Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Eurovision 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurovision 2010

good news concerning Eva Rivas, wish all the best to her during the contest

Comment

Yeah!!! We were partying to 'Apricot stone' all over yesterday's afternoon after we found out Eva Rivas won!!

We'll rock this year as well! Armenia ftw!

Comment

Thank god she has won. The rest of the candidates were garbage nothing more. And with this song I see a possibility to win the Eurovision this year.
        Last edited by KarotheGreat; 02-15-2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Hi guys...
          I was watching this last night on Հ1 channel. I hated all the entries , and didn't like Eva's entry much either, but I think she was the best. I am also glad Emmy & Mihran didn't win... I guess if Eva improves her stage performance & dress, etc., she can do well, but I don't think it's a song that can give us the win at Eurovision in Oslo. :-(

Comment

Hahaha, I do not know what is funnier, the Turks hating on our song or the Turks claiming that Emmy-Mihran were the top favourites.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            Turkey resentful of Armenia’s Eurovision song

Turkey again makes a racket over song Armenia intends to present at Eurovision-2010 song contest. According to Turkish media, despite the fact that top favorite was Emmy-Mihran duet, eventually Eva Rivas won with “Apricot stone” song. The sources say that the song touches upon Genocide in Ottoman Empire, which perturbs Turks.

The music of the song is by honored RA art worker Armen Martisoryan, lyrics – renowned Armenian poet Karen Kavaleryan, musical arrangement – Ara Torosyan (Murzo). The contest will be held in Oslo, Norway on May 27, 2010.

The lyrics of “Apricot stone” follows:

Many, many years ago,
            When I was a little child,
            Mama told me you should know,
            Our world is cruel and wild,
            But to make your way through cold and heat
            Love is all that you need

I believed her every word,
            More than anything I heard
            But I was too scared to lose my fun
            I began to cry a lot
            And she gave me apricots
            Kisses of the earth, fruits of the sun

Apricot stone,
            Hidden in my hand
            Given back to me
            From the motherland
            Apricot stone,
            I will drop it down
            In the frozen ground
            I’ll just let it make its round

Apricot stone,
            Hidden in my hand
            Given back to me
            From the motherland
            Apricot stone

Now I see the northern stars
            Shining brightly in the storm
            And I’ve got an avatar
            Of my love to keep me warm
            Now I’m not afraid of violent winds
            They may blow
            They can’t win

May the winter stay away
            From my harvest night and day
            May God bless and keep my cherished fruit
            Grow my tree up to the sky,
            Once I waved my home goodbye
            I just wanna go back to my roots

Apricot stone,
            Hidden in my hand
            Given back to me
            From the motherland
            Apricot stone,
            I will drop it down
            In the frozen ground
            I’ll just let it make its round

Apricot stone,
            Hidden in my hand (Hidden in my hand)
            Given back to me (Given, given back to me )
            From the motherland
            Apricot stone
            Hidden in my hand
            Given back to me
            From the motherland.

Originally posted by Sassun View Post
            Hi guys...
            I was watching this last night on Հ1 channel. I hated all the entries , and didn't like Eva's entry much either, but I think she was the best. I am also glad Emmy & Mihran didn't win... I guess if Eva improves her stage performance & dress, etc., she can do well, but I don't think it's a song that can give us the win at Eurovision in Oslo. :-(
            I think we have a good chance this year. She is a quarter Russian, speaks it and born in there which might persuade that country and other former Soviet states to give us more points than usual, in addition to the strong Armenian diaspora there. The Greeks might give us some points too based on her quarter Greek and their general friendliness over the years with Armenia at this event. Traditionally, Armenia Belgium and Czech republic give us douze points each year too so I wouldn't count us out just yet.
            Last edited by Federate; 02-16-2010, 09:29 AM.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Hi Federate...

Well, you have to keep in mind that it's not just the televote that counts... 50% of the vote is from judges, and they have proven to be quite professional in their approach, and not at all taking sides (except maybe for Turkey and Azerbaijan judges). Last year, the judges gave Armenia 15th place out of 25, whereas the televote gave us a *much* better place. We ended up 10th (or something like that)... um, and I am not sure how the division of the votes was, between judges and televote... this year it's 50-50... and somehow I do not think that Armenia's entry will get the judges' votes.... I really think there are *many* great songs that are *far* better than Armenia's, unfortunately. Of course, that is just my opinion, and I'm not saying judges will necessarily agree with me... still, I think the song is pretty lame and childish at times (sorry...)... anyway, it's the best we could have this year... At least we should be grateful it wasn't the disaster called Emmy and Mihran......

Have you heard any of the entries that have been selected so far by other countries?? Denmark? Finland? Cyprus? Norway? Heck, even Albania has a great song this year and a very good singer too.....

Eva's stage performance was very poor... Not only did she stand there like a stick for most of the time or just made some weird movements, but, the other elements on the stage (duduk player, 2 girls, guitar player, piano player), felt separate from one another rather than making up one whole.... it's like everyone was doing their own thing and somehow all those elements had to magically come together.... well, they didn't... this must be one of the poorest stage performances I've seen, even worse than Inga and Anush's performance in Moscow.... I loved the duduk player and what he's wearing, and also the guitar player, but please, let them do something else other than having that duduk guy stand there in the middle and do practically nothing for most of the song.... Also, what the hell were those girls doing? I don't recall hearing them sing (unlike background support voices for *other* countries' performances!!).. either they can't sing out loud, or, the audio setup simply sucks. Or both. (OH, AND, let them PLEASE stop clapping like it's kef time?!?!? That's actually pretty lame). Actually, the whole audio-visuals of the selection contest sucked..... how hard is it to find a professional in Armenia who could do a decent job at this??? The whole thing was so bad that I could clearly hear Eva go off key several times. I don't know whether that means that she's not as good a singer as the others I've heard so far.. or what... I don't know. But that's something that should NOT happen.... also, she was clumsy.. and, the plug (?) she had in her ear fell off during her performance. That's a no-no. Well, that's just my take on this. I hope Eva can get us a good position. At this point I'm more interested in a decent position and not a win. I only wish at least one of the contestants in our national selection was as good as our selection for the Eurovision Junior, Luara.... now *she * is good. No, she is BRILLIANT.
              Last edited by Sassun; 02-17-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Eurovision: Armenia’s Eva Rivas launches website and blog

Eva Rivas, the Armenian participant in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 has launched a new website and blog. Since winning the national final in Armenia, she has been working hard on her upcoming promo tours and presentations.

Karen Kavaleryan, whose songs have represented five different countries at the Eurovision Song Contest (Russia 2002 and 2006, Armenia and Belarus in 2007, Ukraine and Georgia in 2008), arrived in Armenia days ago. During the press conference he stated that Apricot Stone is one of his best songs ever written for the Eurovision Song Contest and he hopes to see Armenia among the top leaders this year.

Eva Rivas’ official website is: http://www.evarivas.com

Eva Rivas’ blog is: http://eva-rivas.livejournal.com

Note: This article, has been posted according to the originating source. ArmeniaNow is not responsible for content, nor for translation.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Good move!

The more I listen to the song the more I like it...! Though I still think it's not Eurovision 1st place material..

Comment

My favorites:

Denmark:
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Finland:
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Cyprus:

Comment

I really hope she doesn't wear that dress!
                      Get high on that sweet stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X