Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What are jazzmen really like??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I forgot Frank Gambale.

Comment

First of all, ardenik, you have to relax and not take everything I say so seriously and personally. Secondly, I was not bad company. As a matter of fact I did not want to stick around long enough to be company.

Comment

i left out a couple myself.. Barry Harris (pianist, one of the last remaining from the original NYC bebop scene of the 1940s. played with Bird quite a bit, appears on albums by legends like Lee Morgan, Coleman Hawkins, Cannonball Adderley, Dexter Gordon, Sonny Stitt & tons of others...), Nasyr Abdul Al-Khabbyr (Dizzy Gillespie's drummer for many years)..

i know Nasyr really well. he taught most of my drummer buddies. he's the one that gave Horacio Hernandez his first professional drumset back in Cuba when he was just a prodigy kid playing on boxes..

You tell me these people are assh0les, u don't know anything of what you're talking about man.... nothing at all
        Last edited by ardenik; 04-12-2004, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken
          Most of them are assh0les. There are very few accomplished jazz musicians that are not.
          Now being a jazz musician, you are calling me one of two things: a) unaccomplished; b) an assh0le.

Seeing as how you have not the slightest clue about how accomplished a musician i am, we can safely dismiss a)....

& seeing as how you have never met me & have no clue whether i'm an assh0le or not, we can safely dismiss b).......

Seeing as how we can safely dismiss a) AND b), we can dismiss YOU and ANYTHING you have to say...

Comment

Originally posted by ardenik
            Now being a jazz musician, you are calling me one of two things: a) unaccomplished; b) an assh0le.

Seeing as how you have not the slightest clue about how accomplished a musician i am, we can safely dismiss a)....

& seeing as how you have never met me & have no clue whether i'm an assh0le or not, we can safely dismiss b).......

Seeing as how we can safely dismiss a) AND b), we can dismiss YOU and ANYTHING you have to say...
            You tell him who's boss, tiger!

Ahem, sorry to butt into your passionate debate, hehe.

Comment

this is not a debate, flames..... this is me telling this dude, who i THOUGHT had a pretty valid opinion about jazz (see Oscar Peterson thread: http://forum.armenianclub.com/showthread.php?t=2415) that he should look inwards before criticizing the general community of jazz musicians of the world..... & he should watch what he's saying & who he's saying it to..

Comment

this is not a debate, flames..... this is me telling this dude, who i THOUGHT had a pretty valid opinion about jazz (see Oscar Peterson thread: http://forum.armenianclub.com/showthread.php?t=2415) that he should look inwards before criticizing the general community of jazz musicians of the world..... & he should watch what he's saying & who he's saying it to..
                And this is me telling you that he's merely trying to get a rise out of you, and succeeding.

Comment

well if a rise is what he wants, then a rise is what he's getting... if he would rather be a total dumba$$ than the pretty knowledgeable guy i thought he was back in the oscar peterson thread, then so be it. i enjoy reminding people like this how ridiculously irrelevant their opinions & their very existence is.

Comment

Why is it I can just picture you playing some violent, key mashing tune when I read your last few posts, here?....

Comment

did it ever occur to you that maybe they just didn't think you were very pleasant company?

Naaaaaaaw, that's just perposterous ardenik! Simply impossible, with that dusky charm he is in possession of...

Comment

Working...
                      X