Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Poetry Corner

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ckBejug
    I am in the middle of the ocean,
    I am hoping and praying...
    Will someone come to save me?

*Runs and gets the life preserver, and prepares to throw it at Bejug...*

Originally posted by ckBejug
    Someone did.
    Oh..

*Walks back with the life preserver, and throws it at the general location it came from*

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson Glow

*Runs and gets the life preserver, and prepares to throw it at Bejug...*

Oh..

*Walks back with the life preserver, and throws it at the general location it came from*
      hahahaha. That was great! lol. Come baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Sit on the life preserver and paddle out to me. It's much cooler here anyway, it's too hot out there! hehe.
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Originally posted by anileve
        I bow before your eloquence, it blew me away! The description certainly surpasses my expectation; that is one hell of a sensual piece! You know you can make money on the side by writing erotica. I will be your devoted customer.
        Eve, sorry to burst your bubble, but according to him, he didn't write it. (Look up top).

Comment

• How to live eternity in one hour.

One hour.
          Sixty minutes.
          It can easily be done.
          Hardly a blip in the fabric of time.
          Only three-thousand six-hundred seconds.
          One glance between two people.
          One moment between lovers.
          One glimmer in their eyes.
          One caught breath.
          One shared heat.
          One passion.
          One love.
          One kiss.
          Be one.

You're done.
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Eternity is never done.

Comment

• Originally posted by antihippy
              Eternity is never done.
              Ahhh semantics!

(or maybe I should get down to my valley girl roots and say.... ahem... Duh! )

Comment

• *steps up to the mic...*

Ummm...hi. Well....ummm...I wrote this a while back as a quick rough draft to revise at a later time. That later time...ummm...hasn't come. So, it's still choppy, and like....sucky and crappy and stuff....but, yeah.....so...here goes....

And..and..stop LOOKING at me....I can't do this with you staring........I said STOP IT! No, not LAUGH, STOP it! Ok, now...ummm.....HEY! You in the back! Look at your coffee or something! Ok....ummm...here goes nothing......-ahem-....

Collective Divide

Fractions appear before me
                Taking neither shape nor form recognizable
                Spreading as infinitely outward as the universe
                In unimaginable colors and vibrant pulses
                Taking on an aura, a verve
                They beckon me, momentarily stunning and paralyzing.
                What have I found?
                Why am I here?
                The more I focus, the more fractions appear.
                Then as mysterious as The Divide, my mind is suddenly clear.
                All thoughts disappear, I know now why I’m here
                With eyes sealed like a new born, I extend my form.
                In slow moving time, I allow my self to fall forward.
                I dive deep into the fraction just before me,
                My whole being immersed in it, imbedded in its thick entity
                Swimming freely, soaking all of its brilliance.
                I find myself gently floating to the top
                I arise out of the fraction, now taking on its metallic hue
                I listen to the change in my pulse, my color, my being.
                My appetite has formed. My being hungers and aches for more
                And so into the fractions I descend
                again and again
                my being resonating,
                my thirst never quenched.
                My form changing hue with each.
                The hue steadily becoming incandescent radiance
                I crave more
                I yearn to explore
                Knowing the divide before me
                will never be conquered in its entirety,
                Yet yearning to emmerse in it just the same
                My mild passion now a luminous flame
                For I know, there is no going back
                I will play the never ending game
                I will never be the same -
                I will never be the same

Aaaaaaand, that's all!

*Dashes off the stage*

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson Glow
                  *steps up to the mic...*

Ummm...hi. Well....ummm...I wrote this a while back as a quick rough draft to revise at a later time. That later time...ummm...hasn't come. So, it's still choppy, and like....sucky and crappy and stuff....but, yeah.....so...here goes....

And..and..stop LOOKING at me....I can't do this with you staring........I said STOP IT! No, not LAUGH, STOP it! Ok, now...ummm.....HEY! You in the back! Look at your coffee or something! Ok....ummm...here goes nothing......-ahem-....

Aaaaaaand, that's all!

*Dashes off the stage*

hahahaha. You're one funny guy. And poem looked pretty good. I must admit that I only skimmed through it quickly, as my brain is slow tonight, but I will get back to reading it more attentively some time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sSsflamesSs
                    Eve, sorry to burst your bubble, but according to him, he didn't write it. (Look up top).
                    Really? I could have sworn that it's identical to his writing style. I think he's a bit ashamed to portray himself as a romantic, which he certainly is. Oh well, let him maintain that manly shell.

==============================

Everybody's a hero in a process
                    The only sense a child has is innocence

Worldly gains and subjective slants
                    Have plagued the body of romance

Who distorted symbolic eve
                    and thought that blackness meant to grieve?

To create a race of human souls afraid of sense, condemning holes
                    Is physical gratification self mistreatment?
                    The connotation!

We've learned well the definitions
                    Putting down human conditions
                    To Hell with that!
                    The secret is lose!
                    Sex is divine!
                    It's called self use.

The gifts of nature in our skin the mind is only half the twin
                    The torso is the other part
                    Their issue is the human heart
                    I hope that all oppressions fail
                    I hope that love in every form finds those who need warmth

Comment

• Nice one Crimson.
                      Oh, and just so you know, I was sitting in the front row. But you shouldn't have left the stage so quick. I wanted an autograph.
                      I see...

Comment

Working...
                      X