Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Music Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian Music Videos

Ever since my recent move to Armoville (Glendale), I have found myself watching more Armenian TV than ever before...(maybe because we never had it before). Anywho, there is a show called High Vision, which aires different music videos from new Armenian singers and I have a couple of things to say, or question about it:

1) Why in the world are there SO MANY Armenian singers that NO ONE has ever heard of?
    2) Why do their videos always have some religious theme? Even if it's about love...FOR EXAMPLE: There's this younger Armenian singer who has a goat's T and he has a video for a song about a long lost love. He's supposedly a priest who is in love with this girl, who I guess ran away from him..lol...Anyway, he wears the priest's robe the ENTIRE time in the video, and basically runs around the sacred Armenian church in Echmiadzin and sings about his love for this girl. The girl, ghostly appearing wearing a red Indian sheet looking thing, just comes out of nowhere. The "priest" goes after her and she disappears!! UGHKHGHGHKGHH This video pissed me off so much that I had to change the channel to FX and watch Nip/Tuck instead!
    3) Why do the girls always insist on wearing BLACK EYESHADOW with LOBI CHOLITA LIP LINER?
    4) Why do they always sing such SAD SAD songs about death and forbidden love? They all sound the same and they are VERY VERY boring. Occasionally, I see an Andy video, which is HILARIOUS! This last one had like 50 girls ages ranging from 13-30, in a restaurant, dancing and wearing these skimpy short skirts...LOL It seemed as though Andy jan was having a BLAST!
    5) Why is there almost always ONE PERSON in the videos? Don't we want to liven things up a bit? Cmon.. bring some characters into the story!!!!

** This is no way an insult to any Armenian singer...I just think we need to improve our videos so we can get a chance to know these singers better, and buy their album/support them!

Originally posted by violette829
    Ever since my recent move to Armoville (Glendale), I have found myself watching more Armenian TV than ever before...(maybe because we never had it before). Anywho, there is a show called High Vision, which aires different music videos from new Armenian singers and I have a couple of things to say, or question about it:

1) Why in the world are there SO MANY Armenian singers that NO ONE has ever heard of?
    2) Why do their videos always have some religious theme? Even if it's about love...FOR EXAMPLE: There's this younger Armenian singer who has a goat's T and he has a video for a song about a long lost love. He's supposedly a priest who is in love with this girl, who I guess ran away from him..lol...Anyway, he wears the priest's robe the ENTIRE time in the video, and basically runs around the sacred Armenian church in Echmiadzin and sings about his love for this girl. The girl, ghostly appearing wearing a red Indian sheet looking thing, just comes out of nowhere. The "priest" goes after her and she disappears!! UGHKHGHGHKGHH This video pissed me off so much that I had to change the channel to FX and watch Nip/Tuck instead!
    3) Why do the girls always insist on wearing BLACK EYESHADOW with LOBI CHOLITA LIP LINER?
    4) Why do they always sing such SAD SAD songs about death and forbidden love? They all sound the same and they are VERY VERY boring. Occasionally, I see an Andy video, which is HILARIOUS! This last one had like 50 girls ages ranging from 13-30, in a restaurant, dancing and wearing these skimpy short skirts...LOL It seemed as though Andy jan was having a BLAST!
    5) Why is there almost always ONE PERSON in the videos? Don't we want to liven things up a bit? Cmon.. bring some characters into the story!!!!

** This is no way an insult to any Armenian singer...I just think we need to improve our videos so we can get a chance to know these singers better, and buy their album/support them!
    Violette jan, that's because Armenian music videos have these problems:

1) No proffesionalism in the pre-planning stages of the video. They don't storyboard their shots and such. (Yalla.... just grab camera and shoot)

2) They lack any real artistic thought into the production design (sets). (Yalla... this location looks nice. Let's shoot with no permit and in the middle of everyday life)

3) They are usually low budget. (Yalla.... I got my HOME VIDEO CAMERA. It's "digital" so it's good)

4) Most Armenian videos "insist" on using special effects (As if that is the newest trend in music videos nowadays )

5) The freakin artist can't act in the video.

6) They light the music videos wrong usually. (They don't white balance the freakin camera)

7) They don't use any artistic camera angles. It's too freakin primitive.

8) They don't edit the music videos really well. Often times the videos don't match with the pace of the music. That right there makes a "BIG" difference.

8) They see another music video (which looks good to them) and make 50 freakin nockoffs of the same version.

and the list can go on and on and on.....

This is why Armenian music videos REALLY suck. And yea.... I'm bashing Armenian music videos.

They need to do the opposite of what I listed above (and then some) to get a really good music video.

The main BASIC problems are the cameras they use and the way they light the whole music videos.

Shoot the video with a 16mm camera for god sakes and light the music video real good so it shows up nice on camera.

I also recommend that they spend a good amount of time in post production as far as color correction, editing, sound, etc.

Eeehhhhhh!!! Forget it.

Those people will never learn.

Comment

so so true...

Comment

...and every video has to have a car in it.

Remember those ollllld ones when it was just the singer standing, and the flashy colorful background with neon colors the whollle time.

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
          Ever since my recent move to Armoville (Glendale),
          Just curious, where did you live before? There is begining to be a lot of Armenian programing in different areas.

Occasionally, I see an Andy video, which is HILARIOUS! This last one had like 50 girls ages ranging from 13-30, in a restaurant, dancing and wearing these skimpy short skirts...LOL It seemed as though Andy jan was having a BLAST!
          That one video where Andy is in the diner? That was so random, seemed like he was trying to connect to an American past time, but when I think of Andy I don't think of a 50's diner.

It's not a bad video though, lots of good looking girls in it just dancing

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
            ...and every video has to have a car in it.

Remember those ollllld ones when it was just the singer standing, and the flashy colorful background with neon colors the whollle time.

i remember that xxxx....Paul and xxxx....those videos were demkkk

Comment

I almost directed a video for a Persian singer, which are worse then Armenian Music videos. Not to sound arrogant, but I take to filmmaking like a fish takes to water, so I definately now HOW to make a good video.. but they provided me with the down right xxxxiest equiptment so I actually turned down the job. They were so offended they I didn't want to do a music video for one of their "stars"... it was funny to see all these angry Persians... of course, the un-funny part was that they were all my dad's friends and I had to hear about how I insulted them for months after that
              "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

i've worked on american music videos here in LA and Atlanta, and like brother said up there, it's not the same work put in. its good they're trying at least...but more planning and a more realistic situation would help

Comment

Working...
                X