Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

India Arie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Arie.

This woman is the most beautiful singer in the world. Not concerned with the new trend of asss baring xxxx5 who do nothing but shake their tlts in the camera and act like strippers on stage, she has created a new style of music all her own. She sings from her soul and all of her songs are original and to the point. I love the way her music makes me feel. It's like a natural cleanliness that consumes me every time I play her CD. She gives me so much inspiration and so much strength with every line she sings. These magical words of wisdom and courage are something that we should embrace and encourage. Let's get rid of these Britney wanna-be's. As if it's not bad enough to have one, we have to have a stream of them coming from the record companies EVERY DAY!!!!! I am sick of it.

I know that when I have a daughter, I am going to look back at her music and take her words of wisdom to raise her.

Here's one of her songs

INDIA.ARIE - Slow Down

So far from where I started out, so far from where I want to be
    Listening for answers in the wind. But can't find a rock to plant my feet.
    Looking for love in all the wrong places.
    Down on my knees and now I'm praying for patience.
    I know there's gotta be a better way, in the back of my mind I hear my momma say.

Chorus:
    Slow down baby you're moving too fast.
    You got your hands in the air with your feet on the gas.
    You're about to wreck your future, running from your past.
    You need to slow down before you go down baby.

Thinking the faster that I go. The faster (that) I will reach my goal.
    The race is not given to the swift but to the one who endureth.
    I thought that all my obstacles were behind me.
    Walking around like I'm made out of diamond;
    I tripped and fell and it reminded me more over and let my angels guide me.

Slow down, baby you're moving too fast.
    You're about to wreck your futures running from your past.

Sometimes you gotta be still, before you can get ahead.
    Be still, ask the universe for help be real.
    You can't do it all by yourself... Ah, No...No...

Sometimes, sometimes you gotta be still. It takes some time to reach you and they.
    Be still take some time clean your space, be real!
    Chaos Isn't good for your health, Ah. No...No... ...Ahhh.
    Cause' I'm breaking things and losing things. I lost my cell phone again the other day.
    Now, I don't wanna live this way, no... In the back of my mind, I hear my mamma say...

Slow down, baby you're moving too fast.
    You're about to wreck your future, running from your past.

Here's the prettiest love song of all time.

Ready For Love

I am ready for love
    Why are you hiding from me
    I’d quickly give my freedom
    To be held in your captivity

I am ready for love
    All of the joy and the pain
    And all the time that it takes
    Just to stay in your good grace
    Lately I’ve been thinking
    Maybe you’re not ready for me
    Maybe you think I need to learn maturity
    They say watch what you ask for
    Cause you might receive
    But if you ask me tomorrow
    I’ll say the same thing

I am ready for love
    Would you please lend me your ear?
    I promise I won’t complain
    I just need you to acknowledge I am here

If you give me half a chance
    I‘ll prove this to you
    I will be patience, kind, faithful and true
    To a man who loves music
    A man who loves art
    Respect’s the spirit world
    And thinks with his heart

I am ready for love
    If you’ll take me in your hands
    I will learn what you teach
    And do the best that I can

I am ready for love
    Here with a offering of
    My voice
    My Eyes
    My soul
    My mind

Tell me what is enough
    To prove I am ready for love

I am ready…

Comment

This song just speaks for itself.

INDIA.ARIE - Good Man

I remember the first day I met you. We were so young.
      You were a blessing there was no guessing you were the one.
      Love was so crazy, we had a baby and said our vows,
      that's when you told me should anything happen I can hear you now. You told me...

Chorus: If the sun comes up and I'm not home, be strong.
      If I'm not beside you, do your best to carry on.
      Tell the kids about me when they're old enough to understand.
      Tell me that their daddy was a good man.

First anniversary... Remember we chose a star.
      And as I stand under it. I can't but help but wonder if you see it, where you are.
      For whatever reason we don't see the seasons, change again.
      Go there with peace of mind. well meet on the other side, cause 'True love doesn't end.

Ohh baby...

Two eyes looking up at me, pointing to the picture like where is he.
      Mamma are you okay, what did the paper say to make you cry that way...
      It said your daddy lived for you, and your daddy died for you, and I'll do the same...

Now baby...

??TELL ME WHO SINGS SONGS LIKE THIS????

Comment

Yeah, but singing about going out without shaving her legs ain't cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogg
          Yeah, but singing about going out without shaving her legs ain't cool though.

LOL Hogg jan you have to understand the deeper meaning behind what she's talking about. Just like you don't feel like shaving your facial hair one day, that's how we feel about our legs. She never said that we go out like that. If I'm wearing pants, WHO THE HELL CARES?

Unless you're into the Britney Spears wh0res that always "seem" to be shaved...YEA RIGHT!!!!! lol

She's just being real.

Comment

hahaha Hogg. Listen to what Violette said. :-)

I don't remember for sure but was she the one who was nominated for a lot of Grammys in one night, but didn't win one? That really sucked.
            I see...

Comment

India Arie is pretty cool. I met her in person on one of her music video shoots, and the way she carried herself as a person was totally cool.

I'm surprised she hasn't released any other albums though.

Comment

I'm the master of not shaving when I should so I know what she means. I was just messin' around.

Comment

Working...
                X