Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Which song/band sings your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"SuperGirl" by Reamon

Comment

Originally posted by spiral I saw a ballet under Indiana Arie's "ready for love"

It was beautiful.
      Teehee, you said Indiana.

Comment

haha, I always mix that up...

Comment

Re: Which song/band sings your life?

Originally posted by Jenny Among the things that ppl can connect to,besides the forum, is lonliness and pain. Music has the tremendous ability to relate to all what you've been through.

P.O.D.'s "Youth of the Nation" sums up the reality all of us faced.
          Meatloaf's "Life is a Lemon (and I want my money back)" would be a good example.

SO where do u find that strong connection?
          Where you find the strong connection is very strong question.
          What starts the process, really, are laughs and slights and snubs when you are a kid. ... If your anger is deep enough and strong enough, you learn that you can change those attitudes by excellence, personal gut performance.
          My strong point, if I have a strong point, is performance. I always do more than I say. I always produce more than I promise
          No deep and strong feeling, such as we may come across here and there in the world, is unmixed with compassion. The more we love, the more the object of our love seems to us to be a victim...
          I am surrounded with MUSIC.

"Love is friendship set to music"
          I can make you sleep with my NATURE Look

Comment

The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again

Comment

Many would identify with "You Really Got a Hold On Me" by Smokey Robinson.

Comment

Sting - The book of my life

Let me watch by the fire and remember my days
                And it may be a trick of the firelight
                But the flickering pages that trouble my sight
                Is a book I'm afraid to write

It's the book of my days, it's the book of my life
                And it's cut like a fruit on the blade of a knife
                And it's all there to see as the section reveals
                There's some sorrow in every life

If it reads like a puzzle, a wandering maze
                Then I won't understand 'til the end of my days
                I'm still forced to remember,
                Remember the words of my life

There are promises broken and promises kept
                Angry words that were spoken, when I should have wept
                There's a chapter of secrets, and words to confess
                If I lose everything that I possess
                There's a chapter on loss and a ghost who won't die
                There's a chapter on love where the ink's never dry
                There are sentences served in a prison I built out of lies.
                Though the pages are numbered
                I can't see where they lead
                For the end is a mystery no-one can read

In the book of my life
                There's a chapter on fathers, a chapter on sons
                There are pages of conflicts that nobody won
                And the battles you lost and your bitter defeat,
                There's a page where we fail to meet
                There are tales of good fortune that couldn't be planned
                There's a chapter on god that I don't understand
                There's a promise of Heaven and Hell but I'm damned if I see
                In the book of my life

Now the daylight's returning
                And if one sentence is true
                All these pages are burning
                And all that's left is you

In the book of my life

Perhaps that one. Though not any one song can do it (plus there is a lot more happy in my life than this song allows for)...
                Last edited by ckBejug; 03-29-2004, 04:10 PM.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Sting is an excellent lyricist when he wants to be. Such a cool guy.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken Sting is an excellent lyricist when he wants to be. Such a cool guy.
                    I love Sting.
                    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Working...
                    X