Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The reply came within ten minutes because I was too heated up inside I had to say something.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      Great scene and an overall, a good film. It does feel like a Lifetime film but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. There are so many things about the film to love.
      Really, I didn't find many.

Over the top? Wow, and you would know right? He's currently being pursued by every director possible but yeah, I guess you're right. The Italian Job is a great action film unlike so many of its kind. Wahlberg is a great actor to watch on the screen because of his energy. Sure, I wouldn't rank him up there with the greatest of all the time but he is very worthy.
      Let me make sure I understand you. The great actor you speak of is this guy, right?

Or maybe you should say, I didn't get it. Again, Paul Thomas Anderson is being compared to Martin Scorsese and this film is being looked at as a masterpiece. But yeah, you're right, it's a stupid film and people should "hate" it. I know many people who don't like this film but calling hate to it is absurd. Maybe you should watch it again and read up an analysis of the film to help explain why it's a great film.
      It's my emotion and I can use it if I like. Apparently you have nominated yourself as an expert on absurdity vs. sensibility, I can't argue with that.

I won't bother answering, you obviously hate all of his work.
      Not true. I like Sweet Hereafter (I was being cheeky before) and I do like Ararat. I just didn't like Exotica, it was very silly but not in a funny way but in a melodramatic way.

I love the Woody Allen hate... let me ask you, name one other filmmaker who either wrote or directed a film every year for the past 40 years. I guess it's only fair for every filmmaker to get jealous over his work ethic. It's also wonderful how actors give up their jobs everyday to run to a Woody Allen film. HOW CRAZY THEY MUST BE!

First of all, Scarlett Johannson is one of the reasons why this film clicked. Only she could portray a sexy, American woman who lures a married man away. Do you have any better casting decisions since you're also a talent scout?

Second, Woody Allen was slacking off in the 90s, I agree. But if you think this is one of his only work you can stand, you definitely don't know what you're talking about. Maybe what you don't know is Woody Allen doesn't play himself -- he has developed a neurotic character for the film -- not vice versa. It would suck living a life where you couldn't laugh at Woody Allen's masterpieces.
      Interesting, I would also love Woody Allen hate, because there are so few of them. Most people (aspiring directors, cinephiles, men, etc.) love to love him and his work. His script and his dialogs are interesting, I admit, however, his constant need to gratify his bruised little-man-ugly-duckling ego by starring with this season's hottest actress "just because I am famous and I can, despite what you may think" stunt is very irritating. I don't care if he created his neurotic person for his film career, it would have been a lot more brilliant if he would have been the just the brain behind the operation not the brain and an appendage.

Regardless of someone's appearance -a typical, predictable, unreasonably narcissistic and one dimensional actor should not plug himself in wherever he may see a possibility but should try to do what he does best- stay behind the scenes and create genius. Same applies to Scarlett, since if it wasn't for her looks there is no way in the world she would have reached her current star status. Same goes for Al Pacino and a dozen more actors, who are character actors. Although, to their defense, some of them play their character actors exceptionally well, others just can't act.

Have you ever wondered why no one has cast Scarlett in a role where she would play an unattractive female? There are a dozen other striking beauties who are fantastic actresses, I can't understand why she is elevated to this status.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthemood
        Let me make sure I understand you. The great actor you speak of is this guy, right?
        That's him! I just wish someone better could have portrayed the character in I Heart Huckabees!

It's my emotion and I can use it if I like. Apparently you have nominated yourself as an expert on absurdity vs. sensibility, I can't argue with that.
        That film has nothing to do with emotion. You obviously know nothing about cinematography. I laugh at the fact that you adored Match Point's cinematography but for PDL... there is no mention.

Not true. I like Sweet Hereafter (I was being cheeky before) and I do like Ararat. I just didn't like Exotica, it was very silly but not in a funny way but in a melodramatic way.
        All you're doing is contradicting yourself. So you like The Sweet Hereafter and you were being "cheeky" before? Really? How in the world could you call Exotica a silly film? Let me guess, you think it's a film about strip clubs.

Interesting, I would also love Woody Allen hate, because there are so few of them.
        There are plenty but mostly people (excluding you, of course) don't like Mr. Allen for legitimate reasons.

Same applies to Scarlett, since if it wasn't for her looks there is no way in the world she would have reached her current star status... Have you ever wondered why no one has cast Scarlett in a role where she would play an unattractive female? There are a dozen other striking beauties who are fantastic actresses, I can't understand why she is elevated to this status.
        Yeah, that's why she broke through with Manny & Lo, right? She was just casted for being sexy.

I have no problem with people stating their opinions in film, in fact, I love it. Scroll up and read your posts... "Hate it" and a bunch of other ignorant comments about cinematography... when you know nothing about the sort! I laugh at the fact that you ask LadySilver if IRON MAN is a better film than THE INCREDIBLE HULK... yet here you are hating on PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON?? Go watch a Michael Haneke film, who doesn't cast any sexy actresses... NAOMI WATTS??

Comment

Woody has some issues with Armenians. I have seen some stupid remarks in his older films. “Will die inhaling next to Armenian” is one of them.

Comment

He has made a reference to Armenians twice.

Comment

He was referencing to ugly Armenian bride in other move. I personally think his overrated.

Comment

Which movie are you talking about?

Comment

After Hours
                  From when the film starts, it takes exactly three seconds to see why Martin Scorsese is a master. The entire film was shot so beautifully; it's haunting in a very light way.

Scoop (Second Viewing)
                  Absolutely hilarious, a very funny film to sit back and watch. Johannson and Jackman are wonderful together.

Sayat Nova
                  I watched this film knowing what to expect and was completely blown away. I don't think my mom and girlfriend quite understood Parajanov's intentions. Very visual filmmaking and a true work of art.

Breach
                  Chris Cooper shines throughout the entire film! Ryan Phillippe takes us for a ride trying to track down a mystery which is built up until the very last moments.

Bullets Over Broadway
                  A choatic film, very real and very natural, about the process of putting together a play on Broadway.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona (World Premiere)
                  My girlfriend and I were invited to the world premiere which took place in Los Angeles on August 4. It was great seeing the cast/crew in person and watching the film with them. I truly believe this is one of Allen's finest works and a hilarious comedy!

Mallrats
                  I've been into Kevin Smith's work since I saw Clerks. This is pretty much a throwback film and at times very funny.

The Darjeeling Limited
                  So much more than I expected! I am starting to love Wes Anderson's filmmaking abilities. Very well written, the directing is absolutely amazing, and such a great comedy to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Inthemood View Post
                    Apparently he is doing something different, because he directed the series on HBO called "In Treatment" with Gabriel Byrne.
                    Wahlberg produces both In Treatment and Entourage... but let me guess, since you say he directs it, he probably does.

Comment

Forgive me, I am mistaken, he's a producer... I don't care for Entourage at all, In Treatment is somewhat interesting, but it is based on an Israeli show, thus nothing original.

Comment

Working...
                      X