Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Cher's Halfbreed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come on now... ill hold your hand and push you through the crowd-- dont be scurred!! lol why aer u scared? i aint goin nowhere today-- except 2 streets away to my friends house for a party and gettin crazy... yayyi yayii

Comment

Actually going to Balboa lake today to hang out with a bunch of different crazy Armenians... my family
      Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 07-04-2004, 03:00 PM.
      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
        Kind of how Jew equals money-grubbing conspiracist and black equals uncivilized thug to some of the posters on this forum. I guess ethnic ignorance and stereotyping knows no bounds.
        It's funny cause it's true.

Comment

Kind of how Jew equals money-grubbing conspiracist and black equals uncivilized thug to some of the posters on this forum. I guess ethnic ignorance and stereotyping knows no bounds.
          Well, sort of, Lose. I think this goes deeper than that. Like with Jews, you're talking about one specific...ethnicity, religion....whatever you want to call it. What you're talking about is one race or ethnicity being stereotyped. But I'm talking about the entire, rather large region as a whole, where there are quite a few different ethnicities who most Americans don't even know of, are grouped as being the same by them. That's a whole different level of ignorance. People are basing their stereotypes of Jews and blacks on their..."experiences". But how much experience do Americans have with Syrians, Lebanese, Turks, etc? How many could even name a country other than Iraq or Iran in that region? I don't expect everyone to know everything, but for crying out loud, why must people comment or formulate perceptions on things they have no knowledge of?

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
            Well, sort of, Lose. I think this goes deeper than that. Like with Jews, you're talking about one specific...ethnicity, religion....whatever you want to call it. What you're talking about is one race or ethnicity being stereotyped. But I'm talking about the entire, rather large region as a whole, where there are quite a few different ethnicities who most Americans don't even know of, are grouped as being the same by them. That's a whole different level of ignorance. People are basing their stereotypes of Jews and blacks on their..."experiences". But how much experience do Americans have with Syrians, Lebanese, Turks, etc? How many could even name a country other than Iraq or Iran in that region? I don't expect everyone to know everything, but for crying out loud, why must people comment or formulate perceptions on things they have no knowledge of?
            One of the most annoying things I've encountered in recent history was in a sermon by Pastor John Hagey. For whatever reason he was naming off different Muslim countries and he added 'Armenia' in that list. For a guy who claims to be a theology scholar and an expert in Christian history, I find it very hard that he would make that kind of mistake. Oh well. Dumb ass.

Comment

Most people in the US don't even know that Armenia exists and probably think you're just another hairy Eastern European.

That is because most ppl in the US dont have education and enough brains to know whats around the globe except the American continent. Thats nothing to be proud of that u are stating with such a grace and glory.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
                I've never liked Cher, she's always bugged me in one way or another. One of the things that always annoyed me was how she never really acknowledged her Armenian roots, or her Native American ones for that matter, and anyone who IS Armenian and doesn't make their heritage an important part of their life rarely ranks very high in my books.

However just today I stumbled across one of her songs which may or may not have been a big hit in the 70s (I never followed her music so I don't know if this was a hit single or just some bonus track one one of her albums). With a title like Half-Breed I was actually quite excited to hear the song. Here are the lyrics:

My father married a pure Cherokee
                My mother's people were ashamed of me
                The indians said I was white by law
                The White Man always called me "Indian Squaw"

CHORUS:
                Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
                Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
                Half-breed, she's no good they warned
                Both sides were against me since the day I was born

We never settled, went from town to town
                When you're not welcome you don't hang around
                The other children always laughed at me
                "Give her a feather, she's a Cherokee"

Repeat Chorus

We weren't accepted and I felt ashamed
                Nineteen I left them, tell me who's to blame
                My life since then has been from man to man
                But it can't run away from what I am

Repeat chorus

So... like... anyone else see something wrong?

Actually my dear u r totally misinformed in 1994 she visited Yerevan, in order to discover her half origin eventhough she never stated that she was armenian, but the last name SARKISIAN says it all. She could have changed her name to something else, but she didnt. And CHER is the best she sings, she dances,she acts. What else u went, another talented armenian in a very graceful position.

Do not reply me back, im not gonna read it ur responce.

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
                  Actually my dear u r totally misinformed in 1994 she visited Yerevan, in order to discover her half origin eventhough she never stated that she was armenian, but the last name SARKISIAN says it all. She could have changed her name to something else, but she didnt. And CHER is the best she sings, she dances,she acts. What else u went, another talented armenian in a very graceful position.

Do not reply me back, im not gonna read it ur responce.
                  I believe we went over this in the thread already. I love how now one has actually talked about the song itself yet... oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
                    Maybe I should stop talking? Everything I say comes out sounding stupid. i realize I only have this problem when typing online.
                    It is crucial to be a bit self critical and question your beliefs and what you convey to others as "information", "opinion", "fact", etc. Before making bold statements, always ask yourself whether you have convinced yourself by looking at the subject somewhat deeper than simply being told or assuming.

No one knows everything... and it's never a bad idea to ask questions. After all, there are NO stupid questions ... only stupid people.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
                      That is because most ppl in the US dont have education and enough brains to know whats around the globe except the American continent.
                      I wonder if you'd be able to tell the difference between a Guatemalan and a Honduran.

Comment

Working...
                      X