Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Most Annoying Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Annoying Song

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    Turkish songs where a lot of the times you cannot distinguish whether the singer is a female or a male. Am I right or I'm just being biased, lol.

Everything in the genre of hip-hop, R&B is usually annoying for me...
    That's because the Turkish artists always sound like they are sad, distraught and crying in their songs. Pansy's
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      That's because the Turkish artists always sound like they are sad, distraught and crying in their songs. Pansy's
      Sad, crying pansies? That's it!

Here is one of my favourites: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fF3gvDpslw

And I just read the following in his/her biography:

Bulent Ersoy is a Turkish celebrity, born in 1950.
      Bulent was already a popular singer in Turkey when he travelled to England to have a sex change in 1981, becoming a woman yet retaining the traditionally male birth name of Bulent. Under a crackdown on "social deviance" by then Turkish leader Kenan Evren, Bulent was banned from public performances and was also refused a court petition to have her sex re-classfied as female. Ersoy left entertainment in protest until 1988, when changes in the Turkish legal code allowed for MtoF transsexuals to be legally classfied as women. Bulent returned to recording, and actually became even more popular as a female vocalist than she had been as a man.

In 1998, Bulent caused controversy again when she married her 27-year-old companion, Cem Adler - yet the controversy was over the 20+ age difference between them, not the fact that Bulent had once been a man. The couple divorced a year later after Bulent caught Cem with a call girl.
      Last edited by Lucin; 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

LOL, at least it's not just Armenians that are suffering from an identity crisis
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Your typical attitude. A few times I read your Bulent Ersoy obsession in the posts and It's clear that the reason her transexual identity (deep research for adding biography - photos, .. ).Otherwise you could choose other turkish-kurdish arabesque singers for this thread.

You forgot to add one of her character :

Famous transsexual singer Bülent Ersoy is acquitted of the accusation of “alienating people from military service”, which she faced for her words during a TV show that if she had a son she would not send him to the war with the PKK in the east.

“I have the right to express my opinions freely”
          Ersoy defended her position by saying that she was demanding solution rather than dying to solve the problem at hand and she also added that she had the right to express her opinions as an artist who was born and raised in Turkey and paid her taxes.

“If it is treason or alienating people from military service to ask for solution rather than death, then that is simply a matter of understanding. I am here because I was misunderstood.”

http://bianet.org/english/freedom-of...litary-service

Shortly, she is still a proud of some people .If you like to categorize the people so much , you shouldn't be angry when someone say anything to you : dear conservative and obsessive lucin .
          Last edited by garod; 06-10-2009, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Turkish songs where a lot of the times you cannot distinguish whether the singer is a female or a male. Am I right or I'm just being biased, lol.
            Just being biased. I don't remember listening to a Turkish song and not being able to determine the gender of the singer. Maybe there are a few exceptions, which I haven't encountered or don't remember, but you present it as if it is the general case with Turkish songs.
            Why do you need to connect everything with Turkey, Turks, Turkish Culture, etc? That gives the impression that you are morbidly obsessed with Turks.

Comment

Originally posted by garod View Post

Famous transsexual singer Bülent Ersoy is acquitted of the accusation of “alienating people from military service”, which she faced for her words during a TV show that if she had a son she would not send him to the war with the PKK in the east.
              What's more disturbing is that somebody took her words seriously.... she doesn't have a son and she used to be a man. That's like me saying "If I gave birth to a cow, I wouldn't let it be slaughtered".

Mind you how painful it would be for me to physically give birth to a pebble let alone a cow

Comment

What's more disturbing is that somebody took her words seriously.... she doesn't have a son and she used to be a man. That's like me saying "If I gave birth to a cow, I wouldn't let it be slaughtered".

Mind you how painful it would be for me to physically give birth to a pebble let alone a cow
                Ha Ha! It's clear that nobody should take your words seriously.
                Last edited by garod; 06-10-2009, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Everything in the genre of hip-hop, R&B is usually annoying for me...
                  I couldn't agree with you more.

Talk about Ebru. lol, Total man voice. She's one of those Turkish singers that you have to constantly listen to over and over again to finally realize that she's not a man.

Comment

Mind you how painful it would be for me to physically give birth to a pebble let alone a cow.
                    I tell you what KndHye, to put it in a serious note perspective, although it's painful to give birth to a human being child; but everything's go so fast that once you give birth the feelings become so rewarding and sweet that any pain associated with it would be not only bearable but becomes happy and rewarding... especially when you give birth to a healthy child of yours.
                    Last edited by Anoush; 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Your typical attitude. A few times I read your Bulent Ersoy obsession in the posts and It's clear that the reason her transexual identity (deep research for adding biography - photos, .. ).Otherwise you could choose other turkish-kurdish arabesque singers for this thread.

That's because he/ she is the most known among all.

Shortly, she is still a proud of some people .If you like to categorize the people so much , you shouldn't be angry when someone say anything to you : dear conservative and obsessive lucin .
                      Relax. Nobody is categorising people. It's those 'people' who tend to categorize themselves and we just see them for what/ who they are…

Originally posted by seruven View Post
                      Just being biased. I don't remember listening to a Turkish song and not being able to determine the gender of the singer.
                      LOL, because you are a Turk. I'm serious.

Maybe there are a few exceptions, which I haven't encountered or don't remember, but you present it as if it is the general case with Turkish songs.
                      Like it or not, it is much more frequent in your country and with Turkish songs and singers.

Why do you need to connect everything with Turkey, Turks, Turkish Culture, etc? That gives the impression that you are morbidly obsessed with Turks.
                      Connecting 'everything' with Turkey and Turks? Is it even possible?

Turkish Culture? What is that?

Where the hell do you come up with such stuff?

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
                      I couldn't agree with you more.

Talk about Ebru. lol, Total man voice. She's one of those Turkish singers that you have to constantly listen to over and over again to finally realize that she's not a man.
                      Ebru Gundesh? LOL, true, I had forgotten her.
                      Last edited by Lucin; 06-11-2009, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X