everyone. and although some people dont like him i like aram asatrian
                  Ya, Tata songs all have the same beat. Used to make me the first thirty seconds of a song before knowing which one is which.

As for Aram Asatryan, I enjoy listening to Hayer, Hayastan, and Karabakh. LOL, what patriotic titles. And Hye em Yess has become a classic.

What I hate about him is when he takes turkish songs and just translates it directly. Like Sharjir, for example. And sometimes, he does that nasal voice waaaaay too often.

Comment

• rabiz singers try to imatate turkish vocal style, which is totally different from normal armenian vocalizations like the way harout sings, he sings clean armenian vocals

but the new rabiz singers , they all ' kelkelatsnel' the vocals, like the up and down vocalizations of turkish and arabic ( muslim) nation vocal types.

i dont know how to describe the type of singing, but you know what i mean. Armenian vocal is nothing like that, the way they stress certain endings, lift them, or elongate them.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitelotus rabiz singers try to imatate turkish vocal style, which is totally different from normal armenian vocalizations like the way harout sings, he sings clean armenian vocals

but the new rabiz singers , they all ' kelkelatsnel' the vocals, like the up and down vocalizations of turkish and arabic ( muslim) nation vocal types.

i dont know how to describe the type of singing, but you know what i mean. Armenian vocal is nothing like that, the way they stress certain endings, lift them, or elongate them.
                      Understood, trust me.

But vocally, Rouben Matevosian remains UNDEFEATED.

And Yerso is pretty cool actually. Very nice version of Kele Lao, and Yelek was quite something. I'm listening to it now actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X