Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is rap a bad influence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dusken
    Is rap a bad influence? Yes. Phuck rap and everyone that listens to it.
    Not all rap is a bad influence. There are a few songs that actually have a meaning and a positive message.

Here, check this out: 2pac - Keep Ya Head Up

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
      and looking at your fragmented/disturbed posts and personlity(ies) i'd say you listen to marilyn manson all day!

Nice try, monkey. Marilyn Manson's "music" is terrible. Try jazz, classical, and progressive rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
        Not all rap is a bad influence. There are a few songs that actually have a meaning and a positive message.[/URL]

A majority of rap misleading and distorts people's priorities and the very few songs that do not have such lyrics are, for the most part, not appreciated for the positive messages. The lyrics that attract most of rap's audience are those associated with blow jobs, asses, ball sweat, dycks, tits, and phucking. Sorry buddy, but those positive lyrics get lost in the mix.
        Last edited by dusken; 05-30-2004, 06:35 PM.

Comment

wow! i guess i was right! this dusken character does need serious psychiatric help! why is it some of the males on this forum are jackassses ? what IS your problem anyways? you angry beast! what a turn OFFFFFFF!!!! *puke*

your beahviour is as nasty as your ugly disturbing avatar! get some help, will ya?

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
            wow! i guess i was right! this dusken character does need serious psychiatric help! why is it some of the males on this forum are jackassses ? what IS your problem anyways? you angry beast! what a turn OFFFFFFF!!!! *puke*

your beahviour is as nasty as your ugly disturbing avatar! get some help, will ya?
            We have yet another trisomic hyena, folks. I hope you realize none of what you just posted is any sort of response to either of my last two posts. Jackass? Sure I am. But can you expect anything else when you start to make stupid guesses as to what my musical taste is just because I said I dislike rap. Go to hell. I hope all that puke from your last post is ninety percent blood.

Comment

A majority of rap misleading and distorts people's priorities and the very few songs that do not have such lyrics are, for the most part, not appreciated for the positive messages. The lyrics that attract most of rap's audience are those associated with blow jobs, asses, ball sweat, dycks, tits, and phucking. Sorry buddy, but those positive lyrics get lost in the mix.

You are not being fair dusken, although I do agree that most of the popular rap is nothing but a display of pompous behavior, pimping and a spew of the street language twhich lacks any coherence, there are a few artists which present rap in its true musical art form as it was meant to be: poetry and clever play of words. Consider artists like KRS-one, Mos Def, Slick Rick and Common, also Black Eyed Peas which have recently surfaced to the popular sector (unfortunately). Underground music has always been more respectful of the pure essence of a musical composition, where artists perform because of their passion not the billboards and the financial rank.

Comment

I honestly dont think rap music is a bad influence. My little brother, who is 11 years old, listens to rap music and I hate to admit it but I buy the cds for him because thats what he likes to listen to. The only thing that drives my crazy is when he starts to sing the lyrics such as "move Bltch, get out the way, get out the way." I go completely ballistic on him and let him know that such statements are rude, degrading, and should never be repeated. As long as the person that listens to these kinds of lyrics can separate the reality from just plain music then I dont think that its that bad of an influence, but if the person is a complete idiot and takes everything word for word then thats just the fault of the person not the music.

Comment

We have yet another trisomic hyena, folks. I hope you realize none of what you just posted is any sort of response to either of my last two posts. Jackass? Sure I am. But can you expect anything else when you start to make stupid guesses as to what my musical taste is just because I said I dislike rap. Go to hell. I hope all that puke from your last post is ninety percent blood.
                  still in a bad mood? ahhh --i am awestruck by your "intelligence"

Comment

You're all idiots. Well, except maybe 2 of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      That summed it up and if you folks can't understand that I hope you die by having an anvil fall on your head during a bowel movement.
                      Isn't that what happened to Elvis?

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
                      Not all rap is a bad influence. There are a few songs that actually have a meaning and a positive message.

Here, check this out: 2pac - Keep Ya Head Up
                      Well, this song might not be about gang raping or rolling into town with 20" blades, but it's still far from really doing anything positive. All he did was relay stories about what everyone already knows. If 2Pac truly wanted to make a difference and be positive, maybe he should have gone around promoting anti-violence and demeaning the sorry ass thug lifestyle that he lived by, instead of putting out one weak, pseudo sentimental song while still "repasenten da' (whatever the hell side he was on)". I mean, who makes millions, and still acts like they're in the hood (well....besides just about every rapper)?

Inna: If you don't believe in the lyrics and lifestyle that go with it, what purpose is there in listening to rap? Chanting non-existant words to samples and soundbites of other people's music, or overplayed melodies, is far from an art form. Rap was never intended to be art. It was always about promoting a certain style and way of life. And anything the media puts out is influencial. They set the tone for how everyone's "supposed to be". That's the purpose of something/someone being popular. The fact that your brother is repeating the lyrics means he's already been infected by the influence.

Originally posted by Hogg
                      You're all idiots. Well, except maybe 2 of you.
                      Thanks! That's very kind of you, but who's the other exception?

Comment

Working...
                      X